Hypogonadal Symptoms

Issue: elevated mercury/candida gut flora issues causing high E2 levels and possible decreased LH. Head injury from sports is also in my past but may not be applicable.

Symptoms: anxiety, brain fog, feminine fat distribution, weak virility and fatigue.

Question: monotherapy with tamoxifen or anstrozole an option to bring up virility?
I’m currently healing my illness but need a crutch in the mean time to hold me up. Also thinking HCG/SERM OR AI therapy.
Thanks

Missing estradiol, t3,t4

Total estrogen(useless) 127.5
TT 546 ng/DL

FT 61.7 pg/ML

DHEAS 384 mcg/DL

LH 4.3 U/ML
FSH. 3.1 U/ML
prolactin 6.4 ng/ML

TSH .57 ml/U/l

Missing SHBG. Crucial to telling us where your free test is.

You also need to post ranges. But your LH and FSH aren’t zero, and your TT is “alright” (little higher would be nice but your natural).

Definitely need SHBG, to see if that is where your symptoms are coming from.

I have an appointment next month so I’ll ask for a test but I already know my SHBG is elevated because I have gyno and feminine fat distribution and that indicates elevated E2. I was wondering if a SERM or AI would help in my case to free up free testosterone bound to SHBG and also to reduce estradiol feedback at the HTPA.

A serm doesn’t free up testosterone from SHBG.

Have you read the stickies?

You need to have a solid lab picture before you start any attempt to fix yourself. You don’t even know what is wrong! Post lab ranges as well.

Feminine fat distribution can be a genetic thing also.

Yes, we need lab ranges which vary. But ranges for FT can vary hugely.

TSH is oddly low.

Do you feel cold easly? - history
What is your history of not using iodized salt?
Are your outer eyebrows sparse?

Really do need E2 tested ASAP.

E2 should be in lower 20’s, if high this can reduce LH/FSH and thus T. SHBG is made in the liver and higher estrogens typically increases SHBG while lower available T also increases, more T decreases.

Please take thyroid concerns seriously as most of the symptoms of low thyroid function are the same as low T. Check oral body temps to eval, see below.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.

I can be a bit abrupt in my replies and recommendations. I have a lot of ground to cover as this forum has become much more active in the last two years. I can’t follow threads that go deep over time. You need to respond to all of my points and requests as soon as possible before you fall off of my radar. The worse problems are guys who ignore issues re thyroid, body temperatures, history of iodized salt. Please do not piss people off saying that lab results are normal, we need lab number and ranges.

The value that you get out of this process and forum depends on your effort and performance. The bulk of your learning is reading/studying the suggested stickies.

I’ll read the stickies for more info. I have ready metal toxicity confirmed through hair test so my thyroid isn’t working right. I get cold often despite me taking kelp and iodinized salt. I also take selenium for the thyroid.

I’ll get some more labs to see what my SHBG is and maybe my urologist can prescribe me some thyroid or estradiol support.