Hypertrophy Mesocycle for Natural Bodybuilder

I’ve seen a lot of training “blocks”/mesocycle (by Poliquin,Thibaueau,Bompa,…) and was curious why you suggest a training block/meso with the sets and reps different every week as to doing a certain rep range for 4 weeks then another for 4 weeks(only a example)?

Knowing POINT of CRITICAL DROP-OFF by >Poliquin,what’s?
Is differents (this point)for Hypertrophy and for Absolute/Limit Strength?

Bump!!!

I think that you may be asking an interesting question, just clarify it a little more and others and myself will try to answer.

[quote]bamit wrote:

I think that you may be asking an interesting question, just clarify it a little more and others and myself will try to answer. [/quote]

Can someone help point me in the direction of Guidelines for increasing the Volume and Intensity of 3 or 4 cycles in pure-hypertrophy mesocycle?Is good to use the princicple of Francis/Poliquin for the Volume in Microcycle of max-Volume(POINT of CRITICAL DROP-OFF)?

Oh, man. You just asked a mouthful. And I am not sure if I can completely answer it. The Principle of Critical Drop off is something like, “Whenever you do a set in which your training load or reps drop more than 20% beneath your max, you should terminate working that bodypart.” Right? I am sort of going from memory. That’d be a great guideline for a strength cycle. And also for long term bodybuilding.

But for a short term bodybuilding cycle (say, if you wanted to add muscle over four weeks), you would have to find some way to jack up your intensity every workout, regardless of strength gains. So I think that continuously adding reps, shortening rest times and adding pounds is mandatory.

For instance, I have seen people add muscle doing GVT who actually lost strength. And they would have been doing work in excess of the Principle of Critical Drop Off. (ie. If they tried a 10x10 ad their reps were 10, 10, 10, 9, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 6, then they were a full 50% behind their max reps on the 9th set, right?) But they still added muscle!

I am not sure if I am answering your question, but it is an interesting thought.

[quote]bamit wrote:

I think that you may be asking an interesting question, just clarify it a little more and others and myself will try to answer. [/quote]

Of course, one thing is strenght training, other one is hypertrofy training
Ad again, one thing is a strenght training for a PLer, other one is for a sprinter

with
i.e. there isn’t a single point of critical drop off but different, for different purposes

Is correct?