I <3 Subway

If you have a problem with the portions, just ask nicely if they would mind throwing a little more on there. The process of determining portion sizes is set by Subway and enforced by the managers of the store to maximize profits for the franchise owner (which most likely ties into their bonuses)… but the teenage/20-something making your food doesn’t give a shit and would probably be happy enough to do it because he/she hates that job and doesn’t give a shit about the manager’s paycheck.

Just realize that in their eyes you are a douchey piece of shit the second you walk into the store (doesn’t matter what time of day it is) and that the entire time you are there you will be fighting to bring yourself out of the red into either neutral or positive territory. It’s nothing personal, just that they deal with dumb pieces of trash every day so all their customers tend to get lumped together after a while. So, if you just act nice enough you can get away with pretty much anything because 90% of the people they deal with are either outright assholes or bland pricks who add nothing to the quality of their shitty shift.

[quote]anonym wrote:
If you have a problem with the portions, just ask nicely if they would mind throwing a little more on there. The process of determining portion sizes is set by Subway and enforced by the managers of the store to maximize profits for the franchise owner (which most likely ties into their bonuses)… but the teenage/20-something making your food doesn’t give a shit and would probably be happy enough to do it because he/she hates that job and doesn’t give a shit about the manager’s paycheck.

Just realize that in their eyes you are a douchey piece of shit the second you walk into the store (doesn’t matter what time of day it is) and that the entire time you are there you will be fighting to bring yourself out of the red into either neutral or positive territory. It’s nothing personal, just that they deal with dumb pieces of trash every day so all their customers tend to get lumped together after a while. So, if you just act nice enough you can get away with pretty much anything because 90% of the people they deal with are either outright assholes or bland pricks who add nothing to the quality of their shitty shift.[/quote]

Everything anonym just said is true.

[quote]ethanwest wrote:

[quote]DJS wrote:
Being a jersey boy, I like old school sub shops so much better. It’s like comparing NY pizza to dominos. A good sub shop will use better bread, better meat, and be a lot more generous [/quote]

No way dude, Dominos rules. But I also hate the smell of Subway.
[/quote]

Dominos rules in general for a few select pizzas, and then is pretty decent for the rest ONLY IF you know what coupons or deals you want going in or are willing to pay more for the convenience of having your food in your mouth in less time than it takes to preheat a conventional oven. Otherwise, you run the risk of paying $28 bucks for two large pizzas only to realize once you get home that if you asked for their Large Doubles deal you could have gotten them for 18.99.

They don’t rule for anything NOT based around their dough (so scratch wings, kickers, drinks)… and if you knew how much the dough they use actually costs per glob you would be pissed at paying regular price for one of their pizzas (if you saw or touched the glob before all the manipulation and oven-work you’d just be grossed out).

Dominos rules before you see what the toppings look like before hitting the oven and Dominos rules before you realize that when you live in a delivery grey-area and call up asking to see if they deliver to your area and the dude on the other end asks you to hold on so he can check… he is actually outside finishing his cigarette and won’t bother to check the map when he walks back in to shut you down.

Tell us how you really feel anonym.

If I’m spending 5 or 6 bucks on fast food I’m getting Chipotle. Can’t beat a chicken fajita bowl. I can’t imagine wasting my money on a giant roll and deli meats.

[quote]jtrinsey wrote:
Tell us how you really feel anonym.[/quote]

There’s a reason I rarely eat fast food anymore and it has nothing to do with the effects of those meals on my physique.

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:
I ate Subway for the first time in about 14 years.

I got no problem with some chubby schlub doing their marketing; some of their choices are not bad.

I got a foot long hero with whole wheat bread, turkey, roast beef, ham, provolone cheese, multiple vegetables, and some mayonnaise (gasp).

I <3 Subway. [/quote]

Subway doesn’t have all wheat bread…its just white bread dyed brown…

lies! all lies!!

comment: this was true as of 2 years ago…doubt its changed

Subway salad bowls are okay for the price compared to other places near me.

Lettuce, cucumber, capsicum, onion, carrot, Jalapeños, avocado, double chicken with pepper and no dressing ( or a very small portion of ranch or sweet chilli)… Got to love the smell of their cookies tsk tsk. I can’t stand how much dressings they put on their subs. You ask for a very small bit of dressing and they squeeze half a bottle on one foot long sub :\

[quote]yorto wrote:
Subway salad bowls are okay for the price compared to other places near me.

Lettuce, cucumber, capsicum, onion, carrot, JalapeÃ?±os, avocado, double chicken with pepper and no dressing ( or a very small portion of ranch or sweet chilli)… Got to love the smell of their cookies tsk tsk. I can’t stand how much dressings they put on their subs. You ask for a very small bit of dressing and they squeeze half a bottle on one foot long sub :[/quote]

You don’t win friends with salad.

I agree with their tendency to drench, it’s one of the reasons i always ask for sauce on the side, so I can dip as I please.

[quote]DJS wrote:
Being a jersey boy, I like old school sub shops so much better. It’s like comparing NY pizza to dominos. A good sub shop will use better bread, better meat, and be a lot more generous with the meat. Subway barely puts any meat on their sandwiches. [/quote]

Exactly.

[quote]dnlcdstn wrote:
If I’m spending 5 or 6 bucks on fast food I’m getting Chipotle. Can’t beat a chicken fajita bowl. I can’t imagine wasting my money on a giant roll and deli meats. [/quote]

Truth

[quote]atg410 wrote:

[quote]dnlcdstn wrote:
If I’m spending 5 or 6 bucks on fast food I’m getting Chipotle. Can’t beat a chicken fajita bowl. I can’t imagine wasting my money on a giant roll and deli meats. [/quote]

Truth[/quote]

Moes > Chipotle

I’ll take Quiznos over Subway any day. But I’ll take Wendy’s over either. Big bacon deluxe or baconator is unbeatable.

[quote]debraD wrote:
I’ll take Quiznos over Subway any day. But I’ll take Wendy’s over either. Big bacon deluxe or baconator is unbeatable.[/quote]

If we’re doing fast & greasy I’m going with Wendy’s spicy chicken filet. I remember eating two when I use to bulk without any reservation.

Definitely Wendy’s > all other fast food (at least in my area)>

[quote]ethanwest wrote:

Moes > Chipotle[/quote]

You have been holding your breath under water for far too long there my friend…

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:
I ate Subway for the first time in about 14 years.

I got no problem with some chubby schlub doing their marketing; some of their choices are not bad.

I got a foot long hero with whole wheat bread, turkey, roast beef, ham, provolone cheese, multiple vegetables, and some mayonnaise (gasp).

I <3 Subway. [/quote]

I’m glad you’ve found a restaurant that suits your new mediocre lifestyle. Congrats.
[/quote]

My fitness lifestyle has become rather ordinary, but because of that, my social life is becoming extraordinary if we compare it to how it was when my fitness life was stellar.

Moes it awesome. I love the Close Talker Salad with no fried shell, double meat, and spicy ranch dressing. It’s very good too. Has great ingredients - lettuce, tomatoes, olives, cucumbers, jalapeno peppers, cheese, beef or chicken, and black or red beans.

[quote]ethanwest wrote:

[quote]atg410 wrote:

[quote]dnlcdstn wrote:

Truth[/quote]

Moes > Chipotle[/quote]

this.

Fresher ingredients, better prices. Plus they say “welcome to Moe’s” when you walk in, makes my day every time.

I like Subway too. I usually have one once a week on a lifting day - usually a ham and turkey dbl meat with provolone cheese, a ton of veggies (lettuce, tomato, red onion, peppers, cucumbers, black olives) and mayo with oil/vinegar and oregano on whole wheat.

It’s a big meal - around 1100 cals - so either it’s a post lifting meal or I eat each half as a seperate meal…