I Beat up a Guy on the Way Home from Work.

Pancakes or waffles?

I can see what he means, he may have thought the guy was going to attack him first.

But remember, when fighting on the street it may not always be a fair fight and knives, baseball bats or even guns can become invovled be very careful. Fighting on the streets aint a time or place to be having a code of honor or ethics. Your only concern is that you are the one walking away when its said and done with not the one being carried away.

[quote]xivb4m wrote:
Pancakes or waffles?[/quote]

Thems thar fightin’ werds.

Youz an I better step outside an handle dis like REAL MEN!

[quote]JohnnyRobber wrote:
I guess I shouldn’t have been surprised that 95% of the responses were the typical T-Man repsonses: 1)Smart-assed to show everyone how witty they are 2)Attack the poster for asking a “stupid or uninteresting” question 3)Attack the poster just for the hell of it becasue it makes you feel good about yourself I guess 4)Completely ignore the question and write about other things 5)Make up facts and draw conclusions about the poster or the question and then respond to that, etc[/quote]

Or:

1. In a fit of insane rage, fueled by abnormally high testosterone levels, go and start a fight with the first person I see over something trivial. Because fighting over stupid shit is what real tough guy, hard ass, T-men do.

I killed 27 ninjas who had machine guns on my way home from work. It was kind of like Rambo. You guys are pussies.

i havent had a day go by that i DIDNT beat the shit out of 12 guys on the way home. its not a choice! its a way of life!

and guys give the op a break. god knows whats goin through your head in a time like that. and as far a a fighting etiquette?! who gives a shit?! if some one comes at me in a fit of rage, im gonna start swingin and hope i come out alive. so to the op, “nice job, your a survivor!”

Add me to the list of people who asked for details. Why were you out of your car? Or did you throw the punch from inside the car?

If you feel that he is about to attack you then throwing the first punch is defensible. The issue is why you were in a position to be attacked.

By getting out of your car, the police may well see it as you escalating the situation.

As for rules, there are no rules in a street fight other than try to avoid having a street fight. If you lose the fight you can end up fucked up or dead. If you win the fight you can end up in prison having accidentally killed someone. (all it takes is one punch then the guy cracking his head on the sidewalk.)

Either way, best response is avoid the fight.

who cares? why would you post this on an internet message board? If you feel it necessary, confide in a friend, not some anonymous “t-man”, or whatever you want to call it.

Originally, I was legitimately curious about the circumstances of your fight. I always give people the benefit of the doubt, sometimes to a fault, and I was hoping that you would have a legitimate reason to throw swings.

Throughout life, I firmly believe that there are rare times when its a man’s duty to stand his ground, protect himself and fight. I believe avoiding conflict or walking away is the best option 99% of time, but it can be POSSIBLE that fighting is the only way out. Fighting is never, ever ‘cool’ and doesn’t ever make you a ‘badass.’ It’s a way to protect yourself if your backed into a corner by someone who can’t be reasoned with.

I wanted to know if your situation fit the bill.

A friend that I grew up with got into a fist fight during his last semester of college that completely screwed up his life. He was out drinking with a girl, and the girl’s ex-boyfriend saw them at the same bar and lost his cool. Long story short, my friend tried to leave and avoid everything, but the ex-boyfriend and four of his friends followed him out into the street and surrounded him.

My friend knew he was about to get jumped, so he threw a haymaker in the ex-boyfriends face, turned and took off in a dead sprint. He made it home safely.

The next day he learned that he hit the guy so hard that his knees buckled and he fell back and smacked his head on the concrete. The ex-boyfriend split his skull open and was rushed to the hospital and had to have brain surgery. He recovered and is fine, but my friend got charged with felony assault and has been involved in a trial for over a year.

He’s got a good degree from a business school from a major university, but can’t get a job because of his record. He’s pleading self defense, clearly, and hopefully through time everything will get worked out. To this day, he say’s he would have rather taken the beating than have to deal with all of this aftermath, even though he was defending himself.

The bottom line is this:
Anytime you get on an internet forum and declare that you got in a fight, regardless of how you got there, you’re gonna get flamed by the masses. You shouldn’t be so surprised, especially with the huge amount of internet tough guys and trolls out there. Fighting isn’t cool and the way you posted made it seem as though you were bragging about it. You should have stayed in your car or driven away.

Frankly this board and sites like this don’t interest me much (my number of posts bears that out) but getting into a fight is not something that happens to me or most people for that matter and after having gone through it and having to deal with the aftermath of it I just had a late night thought process going and figured what better place to throw a question out about a subject like this than a T-Man forum. I don’t REALLY NEED the advice for chrissakes but just thought I’d throw it out there and see what came back.[/quote]

Now you know what comes back. Not what you wanted, huh?

Which is different from posting to show what a supposed he-man you are, I guess.

If you can’t take a punch, then you shouldn’t be fighting, period. How clear is that?

No, the general consensus was that you should have never got yourself in that situation, and then behaved stupidly afterwards.

Since sites like this don’t interest you much, then either go elsewhere or start behaving like a man, or take the shit you’ve been dealt.

I stated the other guy was the instigator and the aggressor and I threw the first punch only because I didn’t want to be the RECIPIENT of the first punch. [/quote]

Oh, so you’re saying your defense sucks then. You need to work on your D, brah.

[quote]MarvelGirl wrote:
So you got out of your cars to fight?

Grats, you were both retarded.[/quote]

Not necessarily. If the other guy gets out of the car first it leaves you no choice but to get out as well. Unless you want to sit there getting your head kicked in while you are trapped inside the car possibly with your seat belt on.

depending on where you are, wind the window up and call the cops.

Only reason I can see for getting out of the car is if there has been a coming together and you are out to assess damage and exchange details.

[quote]decapsk8 wrote:
and guys give the op a break. god knows whats goin through your head in a time like that. and as far a a fighting etiquette?! who gives a shit?! if some one comes at me in a fit of rage, im gonna start swingin and hope i come out alive. so to the op, “nice job, your a survivor!”[/quote]

This leads directly to, “Nice job, you’re serving 5-10!”

you should have put it in his pooper

Iraq.

[quote]chimera182 wrote:
Did you rip a stop sign out of the ground with popping viens (sic)?[/quote]

LOL. Beat me to it.

[quote]DanErickson wrote:
MarvelGirl wrote:
So you got out of your cars to fight?

Grats, you were both retarded.

Not necessarily. If the other guy gets out of the car first it leaves you no choice but to get out as well. Unless you want to sit there getting your head kicked in while you are trapped inside the car possibly with your seat belt on.[/quote]

Is there a “man code” that doesn’t allow you to drive away? What if I don’t let him in the car? What weapons does he have?.. I call shotgun.