Hyperthyroid and Strength

The doctor just told me that I have a hyper thyroid. He is usless in the facts of lifting and strength. This is the best site that I know. The members are the most knowlegable people I feel on the web.

Is there a particular why that I shoud eat to regain the muscle that I have lost these last few months? Or should I change my workout?

I have lost forty + ponds in the last two months and my lifts have gone down tremendously.

Please Help

Did he put you on any meds yet? If so which ones?

[quote]Dan-Trev wrote:
The doctor just told me that I have a hyper thyroid. He is usless in the facts of lifting and strength. This is the best site that I know. The members are the most knowlegable people I feel on the web.

Is there a particular why that I shoud eat to regain the muscle that I have lost these last few months? Or should I change my workout?

I have lost forty + ponds in the last two months and my lifts have gone down tremendously.

Please Help [/quote]

Assuming he has put you on some meds battling the hyperthyroid, as for eating, just eat, eat, eat. Pleanty of carbs and good fats along with the protein 5-7 times daily.

The doctor put me on tapazole.
How does this effect my protein uptake?

i really feel for you dude - same SH*T got me last September - i lost 45lbs in 6 weeks. All extension movements were terrible, basically 60 - 70% weaker in a matter of weeks. I put it all down to stress (we had our first child in September 04) and did’nt go to a doctor until late December. Resting heart rate of 107bpm up from 57bpm lol, constant sweating and barely able to walk up and down stairs.

Started meds and stabilised in March/April time - strength levels are recently now above my previous best - gotta love deadlifts lol. Keep an eye on and concentrate on getting better - rest up a while and get slowly back into the game.
Hope it all works out for you soon

Thanks Ryu for your story. At least now I know that it is possible to get back to my old glory (LOL). I was pretty scared for a while.