Hypothetical: Magic Pill

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
It’s called LIFE for a reason.[/quote]
this

One of those “Save your dog or a stranger can’t save both” type deals…

Can you take it when you turn 90?

Maybe I am just looking at the hypothetical through rose-tinted lenses, but it just seemed to me that I would find more enjoyment and more pride in those glory days than I would in 40-50 years being a regular guy.

Also, TheBodyGuard you probably have a point with the whole underestimating the cost of something in the future. I’m admittedly kind of short-sighted.

[quote]al1492 wrote:
Maybe I am just looking at the hypothetical through rose-tinted lenses, but it just seemed to me that I would find more enjoyment and more pride in those glory days than I would in 40-50 years being a regular guy.

Also, TheBodyGuard you probably have a point with the whole underestimating the cost of something in the future. I’m admittedly kind of short-sighted.[/quote]

How would you feel any pride if you never put in the work to earn it?

Maybe I’m having a quarter life crisis :frowning:

[quote]al1492 wrote:

Also, TheBodyGuard you probably have a point with the whole underestimating the cost of something in the future. I’m admittedly kind of short-sighted.[/quote]

To put the idiotic question in PROPER perspective, ask any of the major sports stars nearing retirement if they are prepared to die in 5 years as a price of their stardom. They can die in 5 years with the life they lived or, they can start over and not be sports stars and live their natural lives. Betcha they all start over as “regular joes”.

I wouldn’t do it even if it’s 50 years, for two reasons:

1. 90% of the pride and sense of accomplishment with becoming #1, a world champion, is the fact that you know how hard you worked to get there.

2. you would know when you’re gonna die. that sucks.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
5 yrs? hell no.

for anyone that watches Supernatural, Crossroads Demon at least gives you 10 yrs ;)[/quote]

And the demon is usually a sexy bitch you have to pash to seal the dealio.

In order for this to even sound close to a good idea you’d have to be 15 years old. “Dude, 5 years is like a totally long time! This is an awesome idea! Let’s burn out and not fade away!

“thats a problem for future homer”

You’d get bored real quick if your guaranteed to win. Ever played a video game on easy setting. Not much fun.