I Asked Santa for Squat Shoes!

I asked my mom to get me a pair of adidas weightlifting shoes for x-mas this year. Gave her this site:

http://www.dynamic-eleiko.com/products/shoesFR.html

I’m sure she will get me the cheapest ones, Ironwork II

Good idea or what?

Ironworks are pretty nice, after squatting in them you’ll wonder why you waited so long to get a pair.

Agreed. I have had mine for about 3 years averaging about 9-10 hours of training a week and they are now just getting replaced.

I asked santa for an elitefts prime cut belt.

What’s the difference between specific squat shoes and something like chucks? These look like they have a bit of heel elevation.

[quote]boyscout wrote:

What’s the difference between specific squat shoes and something like chucks? These look like they have a bit of heel elevation. [/quote]

They do. That’s the point.

Pretty much every good USAPL/IPF lifter I know of squats with at least some heel.

But the shoes are weightlifting shoes. Obviously, a heel is required in weightlifting.

But they ain’t cheap…

[quote]boyscout wrote:

What’s the difference between specific squat shoes and something like chucks? These look like they have a bit of heel elevation. [/quote]

Everyone recommends them. I’m sure chucks are still best for deads though since the flat heel gets you closer to the ground and they are under $50. I have lifted in chucks many times, and they just do not feel right when doing power cleans. Mark Rippetoe says that good squat shoes are the best piece of gear to invest in. When Santa comes and I have a chance to try them out, I will let you know more.

Hahahaha!

I asked for a pair of Do-Win’s last christmas. Best christmas present ever.

But seriously, the squat shoes make a world of difference.

Ironworks are fine as long as you have a normal to narrow foot. I’ve heard that they aren’t so great for those with wider feet.

i asked the Hanuka armadillo (friends joke anyone?) for an efs belt and knee wraps :slight_smile: got a free beenie as well XD

[quote]Backlash79 wrote:
Ironworks are fine as long as you have a normal to narrow foot. I’ve heard that they aren’t so great for those with wider feet.[/quote]

Good point. Adidas’ weightlifting shoes do tend to run narrow compared to other brands. I have ‘normal’ width feet and my AdiStars are snug.

OP, also make sure you ask for a half size smaller than your normal running/training shoe as they tend to run large.

I got mines on Tuesday, used them for a leg workout yesterday, i can feel the difference, especially in the front squat, i also did 2 front squat sets by cleaning the weight off the floor and it felt a lot better then normal.

I got these ones. They are custom fit by a guy in Winnipeg. They run $150 Cdn but I love them. It’s not like they will wear out quickly.

For my birthday a few weeks ago I got a Titan fury bench shirt. My mom loves me :slight_smile:

I’m hoping to get a custom squat suit and plane tickets to Women’s Nationals from Santa. Last year he brought me a lever belt.

I really wish my mother would get me lifting stuff, instead of sweaters and makeup!

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:
I’m hoping to get a custom squat suit and plane tickets to Women’s Nationals from Santa. Last year he brought me a lever belt.

I really wish my mother would get me lifting stuff, instead of sweaters and makeup![/quote]

Next on my list is a custom Centurion suit. I may have a sponsor for nationals which totally rocks.

I’d like a lever belt. I struggle with mine. I stupidly bought a two prong one and I need help getting it on. I’m short waisted so a guy on my team suggested I get a rib removed. Hey, if it’s good enough for Cher.

Maybe the makeup is in hopes that Bob will start to find you sexually attractive. No doubt the callouses aren’t working for him.

I like my blue suede Do-wins but the heel is higher than most other Oly shoes.

I asked Santa for a $10,000 gift certificate for Biotest. He told me to ‘Fuck Off’. I guess I’m getting a lump of coal.

LR

[quote]London Runner wrote:
I asked Santa for a $10,000 gift certificate for Biotest. He told me to ‘Fuck Off’. I guess I’m getting a lump of coal.

LR[/quote]

Haha, even a $1,000 gift certificate would be nice :slight_smile:

[quote]cheeta wrote:
Ramo wrote:
Obviously, a heel is required in weightlifting.

But they ain’t cheap…

I disagree. But its a personal opinion if you tend to fall forward on your squat, olympic shoes are not for you. I love my chucks I want silver leather ones from santa to squat in :slight_smile:

[/quote]

A heel is required for Olympic weightlifting, unless a person lifts split style which is very rare.

[quote]elano wrote:
I asked my mom to get me a pair of adidas weightlifting shoes for x-mas this year. Gave her this site:

http://www.dynamic-eleiko.com/products/shoesFR.html

I’m sure she will get me the cheapest ones, Ironwork II

Good idea or what?[/quote]

I’ve got that exact pair and can say that it’s worth every bit I paid.

[quote]elano wrote:
Haha, even a $1,000 gift certificate would be nice :-)[/quote]

Yeah I’d be OK with that.

On another note, I hope everyone gets what they want for Christmas!

(spreading good will, maybe i’ll get my gift certificate after all, lol, stupid Santa!)

LR