I Am Legend Movie Trailer

Another flick I’m really looking forward to.

agreed, this concept looks great. Some hate will smith moives but i enjoy them so very much looking forward to it. Problem is since ive seen the preview im itching to read the book but then would probably spoil most of the movie for myself

remake of the Omega man? that was a very … disturbing film, quite sad too.

I guess you could call this a spoiler. So watch out. The book is a vampire book. Omega Man changed them to albinos mutants because the studio didn’t want the stigma of a horror film.

I hope this one is vampires, and not zombies.

I just read the book this summer, VERY well done I thought

A couple of times last fall walking throught he city I saw a whole bunch of places where they were filming this. Washington Square Park was one and Fifth Avenue was another!

They had the sidewalk on 5th all set up with burned out cars and shit for ten or fifteen blocks in the middle of the day. There were cops and security guards protecting the sets. A little inconvenient but definitely cool to see as I was cruising by on the city bus.

[quote]vicktimised wrote:
agreed, this concept looks great. Some hate will smith moives but i enjoy them so very much looking forward to it. Problem is since ive seen the preview im itching to read the book but then would probably spoil most of the movie for myself[/quote]

Who hates Will Smith movies? Even slow ones that don’t quite live up to the hype (like I, Robot) are still not crap. The guy is a natural actor and always has been. His only fault is really not being able to play anything else other than…himself…which is usually just fine for the roles he plays.

His Ali wasn’t too bad either.

I think this movie is going to be bad ass. You almost can’t fuck this up if the writing is half way decent.

[quote]chiefy wrote:
A couple of times last fall walking throught he city I saw a whole bunch of places where they were filming this. Washington Square Park was one and Fifth Avenue was another!

They had the sidewalk on 5th all set up with burned out cars and shit for ten or fifteen blocks in the middle of the day. There were cops and security guards protecting the sets. A little inconvenient but definitely cool to see as I was cruising by on the city bus.[/quote]

I wonder how much it costs to shut down a few city blocks in New York for a few days.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
I wonder how much it costs to shut down a few city blocks in New York for a few days.[/quote]
From IMDB
The studio spent an estimated $5,000,000 for a 6 night shoot in New York involving the Brooklyn Bridge.

I actually read the whole script this summer while at work. It was preety well done , typical adventure movie, although i would reallly like to see what they did with the script and how its gonna look in the theatres.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

I wonder how much it costs to shut down a few city blocks in New York for a few days.[/quote]

They have to pay the utilities for the area they’re in, along with paying the lost business the storefronts lose on the days of shooting (if they block them off from customers). That’s in addition to city workers (cops, utility workers, etc.).

If they use city business for insurance, casting, catering, etc. they get discounts.

[quote]sugarfree wrote:
I guess you could call this a spoiler. So watch out. The book is a vampire book. Omega Man changed them to albinos mutants because the studio didn’t want the stigma of a horror film.

I hope this one is vampires, and not zombies.[/quote]

Vampirism in the book is a transmittable disease though, so the zombie angle like in “28 days” would not be too far off.

[quote]orion wrote:
Vampirism in the book is a transmittable disease though, so the zombie angle like in “28 days” would not be too far off.

[/quote]

Yea, I read the original novel by Matheson, and loved it. Omega Man with Heston was great too - excellent, creeped-out atmosphere. The flick has such a 70’s vibe to it…

The re-make looks good - originally they wanted Arnold to do it (he was supposed to do POTA w/Cameron also, but then Burton took the project and Wahlberg wound up starring).

Smith is a good choice…

[quote]orion wrote:
Vampirism in the book is a transmittable disease though, so the zombie angle like in “28 days” would not be too far off.[/quote]

I don’t care what they call them, zombies are dumb, vampires are smart. The best part of the book is it just isn’t about one man killing a bunch of undead.

I hope they keep with the main theme of the book, and don’t just use the title & character names, and make a zombie flick.

I love The Omega Man. It was one of my favorite movies when I was a kid. In my opinion, this isn’t a remake because the original strayed pretty far from the novel, and from what I can see from the preview, this movie appears to be following the novel rather closely. So it’s really two seperate films inspired by the same source material.

I’m not too happy to see that it was written by Akiva Goldsmith. In my opinion every movie he has screen writer’s credit for suffers from bad writing. But strong acting and directing can pull his scripts through, so I’m hopeful.

On IMDB Goldsmith is also listed as the producer for the 2008 Conan the Barbarian. I can’t really be pessimistic about that one. Conan the Destroyer was so awful that the Franchise has no where to go but up.

[quote]sugarfree wrote:
I hope they keep with the main theme of the book, and don’t just use the title & character names…[/quote]

…like I, Robot.

But I gotta say the trailer looks like something I’d watch. We’ll see how further trailers turn out to be.

Interesting.

He drives a GT500. How bad can a movie be?

I give it 10/10 just for the car :smiley:

I dunno, I’m not sure Will Smith can fill Charleton Heston’s shoes.

[quote]dragonmamma wrote:
I dunno, I’m not sure Will Smith can fill Charleton Heston’s shoes. [/quote]

Will Smith has bigger feet, so I agree.