I <3 Antoine Vaillant

do people really care about how well he placed in a bodybuilding competition lol this aint the superbowl
he makes more money from youtube and universal than most bodybuilder make from competition plus their stripper jobs

nobody outside of a bunch of internet sub-forums is even aware of bodybuilding and most of his youtube viewing isnt the bb’ing audience
probably a bunch of hardgainers who want to look like brad pitt thats all.
you guys take this shit too seriously
bb’ing is a freak show with smaller audience than a popular circus.

[quote]ronald1919 wrote:
do people really care about how well he placed in a bodybuilding competition lol this aint the superbowl
he makes more money from youtube and universal than most bodybuilder make from competition plus their stripper jobs

nobody outside of a bunch of internet sub-forums is even aware of bodybuilding and most of his youtube viewing isnt the bb’ing audience
bb’ing is a freak show with smaller audience than a popular circus. [/quote]

Having a bad day dude? WTF

I don’t think anyone here is crying in their beer that he didn’t win a show 
 But he IS a pro bodybuilder, and there IS a shit ton of work and sacrifice that goes into doing a show, and he SEEMS like a decent, funny dude from his videos (confirmed by some people who know him and posted in this thread)

What’s the big deal with wanting to see him do well?

And if bodybuilding is a freak show with a small following 
 That you apparently despise, might I ask your area of interest in the weight training world that commands so much respect and popular adoration?

lol another ego taking everything personally
relax dude i am sorry i insulted your “sport”
I was just talking about the bottom line from AVs perspective
I dont think it matters much if you want him to win

[quote]ronald1919 wrote:

You do realize you’re posting in an internet sub-forum titled ‘Bodybuilding’
 right?

Would you go on a powerlifting subforum and post ‘nobody gives a shit about powerlifting, it’s a niche sport, who cares what somebody totaled in their last meet, get a life!’

or on a women’s softball subforum ‘nobody gives a shit about softball, the only people who make money are baseball players, get a life!’

You’re seriously just being a dick with every single thing you post on this site.

[quote]ronald1919 wrote:

I went to an NPC show two weeks ago. 500 competitors and thousands in the audience. Pretty shitty following for an AMATEUR show. /sarcasm

No, the sport of bodybuilding is not a multi-billion dollar operation like the NFL because it appeals less to pizza gorging alcoholics.

[quote]ronald1919 wrote:

LOL. You’re a fucking tool.

[quote]ronald1919 wrote:
lol another ego taking everything personally
relax dude i am sorry i insulted your “sport”
I was just talking about the bottom line from AVs perspective
I dont think it matters much if you want him to win
[/quote]

Yep, that’s me, the egomaniac

I wasn’t offended, just curious what would send you over the edge about postings about a BODYBUILDER in a BODYBUILDING forum 
 When you apparently hate both

Why torture yourself? That’s why I don’t watch MSNBC

Ronald1919 is a troll.
He never posts anything positive and contributes nothing.
He jumps at any chance he gets to talk crap about bodybuilding, bodybuilders, steroids and even jumped into Marzouks thread to try and take a big dump on the guy for no reason.
Just ignore his posts, they don’t deserve the effort it takes to hit the quote button.

Must be a cross fitter?

[quote]Ripsaw3689 wrote:
No, the sport of bodybuilding is not a multi-billion dollar operation like the NFL because it appeals less to pizza gorging alcoholics. [/quote]

HA

As much as I love his personality (Bodybuilding needs personalities like this), he is simply not “full” enough to compare against the competition presently. Hopefully, as he “fills out” over the next few years, he won’t lose the aesthetics his physique currently has.

[quote]buffd_samurai wrote:
As much as I love his personality (Bodybuilding needs personalities like this), he is simply not “full” enough to compare against the competition presently. Hopefully, as he “fills out” over the next few years, he won’t lose the aesthetics his physique currently has. [/quote]

He obviously needs to put on some more size over the next few years but he still did a lot worse than he should have. Look at some of his pics from his last contest and on his website. THATS the conditioning he needed to bring, and he fell far short of it.

[quote]audiogarden1 wrote:

He obviously needs to put on some more size over the next few years but he still did a lot worse than he should have. Look at some of his pics from his last contest and on his website. THATS the conditioning he needed to bring, and he fell far short of it. [/quote]

Excellent point audio.
His last contest he was indeed shredded with some great density
and dare I say it
more “fullness”.

Is it somehow possible that he is simply not consuming enough (food
not the special stuff) to match the Mountain Dog training style he is doing? His training is insanely intense, and I’m wondering if he (can’t believe I’m writing this) is overtrained?

Even from the videos leading up to the show, he didn’t look as good as the Canadian nationals physique he brought then. He looks really flat and depleted.

He obviously needs to put on some more size over the next few years but he still did a lot worse than he should have. Look at some of his pics from his last contest and on his website. THATS the conditioning he needed to bring, and he fell far short of it. [/quote]

Excellent point audio.
and dare I say it
more “fullness”.

not the special stuff) to match the Mountain Dog training style he is doing? His training is insanely intense, and I’m wondering if he (can’t believe I’m writing this) is overtrained? [/quote]

I would go more under eating/ over dieting before I would say over training

Excellent point audio.
and dare I say it
more “fullness”.

not the special stuff) to match the Mountain Dog training style he is doing? His training is insanely intense, and I’m wondering if he (can’t believe I’m writing this) is overtrained? [/quote]

Thats really hard to say. I agree with you that not only was his conditioning in the past significantly better, but he was definitely fuller as well. He looked very flat at the NYP, shockingly so in my opinion.

I know the goal with Meadows was to add more detail and shape to his physique, i dont think mass gain was a top priority. However i definitely dont think he got any smaller, in my opinion he is similar in size but just fucked up the conditioning which caused him to appear smaller.

I was concerned about his conditioning after seeing vids from 4 weeks out and closer, but i really think he botched the last couple of weeks more than anything. Who knows what happened exactly.

Great new video from AV. Talks about his fucking up at the NYP briefly, hopefully he knows what adjustments need to be made for the Toronto show.

He’s filming the entire week of the Toronto show to “make up” for his poor showing at the NYP, so these next few videos should be great.

McGrath is such a beast

[quote]Mr. Walkway wrote:
McGrath is such a beast[/quote]

I wish i had crazy Jaw muscles and squinty Clint Eastwood eyes like that.