T Nation

Hypertrophy (Methods)

I want to gain some muscle to get into a heavier class, and I want to get as much myofibrillar hypertrophy as possible because it is the actual contractile part of the muscle cell. Now to the question: If I'm correct sarcoplasmic is the part of the muscle cell that brings the energy(creatine and atp) that the myofibrillar needs to actually contract. So If I'm trying to gain weight for a heavier class do I need to also train for sarcoplasmic hypertrophy so I can get enough energy to the myofibrillar to contract or will my body adapt and the sarcoplasmic will hypertrophy on its own as the myofibrillar needs it even if i was just training for myofibrillar hypertrophy?

IS DIFFERENT MATTER TRAINING SARPLASMIC HYPERTROPHY AND SARCOMER HIPERTROPHY ? THERE ARE DIFFERENT METHOD?
Knowing site on this topic?
THANX

I think that this is a great question.
What sport are you training for?

I wont know the exact answer to this, but you are correct that the sacroplasm, another term of the cytoplasm of a muscle fiber, contains glycogen storage enzymes and other energy users such as the mitochondria.

My opinion on it is that when myofribillar contractions occur, the sacroplasmic portion inside the muscle fibers will also receive sufficient stimlulation and possibly improve efficiency.

I'll look for some studies on this.

I'll take a shot, but I'm no expert.

You should tell us what sport you are training for. I suspect if you're a wrestler you'll need the sarcoplasmic growth because you need the endurance, rather than just relying on short-term production of ATP.