I, Bodybuilder and Anaconda Protocol

I was wondering how everyone is feeling about the Anaconda Protocol?

How are you feeling and what are some of the differences you are feeling in your training?

Along with that Are you like the I,Bodybuilder Program? What do you think overall?

Curtis “Clay” Van Wyck
CSCS

Just getting all my initials in… Even though my degrees are in chemical engineering, I figure it’s just as relevant to this discussion as your pedigree.

D “big D” S
B.S., M.S., Ph.D.

I like it just fine. Definitely supports intense training, whether you follow CTs IBB program or not.

S
BS, MFA, MS, WNBF, USBF

As the cheap bastard I am I only take 50 grams of whey and 1-1.5 scoops of Anaconda but I feel that it lets me train harder and longer.

kakno
Med. Kand.

Really liked the old Anaconda and felt it helped “recovery and training endurance” but not necessarily any muscle growth I wouldnt have got from diet alone.

Gl;itch.e
no initals

[quote]CurtisClay22 wrote:

How are you feeling and what are some of the differences you are feeling in your training?[/quote]
The general shift from emphasizing post workout nutrition to pre and during-workout nutrition is responsible for some of the most significant changes in progress I’ve seen, with my own training and with others, in the last 5 years or so.

DOMS is down and recovery is quicker (both between sets and between training sessions). Both of those lead to better workouts, higher intensity, and higher volume.

The specific Anaconda Protocol (combining Surge Workout Fuel, Anaconda, MAG-10, and Finibars) was huge because of the quality of carbs, protein, and other nutrients. However, with the recent changes to MAG-10 and Anaconda formulas, I’m not sure what the exact recommended “protocol” would now include.

I haven’t trained with IBB methods myself, but most people who did enjoyed the results.

I think Thibaudeau might have commented on the program in one of the Livespills recently, since he now uses some different methods. It’s certainly not to say that one way is “wrong” and another is “right” or “better”, but there are some differences and some similarities.

• Chris “Colucci” Colucci.
    CFT, Low Man on T-Nation Author Totem Pole

I, Bodybuilder is fantastic. I did try the ‘Advanced Muscle Gain’ protocol and it was really not worth it. Nowadays, 2 scoops of Surge Workout Fuel with 10 grams of BCAAs (non-Biotest) and a scoop of creatine seems to do the trick for me as far as peri-workout goes.

M-A.B, BS,CSCS

The “concept” of Anaconda is great. It’s what keeps me going back to the gym on an regular basis.

And yeah, no letters. My name is too long to start with, no way I want to add anythigne else…

Oh, did the iBB for two full circles and loved it. Learned a lot. Unfortunately, it is to much for my shoulders. But, that’s just me.

[quote]JFG wrote:
The “concept” of Anaconda is great. It’s what keeps me going back to the gym on an regular basis.

And yeah, no letters. My name is too long to start with, no way I want to add anythigne else…

Oh, did the iBB for two full circles and loved it. Learned a lot. Unfortunately, it is to much for my shoulders. But, that’s just me.[/quote]

Yes, shoulder week is pretty rough on the AC joints for sure…if you can survive, it works though!

To everyone thank you for your replies. I love the Anaconda protocol and Chris “Colucci” Colucci I see and feel the effects of DOMS being down.

I am on my second round this week of iBB shoulder workouts and I would agree with JFG and Myosin on the AC Joint getting rocked but the outcome I am getting from it is great. I love the workout and next week I will start the next phase.

Thanks again if you guys like anything else on here let me know!

[quote]kakno wrote:
As the cheap bastard I am I only take 50 grams of whey and 1-1.5 scoops of Anaconda but I feel that it lets me train harder and longer.

kakno
Med. Kand.[/quote]

You forgot SVP, the most important of all.

SWEDISH VIKING POWAAA!

I’ve been consistently using Anaconda for 1.5 years or so now, and I think I take for granted how great it is. The new formula is even better. I can’t remember the last time I was sore for more than a day. Energy during training is always great, much better than before I was using it.

I agree with Chris “Colucci” Colucci.

• Michael
    ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRS “T” UVWXYZ

Long time skeptic checking in who recently purchased the new Anaconda/MAG-10 protocol. I started training again this january and have tried cheaper pwo’s with caffeine & stims. I honestly feel that the new protocol gives me more energy than the pwo’s I was using prior and I have recently upped my training intensity. I also noticed that my recovery time is much quicker. It’s not magic or wizardry, but I wish I was on the protocol earlier.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

How are you feeling and what are some of the differences you are feeling in your training?[/quote]
The general shift from emphasizing post workout nutrition to pre and during-workout nutrition is responsible for some of the most significant changes in progress I’ve seen, with my own training and with others, in the last 5 years or so.

DOMS is down and recovery is quicker (both between sets and between training sessions). Both of those lead to better workouts, higher intensity, and higher volume.

The specific Anaconda Protocol (combining Surge Workout Fuel, Anaconda, MAG-10, and Finibars) was huge because of the quality of carbs, protein, and other nutrients. However, with the recent changes to MAG-10 and Anaconda formulas, I’m not sure what the exact recommended “protocol” would now include.

I haven’t trained with IBB methods myself, but most people who did enjoyed the results.

I think Thibaudeau might have commented on the program in one of the Livespills recently, since he now uses some different methods. It’s certainly not to say that one way is “wrong” and another is “right” or “better”, but there are some differences and some similarities.

• Chris “Colucci” Colucci.
    CFT, Low Man on T-Nation Author Totem Pole[/quote]

Chris, the current recommendation is to take 1-Serving(2scoops) New Anaconda formula, and nothing else, unless you want to add extra carbs, in which case you can add Finibars to go along with that.

Tim Patterson, is adamant about nothing being added to the new formulas, including, SWF, creatine on the other hand could be added if desired.

Eazy-

So what you are saying is just take Anaconda no need for MAG-10 during the workout? And if so would you take the new MAG-10 Formula after your workout?

Also would you mix the Surge Pre Workout with it?

[quote]Myosin wrote:
I, Bodybuilder is fantastic. I did try the ‘Advanced Muscle Gain’ protocol and it was really not worth it. Nowadays, 2 scoops of Surge Workout Fuel with 10 grams of BCAAs (non-Biotest) and a scoop of creatine seems to do the trick for me as far as peri-workout goes.

M-A.B, BS,CSCS[/quote]

I agree with this, the cost of the full protocol is not worth the benefit IMO. I think I’ll be sore for an extra day than spend $400.

Now I use a pre-workout ebery drink and mix in a scoop or two of Biotest BCAA’s and then use a during workout drink (Either Surge Workout Fuel or something similar by other companies), and then Surge Recovery PWO with another scoop of Biotest BCAA’s.

Pierce
CFA, MBA
UPA,SPF,USAPL,ASA

Eazy-

So what you are saying is just take Anaconda no need for MAG-10 during the workout? And if so would you take the new MAG-10 Formula after your workout?

Also would you mix the Surge Pre Workout with it?
[/quote]

Correct, just the Anaconda, then as far as the MAG-10 its recommended to take a serving of that about an hour after training, as a pulse. No need for Surge Workout Fuel at all, save that for something else, like if you play sports.

@Eazy thanks for the update.