I Beat up a Guy on the Way Home from Work.

[quote]JohnnyRobber wrote:
I had a fight in the middle of the street with another motorist on the way home from work. He was the instigator and the aggressor but I threw the first punch (and every punch in the fight for that matter).

Obviously the police have their opinions but what is proper for a man in a fight? Are there rules or your own personal rules as to when to fight?[/quote]

You can’t exactly argue that you were the innocent party if you got out of the car to meet the guy and then proceeded to beat him to a bloody pulp. Especially if he didn’t retaliate.

Shouldn’t this be in Combat Sports?

[quote]roybot wrote:
JohnnyRobber wrote:
I had a fight in the middle of the street with another motorist on the way home from work. He was the instigator and the aggressor but I threw the first punch (and every punch in the fight for that matter).

Obviously the police have their opinions but what is proper for a man in a fight? Are there rules or your own personal rules as to when to fight?

Shouldn’t this be in Combat Sports?

[/quote]

Do you think it should be anywhere?

[quote]chimera182 wrote:

Do you think it should be anywhere?[/quote]

Yes. Back in the OP’s hyperactive imagination, where it belongs.

Well for those that can’t read and those that are quick with disparaging comments I’m sure you’ll never understand anyway.

For the rest my question was what is an appropriate response in a fight and are there any rules. Based on the responses it would seem the answer is run away. Fine, great, I’m sure you all will be fine going forward.

I stated the other guy was the instigator and the aggressor and I threw the first punch only because I didn’t want to be the RECIPIENT of the first punch. That was a call I had to make in a mere moment in time in what was for me a new and stressful situation. I’m sure all you cocksure, smart-assed know it all big mouths have never and will never have to make such a decision and should it ever occur you will of course handle it with great calm and knowing assurance and will of course be totally correct in your response.

Well for those that can’t read and those that are quick with disparaging comments I’m sure you’ll never understand anyway.

For the rest my question was what is an appropriate response in a fight and are there any rules. Based on the responses it would seem the answer is run away. Fine, great, I’m sure you all will be fine going forward.

I stated the other guy was the instigator and the aggressor and I threw the first punch only because I didn’t want to be the RECIPIENT of the first punch. That was a call I had to make in a mere moment in time in what was for me a new and stressful situation. I’m sure all you cocksure, smart-assed know it all big mouths have never and will never have to make such a decision and should it ever occur you will of course handle it with great calm and knowing assurance and will of course be totally correct in your response. [/quote]

I see, and like you said “he was the instigator” but… you threw the first punch.
Honestly, what response did you expect? You came off as a huge dick in your little story.

(sorry for feeding the troll)

I stated the other guy was the instigator and the aggressor and I threw the first punch only because I didn’t want to be the RECIPIENT of the first punch. That was a call I had to make in a mere moment in time in what was for me a new and stressful situation. I’m sure all you cocksure, smart-assed know it all big mouths have never and will never have to make such a decision and should it ever occur you will of course handle it with great calm and knowing assurance and will of course be totally correct in your response. [/quote]

Seriously. I’d love to hear your argument as to why you absolutely HAD to pull over and get out of your car to confront a guy in the middle of the street. That’s not “running away”. It’s called using good judgement.

Surely it must have occurred to you that there was a very good chance things would escalate beyond a friendly chat…

Going by what little you have told us about the incident, there are only two reasons I can think of for putting yourself in that position: you either wanted to inflict harm on that guy because he hurt your masculine pride, or you couldn’t control your temper in that situation.

Either way, telling you what is ‘proper’ in a fight is a waste of time, because judging by your original post, you don’t have the self-control to be able to apply that information.

The next time your anger flares up, any ‘rules of conduct’ are going to go out of the window…

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

Driver of car B (balding white douche) gets out, walks up to the drivers side window of car A, yells at the chick for cutting him off, calls her a cunt, and spits in her face.

The passenger of car A gets out and stars throwing down with the balding white douche. Needless to say, the passenger in car A, a smallish Asian gentleman, couldn’t fight for shit. The balding white guys straight fucked him up right there in the middle of the street.

<snip!>

Twenty mins later I get a call from my inlaws about a old white guy and an Asian guy fighting in the parking lot of the supermarket down the street. I guess car A followed car B after the altercation.

Asian guy pulled a knife during the second fight, stabbed the white guy like 13 times.[/quote]

To some people, this may make me sound like a terrible person, but the fat old white guy had it coming.

Once you allow yourself to get to the stage where you’ll get out of your car, call a complete stranger a “cunt” and spit in their face, then proceed to “beat the crap” out of their passenger - all for the “crime” of cutting you off in traffic (asshole sounds like the type that deliberately squeezes people out of “his” lane when trying to merge), sooner or later you’re gonna get stabbed.

P.S. - Need more detail on the OP’s altercation. You can’t just say “he was the aggressor” over and over. Repetition does not equal truth.

ElbowStrike

[quote]ElbowStrike wrote:
countingbeans wrote:

Driver of car B (balding white douche) gets out, walks up to the drivers side window of car A, yells at the chick for cutting him off, calls her a cunt, and spits in her face.

The passenger of car A gets out and stars throwing down with the balding white douche. Needless to say, the passenger in car A, a smallish Asian gentleman, couldn’t fight for shit. The balding white guys straight fucked him up right there in the middle of the street.

<snip!>

Twenty mins later I get a call from my inlaws about a old white guy and an Asian guy fighting in the parking lot of the supermarket down the street. I guess car A followed car B after the altercation.

Asian guy pulled a knife during the second fight, stabbed the white guy like 13 times.

To some people, this may make me sound like a terrible person, but the fat old white guy had it coming.

Once you allow yourself to get to the stage where you’ll get out of your car, call a complete stranger a “cunt” and spit in their face, then proceed to “beat the crap” out of their passenger - all for the “crime” of cutting you off in traffic (asshole sounds like the type that deliberately squeezes people out of “his” lane when trying to merge), sooner or later you’re gonna get stabbed.

ElbowStrike[/quote]

I feel the same. The white douche had a short fuse. I feel bad he got stabbed 13 times (I wonder if he survived), but it does seem he lived in such a way that at some point, he was going to come up against a greater force.

Need more detail on the OP’s altercation. You can’t just say “he was the aggressor” over and over. Repetition does not equal truth.

ElbowStrike[/quote]

I agree that the OP needs to elaborate on what happened.

He has been asked to do that a few times and still hasn’t delivered. There is no description to any of the lead-up to the fight, for example.

With the way his story reads at the moment, it looks like he was the aggressor, so it’s not suprising people keep saying that.

To be honest, it looks like the OP isn’t remorseful at all about beating the guy down. It’s no wonder most of us aren’t taking him seriously.

Come on, OP: if you want a sensible discussion, then give us the entire story.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

ElbowStrike

I feel the same. The white douche had a short fuse. I feel bad he got stabbed 13 times (I wonder if he survived), but it does seem he lived in such a way that at some point, he was going to come up against a greater force.

[/quote]

I also agree. When the first fight started I was kinda rooting on the Asian kid, and was slightly disappointed when he got tooled on.

I never found out if the white guy died, I imagine he survived otherwise there would have been a ton of “gang” bullshit in the paper. (But around here, there is quite a bit of anti-Asian sentiment, so maybe they didn’t blow the situation up because the white guy deserved to get messed up.)

But yeah, he was asking for it. I’m not sure I would have reacted any different than the Asian kid if someone did that to my wife. (Well, I don’t carry a knife.)

[quote]countingbeans wrote:
I’m not sure I would have reacted any different than the Asian kid if someone did that to my wife. (Well, I don’t carry a knife.)[/quote]

Same.

Also to the OP:

Rule #1 about altercations: ALWAYS be the FIRST to call the police! They tend to believe whoever calls them first. It’s retarded, but that’s the way it is.

ElbowStrike

countingbeans wrote:

<snip!>

Asian guy pulled a knife during the second fight, stabbed the white guy like 13 times.

P.S. - Need more detail on the OP’s altercation. You can’t just say “he was the aggressor” over and over. Repetition does not equal truth.

ElbowStrike[/quote]

Yes it does x9999

good for you, you got in a fight. watch out for the little asian guy next time.

Internet badass.

sorry dude, but you have to get hit first or dodge the incoming hit before you can hit him back otherwise you go to jail for assault & battery----thats the only rule!.
and btw, if someone talking crap in your face hes not gonna hit you, if he could he wudn’t be so frustrated & if he wasn’t frustrated he wudn’t talk crap in your face.

Actually I haven’t been asked a “few times” to elaborate. Only one poster said anything prior to my second post and that was just “details, details”. Everybody else, particularly you, made comments based on your own creations of the story.

Frankly this board and sites like this don’t interest me much (my number of posts bears that out) but getting into a fight is not something that happens to me or most people for that matter and after having gone through it and having to deal with the aftermath of it I just had a late night thought process going and figured what better place to throw a question out about a subject like this than a T-Man forum. I don’t REALLY NEED the advice for chrissakes but just thought I’d throw it out there and see what came back.

I guess I shouldn’t have been surprised that 95% of the responses were the typical T-Man repsonses: 1)Smart-assed to show everyone how witty they are 2)Attack the poster for asking a “stupid or uninteresting” question 3)Attack the poster just for the hell of it becasue it makes you feel good about yourself I guess 4)Completely ignore the question and write about other things 5)Make up facts and draw conclusions about the poster or the question and then respond to that, etc

So to provide all the gory details which will only create more of the typical responses I noted above doesn’t interest me and based on the responses so far I don’t expect much. Anyone seriously interested in answering my simple question and offering a thoughtful response already have all the info they need. My second post said that I struck first to avoid being struck first. I think that should be pretty clear what I was faced with and I also said I had to make that decision in a moments notice in what was a stressful and unusual situation for me and without benefit of prior experiences. Now what in the hell is so hard to grasp?

Like I already stated, the general consensus seems to be I should have run away. Yes I could have or I could have called 911 like the police said. Great so now it’s very clear that in the future in all cases it is obvious that the appropriate response is to just run away or call 911. Because no matter what you are faced with those options WILL ALWAYS BE AVAILABLE TO YOU wouldn’t they? So some asshole will always be able to come back at you with “why didn’t you just run away” or “why didn’t you just call 911”. Good luck living your life with your own rules.

[quote]enigma666 wrote:
JohnnyRobber wrote:

Obviously the police have their opinions but what is proper for a man in a fight? Are there rules or your own personal rules as to when to fight?

I am going to be really blunt here, so prepare your self.

You are quite possibly retarded, and you might want to have your mental capacity checked.

This is exactly how people get shot and or stabbed. Bottom line don’t pick fights, if the fight brings it self to you and there is no other way to avoid it then end it quick. But your lucky you weren’t on the wrong side of an ass whooping or a gun for that matter. I’m not saying every motorist is armed but what would happen if you decided to fuck with some one that was?

Remember actions have consequences, and its better to just let the assholes be.
[/quote]

Anyone who gets out of his car to fight with a stranger is just plain crazy. Good post.

OP, if you love fighting, there’s lots of opportunities available — Afghanistan, the soon-to-be food riots in our cities, the gangs of unemployed roving the countryside. Join a military branch (wish I had).

Actually I haven’t been asked a “few times” to elaborate. Only one poster said anything prior to my second post and that was just “details, details”. Everybody else, particularly you, made comments based on your own creations of the story.

Frankly this board and sites like this don’t interest me much (my number of posts bears that out) but getting into a fight is not something that happens to me or most people for that matter and after having gone through it and having to deal with the aftermath of it I just had a late night thought process going and figured what better place to throw a question out about a subject like this than a T-Man forum. I don’t REALLY NEED the advice for chrissakes but just thought I’d throw it out there and see what came back.

I guess I shouldn’t have been surprised that 95% of the responses were the typical T-Man repsonses: 1)Smart-assed to show everyone how witty they are 2)Attack the poster for asking a “stupid or uninteresting” question 3)Attack the poster just for the hell of it becasue it makes you feel good about yourself I guess 4)Completely ignore the question and write about other things 5)Make up facts and draw conclusions about the poster or the question and then respond to that, etc

So to provide all the gory details which will only create more of the typical responses I noted above doesn’t interest me and based on the responses so far I don’t expect much. Anyone seriously interested in answering my simple question and offering a thoughtful response already have all the info they need. My second post said that I struck first to avoid being struck first. I think that should be pretty clear what I was faced with and I also said I had to make that decision in a moments notice in what was a stressful and unusual situation for me and without benefit of prior experiences. Now what in the hell is so hard to grasp?

Like I already stated, the general consensus seems to be I should have run away. Yes I could have or I could have called 911 like the police said. Great so now it’s very clear that in the future in all cases it is obvious that the appropriate response is to just run away or call 911. Because no matter what you are faced with those options WILL ALWAYS BE AVAILABLE TO YOU wouldn’t they? So some asshole will always be able to come back at you with “why didn’t you just run away” or “why didn’t you just call 911”. Good luck living your life with your own rules. [/quote]

So… Did you get tooled on?

I mean you sure are grumpy about it.

And secondly, if you hate this place so much, and don’t want to tell your story, why the fuck did YOU post it in the first place?

(Although it’s a more entertaining read than FTG’s desperate cry for attention thread.)

Actually I haven’t been asked a “few times” to elaborate. Only one poster said anything prior to my second post and that was just “details, details”. [/quote]

Wrong. Big Aristotle, ElbowStrike and myself have all asked for more details on your story. That qualifies as a ‘few times’. Sorry, but ignoring everything from the third post onwards doesn’t change that.

If you want to be taken seriously, then stop dodging that very simple and direct request. The fact that you keep making lengthy posts that offer no further expansion on your original post suggests that you were either in the wrong or you are a troll.

If that is a ‘misunderstanding’, then please enlighten me by posting the entire story.

[i]That’s why you have been asked to post the whole story.

[/i] Don’t blame people for making assumptions when all you have told us is that you got into a fight with some random dude on the way home from work.

Until you post the full story, this thread is pointless. You stubbornly refuse to give the full details to a situation, then expect people to give their opinions on it.

Then, when this thread turns into a trainwreck, you point the finger at everybody else.

If you do what has been asked of you, maybe, just maybe, you will salvage some credibilty. At the moment you don’t have any.