T Nation

Hypertrophy Training Split

Hey man,

First post here. I have never posted in a forum but am currently looking to start a new program to put on some size and I am very intrigued by your free program you just posted. I was hoping you could explain how the training split would work including the specialization days and where you would implement rest days? I train hard typically 6 days a week and have an active rest day. Week areas are arms and chest. Thanks for any advice on the matter!

Jake

[quote]Dr.JakeSavageDC wrote:
Hey man,

First post here. I have never posted in a forum but am currently looking to start a new program to put on some size and I am very intrigued by your free program you just posted. I was hoping you could explain how the training split would work including the specialization days and where you would implement rest days? I train hard typically 6 days a week and have an active rest day. Week areas are arms and chest. Thanks for any advice on the matter!

Jake[/quote]

What program is that?

Phase one Hypertrophy division of the Indigo Project Training Programs.

Here’s the link to what I’m looking at.

[quote]Dr.JakeSavageDC wrote:
Phase one Hypertrophy division of the Indigo Project Training Programs.

Here’s the link to what I’m looking at.

[/quote]

Right, sorry for the confusion. This wasn’t just posted, we did reintroduce it recently… but hey, if you haven’t seen it, it’s new to you!

First the specialization workouts should not be done at first. Only CONSIDER their use after you’ve done at least 4 weeks on the regular program. And ONLY use it as a last resort for a body part that has absolutely zero progress and hasn’t progressed in a while. Adding the spec workout CAN hurt overall gains, especially if you are consuming a caloric deficit.

If you decide to add a spec workout, you add it on a 6th training day.

I give you some leeway with the 5 days split. I personally like a 3 days on, 1 day off, 2 days on, 1 day off schedule.