I <3 My Commercial Gym

I love the cardio bunnies. I love shaking my head at the gym idiots. I love putting on my headphones and tuning it all out, then loading up 400 lbs+ and scaring 99% of the member base. I love the cougar that asked me to show her the calf raise machine immediately after she saw me DLing 4 plates a side when I used the branch in the BFE town my mother lives in. I then love telling people that talk to me that I would not even be middle of the pack at a real powerlifting meet, just for good measure. I love the 4 other people who deadlift and that we are, in my head, the coolest motherfuckers there. Mostly though, I love the cardio bunnies.

Going to a real gym could be cool, but Im pretty self-starting and antisocial when I lift anyways. Maybe Id be pissed if I had trouble getting on equipment or something. I dunno, maybe its the big fish small pond thing that goes to my head and the fact that the closest real gym is 30 miles away down one of the worst stretches of road in the country. I guess we will never know.

1 Like

lol

[quote]milktruck wrote:
I love the cardio bunnies. I love shaking my head at the gym idiots. I love putting on my headphones and tuning it all out, then loading up 400 lbs+ and scaring 99% of the member base. I love the cougar that asked me to show her the calf raise machine immediately after she saw me DLing 4 plates a side when I used the branch in the BFE town my mother lives in. I then love telling people that talk to me that I would not even be middle of the pack at a real powerlifting meet, just for good measure. I love the 4 other people who deadlift and that we are, in my head, the coolest motherfuckers there. Mostly though, I love the cardio bunnies.

Going to a real gym could be cool, but Im pretty self-starting and antisocial when I lift anyways. Maybe Id be pissed if I had trouble getting on equipment or something. I dunno, maybe its the big fish small pond thing that goes to my head and the fact that the closest real gym is 30 miles away down one of the worst stretches of road in the country. I guess we will never know.[/quote]

Hah, excellent. Please continue …

I love the sense of comradery between myself and the guys who come in at the same time as me every day.

I love working in with dudes twice my size.

I love being asked for a spot, being asked to critique form, being asked to dole out advice.

I love flirting with cougars and then flirting with their daughters.

I love being recognized as “that kid who really blew up.”

I love to see the “steroid blossoms” blooming in early spring time.

I love my commercial gym.

[quote]Magicpunch wrote:

[quote]milktruck wrote:

Going to a real gym could be cool, but Im pretty self-starting and antisocial when I lift anyways. Maybe Id be pissed if I had trouble getting on equipment or something. I dunno, maybe its the big fish small pond thing that goes to my head and the fact that the closest real gym is 30 miles away down one of the worst stretches of road in the country. I guess we will never know.[/quote]

Hah, excellent. Please continue …[/quote]

Thats all I got for now lol.

[quote]WormwoodTheory wrote:
I love the sense of comradery between myself and the guys who come in at the same time as me every day.

I love working in with dudes twice my size.

I love being asked for a spot, being asked to critique form, being asked to dole out advice.

I love flirting with cougars and then flirting with their daughters.

I love being recognized as “that kid who really blew up.”

I love to see the “steroid blossoms” blooming in early spring time.

I love my commercial gym.

[/quote]

Yes! I feel you. I feel the love.

I love Phil Collins.

[quote]Rational Gaze wrote:
I love Phil Collins.[/quote]

lol goddamnnit!..

But yeah, some great posts in this thread!

1 Like

I’m just waiting for a “Phil Collins <3 commercial gym” thread.

Where in FL are you and which commercial gym are you at and which branch were you at in BFN? (I don’t know BFE but presume its comparable to Bum Fuck Nowhere)

Im in Miami Beach now, moving to Brickell or Midtown soon. I bounce around between the UM gym and area LA Fitnesses, none of which are convenient from here. Im working in the gables and might switch to Ballys on Coral Way if my free pass works out well.

I think youre in Central Florida right? Im talking about the Orange City LA Fitness. I went to high school out there. I guess there are people out that way and its not super rural or anything but Volusia County is an absolute wasteland that shoudnt exist.

Oh and I do <3 Phil Collins. Not for lifting, obviously, but I grew up with that stuff stuck in my parents tape deck and cant deny I like it still today.

[quote]milktruck wrote:
Oh and I do <3 Phil Collins. Not for lifting, obviously, but I grew up with that stuff stuck in my parents tape deck and cant deny I like it still today.[/quote]

Actually if you wanted to, there is a remake of In the Air tonight done by Nonpoint, which I’ve cranked for lifting. but i assume if you live in miami you might have heard of them already

[quote]dshroy wrote:

[quote]milktruck wrote:
Oh and I do <3 Phil Collins. Not for lifting, obviously, but I grew up with that stuff stuck in my parents tape deck and cant deny I like it still today.[/quote]

Actually if you wanted to, there is a remake of In the Air tonight done by Nonpoint, which I’ve cranked for lifting. but i assume if you live in miami you might have heard of them already[/quote]

Yeah that is a pretty cool cover.

you guys all realize this was supposed to be tongue in cheek right? My writing skills are going down the drain I guess…

I bounce back and forth between training in an athletic gym that I train at and my university gym that has stuff my athletic gym doesn’t have.

At my athletic gym, I love being seen as one of the guys. Everyone is cool with everyone, we all train hard, joke around, spot each other, and share stories. It’s great. Then I get to shift gears and help others get stronger and bigger and leaner. It’s an amazing feeling guiding someone through fat loss, especially when they’ve tried so many times unsuccessfully before they met me. I love the 4 different types of foam rollers, and the Prowler, and every barbell known to man.

As for my Uni gym, I love being “that guy that deadlifts” and “that crazy fucker that does 20RM squats every week.” I love how the football players come to me and ask for nutrition and training advice. I love how all the college girls my age either work out in tiny shorts or very tight pants. I love that I’m usually the only one working up a serious sweat.

I love how the old whore downstairs from the weight room always bitches at me when I do rack pulls. I love seeing the Paralympic team, who are all missing limbs in some manner, giving it way more effort than the non-amputee students.

But most of all, no matter where I am or what day it is, I love challenging the iron and testing my own mortality every day. There’s no greater stress reliever than the weights. When you get used to pushing some heavy ass iron, everything else in life seems a lot easier. I’ll be lifting until the day I die.

[quote]Xab wrote:
But most of all, no matter where I am or what day it is, I love challenging the iron and testing my own mortality every day. There’s no greater stress reliever than the weights. When you get used to pushing some heavy ass iron, everything else in life seems a lot easier. I’ll be lifting until the day I die. [/quote]

x2

[quote]milktruck wrote:
Im in Miami Beach now, moving to Brickell or Midtown soon. I bounce around between the UM gym and area LA Fitnesses, none of which are convenient from here. Im working in the gables and might switch to Ballys on Coral Way if my free pass works out well.

I think youre in Central Florida right? Im talking about the Orange City LA Fitness. I went to high school out there. I guess there are people out that way and its not super rural or anything but Volusia County is an absolute wasteland that shoudnt exist.

I also live in FL. Broward County to be a little exact. Dont go to Ballys, there contracts are terrible. You will be stuck there and you wont be able to cancel your membership. It happened to me. I had to get a Dr. note to be able to cancel my membership. What a horrible gym.

A friend of mine used the 7 day free pass when i started and 2 years later he got a call from a collection agency trying to collect his dues that he never paid. They wanted like $2,100 bucks from him. He explained that he never even sign up for the gym that it was a free trail. Apparently if you dont cancel your free trail they automatically start your membership? Not sure what the out come of that was with him though. I just laughed.

[quote]Xab wrote:
I bounce back and forth between training in an athletic gym that I train at and my university gym that has stuff my athletic gym doesn’t have.

At my athletic gym, I love being seen as one of the guys. Everyone is cool with everyone, we all train hard, joke around, spot each other, and share stories. It’s great. Then I get to shift gears and help others get stronger and bigger and leaner. It’s an amazing feeling guiding someone through fat loss, especially when they’ve tried so many times unsuccessfully before they met me. I love the 4 different types of foam rollers, and the Prowler, and every barbell known to man.

As for my Uni gym, I love being “that guy that deadlifts” and “that crazy fucker that does 20RM squats every week.” I love how the football players come to me and ask for nutrition and training advice. I love how all the college girls my age either work out in tiny shorts or very tight pants. I love that I’m usually the only one working up a serious sweat.

I love how the old whore downstairs from the weight room always bitches at me when I do rack pulls. I love seeing the Paralympic team, who are all missing limbs in some manner, giving it way more effort than the non-amputee students.

But most of all, no matter where I am or what day it is, I love challenging the iron and testing my own mortality every day. There’s no greater stress reliever than the weights. When you get used to pushing some heavy ass iron, everything else in life seems a lot easier. I’ll be lifting until the day I die. [/quote]

Where in OK, and what university?

[quote]Xab wrote:

well said sir.
DLing 405+ in my uni gym and getting crazy looks was great.
seeing “that girl” in the uni gym with the makeup and pink shorts and sports bra with the playboy bunny tattoo on her lower back was better.
getting snatch and clean & jerk advice from a lifter who had done olympic lifts for 20+ years in my uni gym was even better.
but seeing the guy who has to be “at least” 80 years old doing lat pulldowns and other exercises at my local gym was the best. i hope i have the fortitude and pride to go pump iron when my muscles are as atrophied as his are.
iron for life!

yeah some of those old dudes can be ripped. they have a real dedication to showing off their balls in the locker room as well. iron will, those guys.