Hypopituitarism

Hi im 19 years old… year i know didnt know where else to post. I have Congenital hypopituitarism (present at birth) where my pituitary gland is underdeveloped.

I have hashimotos thyroiditis (hypothyroidism) where antibodies my immune system attacks my thyroid. Very High thyroid peroxidase’s antibodies and TSH.

Adrenal Insufficency (low cortisol).

Low Testosterone with Low LH and FSH, and very low IGF-1 levels.

Also low GH levels though i am quite tall at 6"2-6"3 which is very odd been bodybuilding 2 years with not so good results which have prompted me to investigate my hormones and then i found all this out.

Also very high E2 levels and slight gyno.

About to start treatment which includes Test Replacement, Arimidex (for E2 control), Armour Thyroid for hypothyroidism, Hydrocortisone for Adrenal Insufficency. And possibly GH replacement.

I am just wondering when i start all this can i start achieving my bodybuilding goals? because i have quite serious goals for muscular size and low bodyfat percentage and competing in 3-5 years down the track. Basically i just need some support that i can achieve my goals and start living my life because this has not only impacted my training but my entire life

Mate, I have no idea about your 'isms or ‘itis’ or any of the other acronyms listed.

However, at 19 I reckon you use this period of time to build a good solid knowledge base. You have some very specific goals and learning all you can early will pay off big time down the back end of your training.

When all your bits ‘n’ pieces are back on track, you’ll be able to go hell for leather towards your targets.

You need support that you can achieve your goals? You’ll get plenty around here I reckon.

Good luck with your various treatments and general health!

Thank You Duke.

Means a lot :wink:

Yeah i am already kind of Mr. Knowledge, knowledge is definitely power.

[quote]MetalMX wrote:
Thank You Duke.

Means a lot :wink:

Yeah i am already kind of Mr. Knowledge, knowledge is definitely power.[/quote]

You are a star!

You are correct, too; it is difficult to achieve a height of 6’2" with pan-hypopituitarism. It must be selective, and not effect somatotropes. (e.g.: FSH and LH high or low?)

So, does your doctor think you have autoimmune polyglandular syndrome, or lymphocytic hypophysitis?

[i]
Prevalence and functional significance of antipituitary antibodies in patients with autoimmune and non-autoimmune thyroid diseases.

Manetti L, Lupi I, Morselli LL, Albertini S, Cosottini M, Grasso L, Genovesi M, Pinna G, Mariotti S, Bogazzi F, Bartalena L, Martino E.

Dipartimento di Endocrinologia, Università di Pisa, Ospedale Cisanello, via Paradisa, 2, Pisa, Italy. lmanetti@endoc.med.unipi.it

BACKGROUND: Circulating antipituitary antibodies (APA) are markers of autoimmune hypophysitis, which may cause deficient pituitary function. The prevalence of APA in autoimmune thyroid disorders (AITD) is uncertain. OBJECTIVES: The aims of this study were 1) to evaluate APA prevalence in a large series of patients with AITD and non-AITD and 2) to investigate the functional significance of APA by assessing pituitary function in APA-positive patients. DESIGN AND SETTING: We conducted a health survey on consecutive AITD and non-AITD patients at a tertiary referral center (Department of Endocrinology, Pisa). PATIENTS: Subjects, including 1290 consecutive patients with thyroid disorders (961 AITD and 329 non-AITD) and 135 controls, were enrolled in the study. METHODS: APA (indirect immunofluorescence), free T(4), free T(3), TSH, and organ-specific autoantibodies were assayed in all patients. Functional pituitary evaluation was performed in most APA-positive patients. RESULTS: APA frequency was higher in AITD (11.4%) than in non-AITD (0.9%; P < 0.0001) patients; all control subjects had negative APA tests. APA were more frequently found in Hashimoto’s thyroiditis (13%) than in Graves’ disease (7.1%; P = 0.05). Of 110 APA-positive AITD patients, 20 (18.2%) had autoimmune polyglandular syndrome, whereas 90 (81.8%) had apparently isolated AITD. APA positivity increased percentage of autoimmune polyglandular syndrome in our series from 10.4 to 13.5%. Of 110 APA-positive patients, 102 were submitted to dynamic testing for functional pituitary assessment; 36 patients (35.2%) had mild or severe GH deficiency (GHD). No additional anterior pituitary hormone deficiencies were found; one patient had central diabetes insipidus. Pituitary abnormalities at magnetic resonance imaging were found in most APA-positive GHD patients. CONCLUSIONS: APA are frequently present in patients with AITD. Patients should be tested for APA because positive tests are associated with GHD. [/i]

Guard your eyesight (peripheral vision). Best luck.