T Nation

Hypocrisy/Retardation? What is This?

Watch politicians try to make sense of the world they helped create:

http://de.youtube.com/janhelfeld

Nanci Pelosi tells us why mandatory minimum wages do not apply to her interns and ends the interview government style, Harry Reid explains why taxes are voluntary and different than in those European countries where they are not.

I really hope americans start a revolution soon and kill off these fucking retarded politicians.

[quote]orion wrote:
Watch politicians try to make sense of the world they helped create:

http://de.youtube.com/janhelfeld

Nanci Pelosi tells us why mandatory minimum wages do not apply to her interns and ends the interview government style, Harry Reid explains why taxes are voluntary and different than in those European countries where they are not.

[/quote]

I like how she often tries to deflect his questions.

“Would it be alright for someone to volunteer to work at McDonalds for 4.50$'s…”

Lmao

[quote]orion wrote:
Watch politicians try to make sense of the world they helped create:

http://de.youtube.com/janhelfeld

Nanci Pelosi tells us why mandatory minimum wages do not apply to her interns and ends the interview government style, Harry Reid explains why taxes are voluntary and different than in those European countries where they are not.

[/quote]
Pelosi calling for the guard says it all.

Squirm…

[quote]pat wrote:
Squirm…[/quote]

The problem is, watching this makes me feel uncomfortable, and this is their stupidity!

How can they not kill themselves, let alone try to rule other people?

[quote]orion wrote:
How can they not kill themselves, let alone try to rule other people?
[/quote]

They were born as the planets aligned just so, creating a powerful moral vacuum.

He reminds me of Borat. I found the one on national debt hilarious.

The one with Pelosi was just painful to watch.

even more unreal then the national debt video.
The retarded, lobotomized evil clowns are running the circus.

“Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit.”

Unfortunately, these dangerous bozos all believe their own bullshit.

As much as I dislike Pelosi, I don’t really see the issue with his question to her. There are unpaid internships happening all year long across the country. Those aren’t necessarily bad when used for college and education purposes. Also, if someone wants to volunteer and McDonald’s for 4 bucks an hour, so be it.

That being said, Pelosi put herself in a corner and tried to squirm her way out of it with her retarded answers.

Harry Reid’s interview, though, was just painful to watch. How can you possibly try to say taxes are voluntary?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]malonetd wrote:
As much as I dislike Pelosi, I don’t really see the issue with his question to her. There are unpaid internships happening all year long across the country. Those aren’t necessarily bad when used for college and education purposes. Also, if someone wants to volunteer and McDonald’s for 4 bucks an hour, so be it.

That being said, Pelosi put herself in a corner and tried to squirm her way out of it with her retarded answers.

Harry Reid’s interview, though, was just painful to watch. How can you possibly try to say taxes are voluntary?[/quote]

Wait…so we HAVE to pay taxes.

What if I use Reid as a reference?

[quote]Chushin wrote:
orion wrote:
Watch politicians try to make sense of the world they helped create:

http://de.youtube.com/janhelfeld

Nanci Pelosi tells us why mandatory minimum wages do not apply to her interns and ends the interview government style, Harry Reid explains why taxes are voluntary and different than in those European countries where they are not.

How are the politicians in Austria? Got any good videos?[/quote]

In English? How?

Everybody has their price.

We have this local sandwich/coffee shop where the owners are tried and true Liberal Democrats. Maine has been under Democrat ‘leadership’ in all 3 branches of govt for 30 years. We’re consistently in the top 5 for highest tax burden, worst state economy (2nd only to Louisiana only because they had Katrina), and worst place to do business.

Anyway, the State has introduced a bill to raise minimum wage to $9.50. Even these folks are cringing. Why? Because now THEIR bottom line is being affected.

The part where she starts saying “you really made a mistake” is kind of creepy.

[quote]malonetd wrote:
As much as I dislike Pelosi, I don’t really see the issue with his question to her. There are unpaid internships happening all year long across the country. Those aren’t necessarily bad when used for college and education purposes. Also, if someone wants to volunteer and McDonald’s for 4 bucks an hour, so be it.
[/quote]

The issue is that she has a huge problem with the concept of people being allowed to choose to work for Mcdonald’s for 4 bucks per hour. If she supports minimum wage laws, she should be willing to pay her interns at least minimum wage.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
Everybody has their price.

We have this local sandwich/coffee shop where the owners are tried and true Liberal Democrats. Maine has been under Democrat ‘leadership’ in all 3 branches of govt for 30 years. We’re consistently in the top 5 for highest tax burden, worst state economy (2nd only to Louisiana only because they had Katrina), and worst place to do business.

Anyway, the State has introduced a bill to raise minimum wage to $9.50. Even these folks are cringing. Why? Because now THEIR bottom line is being affected.
[/quote]

Serves them right, I hope it passes.

[quote]malonetd wrote:
Also, if someone wants to volunteer and McDonald’s for 4 bucks an hour, so be it.[/quote]

But they couldn’t do that. It’s illegal. That’s the whole point.

[quote]Nominal Prospect wrote:
malonetd wrote:
Also, if someone wants to volunteer and McDonald’s for 4 bucks an hour, so be it.

But they couldn’t do that. It’s illegal. That’s the whole point.[/quote]

Ok, someone please explain the legality of this to me. Why are any unpaid internships legal? Are they only legal for college credits or education purposes? Can’t I have an internship at McDonald’s for education purposes?