Hyperaminoacidemia Pulse

Hey everyone, just saw this in the Thib’s Q&A section and thought I would share this nugget of info. Seems pretty interesting and I would assume somewhat along the lines of what Thib’s “experiment” was about. The poster was DH, and for you who don’t know who he is, he is one big mofo with an even bigger brain. Anywho, enjoy. If this doesn’t make sense, head over to the author’s section and browse to the end of the Q&A to see the rest of where this is coming from. This is exciting for me at least lol I’m just a nerd.

"I’ve been using a techinque of eating every 4 hours cycle with BCAA in between. I was tyring to set up an improved cyclic approach to the following study by Paddon-Jones et al.

They investigated if combining 30 g of carbohydrate and 15 g of essential amino acids (CAA) altered the metabolic response to a nutritionally mixed meal in healthy, recreationally active male volunteers. Results found that the supplement group experienced 25% greater nitrogen balance than the control group. Further the supplement did not blunt the anabolic response which occurred in a normal meal. These findings suggest that a fast digesting amino acid supplement between meals enhances anabolism throughout the day. These findings also support other studies which indicate that acute increases in protein synthesis are additive in nature to the normal protein synthesis which occurs in a given day

Paddon-Jones D, Sheffield-Moore M, Aarsland A, Wolfe RR, Ferrando AA. Exogenous amino acids stimulate human muscle anabolism without interfering with the response to mixed meal ingestion. Am J Physiol Endocrinology Metab. 2005, 288(4):E761-7.

I use BCAA vs full EAA’s because there should be plenty of substrate left in my system from the meals so as to prevent any rate limiting problems and provide what may be “needed” by the BCAA’s (particularly leucine) to promote PS.

I’m 261 lbs and during the weekdays on the AD, Im doing the following with good results:

7am Solid meal 55g Pro, 50g fat
9am 8-10g BCAA (4-5g Leu)
11am Solid meal 55g pro, 40g fat
1pm 8-10g BCAA
etc…

This is an example of an off day. It provides 275 protein, and as I slowly drop my fat grams toward bedtime, about 200g fat. I’ll hit about 40-50g BCAA’s total.

Contrary to what many gurus would suggest, this facilitates gains even at what many would consider an insufficient energy intake for someone my size. Capitalizing on multiple pulses of hyperaminoacidemia coupled with the protein sparing effects of the full meals is a potent way to eat. I’d also suggest making your last protein meal of the day one that contains at least 20g of casein ( I use 35-40) for the anti-proteolytic benefits.

Best,
DH"

Thanks ahu.

Stay tuned for more discussion. Glad you liked.

Best,
DH

[quote]BulletproofTiger wrote:
Thanks ahu.[/quote]