T Nation

I Am The One Who Knocks

Body armour
1>10>1 ladder
Chin ups
Dips
Leg raise
Kb swing

Thought my chins might suffer from yesterday’s max sets but I’ve recovered very well

6 Likes

“I AM THE ONE WHO KNO-”

bikes into car

2 Likes

Did you start Mass Builder?

1 Like

Technically I knocked on the side of his trailer…and then into the grounds :wink:

1 Like

Yeah brother, but I’m only doing it two days a week so that I can hammer my conditioning and be recovered enough for 1-4 Jiu-Jitsu sessions

1 Like

Ah yeah, I remember you mentioning that now. Smart play man.

1 Like

Got back out to BJJ last night, 1.5 hrs working guard passing/retention

Knee was no issue, definitely not as explosive which is fine as it forced me to focus on technique

3 Likes

Modified fun run

6 min reverse sled drag
30 pushups
12 pinwheel curl

5 rounds no rest

Pumped a lot of blood into my quad/calf and knee felt really good aftewards

5 Likes

So did lower body today, knee didn’t really like heavy loading so I stopped after the main giant set which is fine

3 rounds
Straight arm pulldowns x10
Deficit deads 12x120kg, 9x145kg, 6x165kg
5 burpee tuck jumps
6 heavy Russian twists

First set of deads was fine, second set I was ‘aware’ my knee didn’t feel great and third set felt awkward.

Definitely don’t think there’s any structural damage, it just feels like the bones are still bruised. My shin has come up all dark bruised and around my knee as well.

Happy that I could jump and rebound on the burpees without issue

4 Likes

1hr comp class.

Rolled with a lot of higher belts who are competing on the weekend and they beat the shit out of me hahaha.

Good times.

Character building

5 Likes

Brings a tear to my coaching eye seeing someone else slowly fall in love with martial arts. Such a blast watching your journey!

3 Likes

Thanks brother, a slow painful journey but an awesome one.

I always wanted to do wrestling (collegiate style not pro) but there’s only one club and it was way too far growing up.

This satisfies the grappling itch

2 Likes

Cheeky little ladder today at home

1>10
Navy seals
Dead stop chins

6 Likes

Good to see you still kicking ass in here mate. Keep working hard mate.

1 Like

5 Likes

Saw a physio today about my knee

Clear of any ACL/PCL/LCL or meniscus tears thank fucking god.

She’s putting the swelling down to bursitis and fluid pooling.

Compression, movement and range of motion exercises/stretches are the order of the day.

So while I’ve got to wait until the fluid clears to load a squat, at least I know I’m not ‘injured’

7 Likes

Can you do box squats? I was able to manage those while my ACL was ruptured and meniscus was torn. Breaking up the eccentric and concentric seems to help.

1 Like

Navy seals man

The most brutal shit out there

1 Like

I’ll give them a whirl, the fluid sort of blocks my knee from working well so I don’t have much ‘push’ to start the extension, however light ones for high reps would probably pump some of that fluid around and help it clear.

Apparently standing in a pool has lots of compressive forces so I’ll give that a shot

1 Like