I am a Kaiju Sith!

Been busy with school. Switched to 531 rest pause template on the site this week. The only slight changes are I do rope pushdowns instead of barbell tricep extensions since skull crushers bother my elbows and Jim himself has said it’s okay to use pushdowns instead of skull crushers since Skull crushers bother him as well and I do v-handle pulldowns instead of chins since I am too heavy for chins still. Weight is at 314lb.

Had a car accident and was rear ended. The person took more damage then me but I took a week off just to be safe so that throw things for a little loop. Luckly I seem to be fine with no personally injures. Had my first callus lifting blister from kettlebell swinging for 100 reps as quick as possible.

Today I did the monster conditioning interval where you do a circuit of bw inverted rows, feet elevated push ups, and 10 goblet squats, rest a minute, and repeat for 20 minutes. I will use that interval. I am not sure what Jim Wendler means by easy conditioning and also I sometimes wonder if I am hitting hard as I can or if I am just wimping without realizing it. If my numbers start going down I will use some other easy conditioning.

I keep my protein up at 160 to 200 grams a day at least. I still have overeating discipline issues to work out.

When your trying to hit failure, how does one tell the difference between failure, ‘mental blocks’, aerobically gassed out, or just plain being a wimp?
I know some have said in the past with some of my squat and deadlift videos that I did not hit failure like I thought I did. Thanks.

Failure: your body physically and completely fails to complete the rep. You have no option but to drop the weight.

Max Reps: You stop after what you believe is the final full rep you will be able to complete.

Many people who think they are going to failure aren’t

I thought I would update again. After holidays and doing the Tried and True Bodybuilding 4 day template during the holidays, I am back to 531 triumvirate. Since I cant do knee raises, I do kneeling ab wheel roll working on doing them extended. For chins and Dips, I do them assisted on the assisted machine.

Current weight: 304lb
TMs:
Squat: 380lb
Deads: 380lb (Just going by my previous TMs, I can do more reps on the Deads than squats).
Bench: 257lb
OHP: 165lb

For conditioning at the moment, I run my apartment stars a lot and or skip rope. I have three floors worth of stars.

Right now I try to get 150-200 grams of protein a day, then follow the simple diet as much as possible. At family events I am controlling my portions better. I figured if I am getting stronger and losing weight, I am doing okay.