T Nation

Hyperthetical.

OK so imagine you are broke, no opportunities because of the place you live or your economic situation we won’t choose a specific reason or situation, but you have 3 choices. The game is not a real thing and you can only answer with one of the choices and give your reason why, otherwise it is no fun.

You have a cousin who is a career criminal, makes in a month what you do in a year working your ass off at your minimum wage job. He offers you a chance to work with him, you know you have the smarts and balls to kill your cousin, take his spot and make a small business for yourself.

You are against the war and military yet you use realist morality to justify it to alleviate your financial woes. Joining goes against your nature and you do not much like the thought of killing people in what you consider an illegal war. Yet you don’t like being broke so you join and once you leave get money to go on to further education.

You stay broke and keep within the law and don’t forget your morals and do not join up. You live out the rest of your life on the bread line and never have any eventful moments of purpiose or clarity.

[quote]orion wrote:
[/quote]

If you’re big enough into the other side of the law then the law isn’t going to fuck with you…

Depends on what this cousin is into though…is he pimping? Trafficking drugs or. People?

ohhh FUN!

I’d choose 2 but i dont have the moral problems. Still theres a very low chance to die or be imprisoned and afterwards you have a lot of doors open for education and jobs. I would choose a trade like mechanic or something if possible. Medic/doctor. Hell even cook. virtually zero chance of having to do the morally conflicting killing and after I/you leave you should be able to get a job in a decent restaurant.

[quote]andrew_live wrote:
ohhh FUN!

I’d choose 2 but i dont have the moral problems. Still theres a very low chance to die or be imprisoned and afterwards you have a lot of doors open for education and jobs. I would choose a trade like mechanic or something if possible. Medic/doctor. Hell even cook. virtually zero chance of having to do the morally conflicting killing and after I/you leave you should be able to get a job in a decent restaurant. [/quote]

you slightly changed the scenario, you do have a problem with it if you are in this thread as you are the character of the thread.

Verbal warning for wandering.

If you support the wars imagine you are in a society where you country is in an obviously illegal war in your eyes, and you will be in combat.

a while back some T-Nationers suggested I try the french foreign legion. Still sounds pretty sweet. No illegal wars there.

[quote]Chopatoua wrote:

ohhh FUN!

I’d choose 2 but i dont have the moral problems. Still theres a very low chance to die or be imprisoned and afterwards you have a lot of doors open for education and jobs. I would choose a trade like mechanic or something if possible. Medic/doctor. Hell even cook. virtually zero chance of having to do the morally conflicting killing and after I/you leave you should be able to get a job in a decent restaurant. [/quote]

you slightly changed the scenario, you do have a problem with it if you are in this thread as you are the character of the thread.

If you support the wars imagine you are in a society where you country is in an obviously illegal war in your eyes, and you will be in combat.[/quote]

well I didnt really change it. I based my answer off the proposed scenario. Just commenting that I dont have a problem with illegal wars as long as im on the side that winning. I know I know lets not go there. So I guess I could have left that out. Answer is still the same though.

2 then 1

[quote]Chopatoua wrote:

ohhh FUN!

If you support the wars imagine you are in a society where you country is in an obviously illegal war in your eyes, and you will be in combat.[/quote]

well I didnt really change it. I based my answer off the proposed scenario. Just commenting that I dont have a problem with illegal wars as long as im on the side that winning. I know I know lets not go there. So I guess I could have left that out. Answer is still the same though.[/quote]

Haha, well imagine you did, imagine your a big softie under your rugged manly exterior and feel bad about lets say an imaginary war where your countries military goes to another with the express wish to use the conquered babies cut out eyeballs as an aphrodisiac to cure a widespread disease known as limp dick that affects all the men in your nation, analysis confirms splenda which had no long term studies caused the outbreak.