I Am Legend

The mutants looked so fake. Plus, why the fuck were they wearing clothes if they’re savage mutants that eat and shit like beasts? I wanted to see some discolored rotting mutant lady breasts.

There was only one really good suspense scene, when he was running around in the dark. After that, I was disappointed.

And the leader of the mutants, that just stands around and screams his battle cry? Seems similar to the black zombie leader from Land of the Dead, no?

As far as post-apocalyptic genre films go, I preferred Children of Men and even 28 Days Later. Nevertheless, I Am Legend was moderately entertaining… But, I enjoyed the 6 minute Batman trailer before the movie much more.

Yeah The Dark Knight looks bad ass, I can’t believe how well Heath Ledger seems to have managed to pull off the unhinged Joker. When I first heard they had cast Ledger I was very weary, but from what I’ve seen his performance looks amazing.

I didn’t dislike it or think it was bad, I just thought it was boring. Will Smith did pretty well with the role, though. There were some touchingly sad moments in the film (scene in the movie rental store) and exciting moments too.

I wouldn’t go watch it again.

[quote]Mikaj wrote:
The mutants looked so fake. Plus, why the fuck were they wearing clothes if they’re savage mutants that eat and shit like beasts? [/quote]

My thoughts exactly.

This was another average film I wasted 8 bucks seeing. Should have snuck into the place. At least then I would have got my money worth.

good points:
-good story idea
-1 good suspensful scene (in the dark w/ the deer)
-some good extra additions (aka the gas price and the superman/batman movie poster).

bad points:
-terrible writing. Where the fuck did Will Smith come from? It started off with some white lady who made the anti-cancer virus, and then all of a sudden she’s gone and Will Smith is in. Yes, I know the Time Magazine article on his fridge explains it, but its not up long enough to read it.

-Ending sucked. They wrote themselves into a bad ending. Where the car stops, you expect the zombie things to come out from the woods and attack her.
-CGI was terribad. The deer could have been better.

-Half the film was handheld, the other half wasn’t. Or better explanation : half of it was shot like it was a documentary the other half wasn’t. And I dont mean like the first hour was one way the rest the next, I mean it was interspliced terribly.

-no emotional response to the dog dying. I felt like Smith deserved to have the dog die (even though I liked the dog), because of how unmanly he acted with the knife in him.

The movie had a lot of hype, had potential, and it didn’t live up to it.

I heard the ending was completely different then the book, and that the book is definitely worth checking out.-from what my friend told me-

Movie was pretty funny-lol at the zombie circle jerk- in various parts yet it was still entertaining. Yes it could have been better but I wasn’t disappointed when I left.