Hypertrophy After Stronglifts 5x5

hi everyone i really would appreciate some advice, i been doing stronglifts 5x5 and im on the 11th week and had great results strengh wise but not so much hypertrophy, i was thinking of switching my workout routine into upper/lower body routine where mon is upper body, tuesday upper body, wed rest and thurs day fri upper/lower body.

i want to do 4 sets
6-12 reps
per excercise and i wanna do a weight where i can only do 6 reps and work my way up to twelvie reps then aadd5-10 pounds after i made it to twelve reps this goes for all exercises.

am i doing this correctly? and also how many excercises per body part if i use a plan like this

mon: Quads, hams, calves, abs
tues: Chest, back, triceps, shoulders, biceps
wedsnes: Rest
thurs: Quads, hams, calves, abs
fri: Chest, back, triceps, shoulders, biceps
sat: Rest
sun: rest

and should it be all hyper trophy based or i do mon tues day strengh days and thurs fri hypertrophy ddays?

Question: if you haven’t been putting on muscle in the past 3 months, why is your first thought to look at your training and not your diet?

Second, it’s not the program. Choose one of Kingsbeef routine(search for it) if hypertrophy is what you are after. Or a multitude of goal specific programs. If you have to ask about what you designed, you are not ready to make your own program.

Also, SL 5X5 is 12 weeks. Once the 12 weeks is done, re-evaluate.

actuallt i have put on muscle what i meant is i want to sculpt now and i made routines before but never really asked anybody but based on what i put above what do you think? i only want to use free weights

Why would you group 5 muscle groups together in one workout? Your probably gonna give it your all on chest and back and half ass your way through bis tris and shoulders and then do it for a second time each week. Split everything up more.

ok so how about one body part a day? like mon chest,tues back weds legs, etc…etc…?

?

[quote]zonaguy10 wrote:
Why would you group 5 muscle groups together in one workout? Your probably gonna give it your all on chest and back and half ass your way through bis tris and shoulders and then do it for a second time each week. Split everything up more.[/quote]

not really.

[quote]sunsetreaper wrote:
ok so how about one body part a day? like mon chest,tues back weds legs, etc…etc…?[/quote]

That would be better. This way you can give each body part maximum intensity.

[quote]Aopocetx wrote:

[quote]sunsetreaper wrote:
ok so how about one body part a day? like mon chest,tues back weds legs, etc…etc…?[/quote]

That would be better. This way you can give each body part maximum intensity.[/quote]

no… for a newbie such as himself a 5 day split is not really necessary. not that i agree with stronglifts for someone looking to be a bodybuilder, but alot better progress could be made on a routine with more frequency.

you could give push pull legs a run for 8-12 weeks. or maybe an upper/lower

The long and short of everyone’s advice is to just choose an actual program instead of making one up yourself.

King of Beef’s Program
Starting Strength
5/3/1
Big Beyond Belief
Push/Pull/Legs
etc.

Just pick one and commit to it. Given your OP, King of Beef’s routine or something like a Push/Pull/Legs or Big Beyond Belief are probably more what you’re looking for.

or i can also do two bodyparts a day i only work out at home and i have apower rack with abar and also dumbells

on big beyond belief how many work outs per body part do i do?