8 count Eccentric barbell curls
5x5x15kg each arm

Zottman curls
12x10kg
3x12x8kg

Plank 2x1 min front then 1 min each side

Weight 88,40kg

1 Like

I felt like crap after training on tuesday. Cough and fever. I was up sick all night on wedsneday night, the fever is coming down today finally.

I’m pissed off, seems like I can’t have 6 weeks + of solid training since November.

1 Like

Shitty spells happen.

Still, might be worth looking at the big picture since September or so. Is anything different? Work, home, food, sleep? It might be plain old bad luck, or it might be something you could fix.

1 Like

Thanks Mark

I’m leaning towards bad luck, I’ve looked at everything.

Sleep is good, I have 3 meals + 2 shakes a day.

Work is work but once I’m out the office I’m good at disconnecting.

I’ll be back up and running on Monday, I’ve lost about 2kg so I’ll try to put that back on this week end.

Do you deload?
If not then try it every 4 or 5 weeks, might just be your body telling you to take it easy from time to time

1 Like

Hey Mort, yes 3 weeks on, 1 off… hence the bad luck aha

1 Like

Squat
2x5x100

46 BW squats
2x32 lunges

I felt terrible without surprise so I’m deloading for another week

Weight 86,40kg I resumed normal eating today

1 Like

Bench
100 pull aparts
2x5x60

Push ups 3x15
Db flies 2x15x6kg
Db triceps exts 2x12x8kg
Pull ups 3x5

Weight 87,00kg

I feel so weak it’s kinda scary.

2 Likes

You’re sick and fatigued. How else could you feel? Don’t worry.

1 Like

Mark said it, don’t worry, when you’re ready you’ll bounce right back into things.

Thanks guys.

That’s true, usually I can bounce back after 2-3 days, but that was the worse I’ve been in years. Let’s be patient.

DL

2x5x110kg

50 total pull ups
50 hanging knee raises

Weight 86.40kg, even though I have resumed normal eating my weight is not back up. Hopefully I lost fat!!

3 Likes

you probably have lost fat, that’s good.

1 Like

Deadlift

I was glad to get back to normal training today. But since Friday I had a tight lower back, I think due to my 5x5 deadlift session before I got ill and the Deload workout made it tight again.So today I decided to see how I would feel as I went up.

Warmed up and called it a day at 5x120kg, there’s no pain just tightness. I remember now that straight sets in the deadlift is not a good idea…

Farmers walk 4 runs with 38kg DBs

Db shrugs 3x20x18kg

Chins 5x5x2,5kg

Db rows 2x10x20kg

Rope lat pull downs 5x15x9kg

Weight 86,40kg

Alright let’s be realistic here. I’ve got nothing to build a strength cycle on cause the last month has been a mess, and before that was not great quality due to illness and losing weight over Christmas.

Hence let’s go back to what works and eliminate guess work: 5s pro and FSL. I’ll pull back the TMs wayyy back to allow for crappy days as it seems to be the norm. That should allow me to build back up slowly. In 531 forever there’s a program like that with supersetted assistance called prep and fat loss training. Looks perfect.

I think that’s better than trying to push things. 20 rep squats and farmers walk don’t seem a great idea with a tight low back and no volume phase prior to that

I had this planned in case I would not recover well from being sick. That’s honestly the worst I’ve been and longest I’ve taken to recover. I’m still coughing. I tried to go running this week end but it felt terrible so I cut it short. Once I’ve done two leaders and one anchor I’ll try to push things a bit. There’s no rush so let’s be patient and not get injured.

4 Likes

C1W1D1 5s pro and 5x5FSL
Bench
150 pull aparts
3x3 explosive push ups

5x62,5
5x72,5
5x80

5x5x62,5kg

Assistance super setted with every set of bench
30 total pull ups (10 and 2x2x5)
Db rows 2x20x18kg
Rear elevated split squat 2x15 no weight, great to stretch my hips
BW squats 2x50

Weight 86,55kg

Done in 40 min max I think
First session where I feel productive in 3 weeks or something. Exactly what I needed. The assistance is flexible enough you can change it to fit your body/goals.

4 Likes

C1W1D2
Press

Low back still tight so press workout instead of squat

5x37,5
5x42,5
5x47,5

5x5FSL

Good bar speed throughout

Same assistance as bench day with 20kg DBs for the rows

Weight 86,75kg

4 Likes

C1W1D3
I was curious to see if my back could handle squatting. Nope. Took what was there today and will leave time to my back to heal up. No pain but could feel that it would not make it better to push.

3x3 box jumps
100 pull aparts
Squat
5x50, 65, 80, felt tight at 80 so I stopped

Switched over to rear elevated single leg squats

5x10x12kg DBs per hand

One assistance exercise in between each set

60 hanging knee raises
75 push ups
30 pull ups

I was supposed to do more but limited by time so cut it short. Still kicked my ass.

Weight 86,55kg

What are you doing to fix your back?

2 Likes

I’ve been massaging it and hanging from a bar or dip position that seems to help a lot when I’m decompressing my spine.

I put essential oils on it twice a day and do yoga to stretch it. Sitting in a deep squat is nice too.

I’ve had this before doing DB rows and high rep deadlift, I know I need some time off and it comes back. I’m more annoyed at myself for not remembering that and doing that 5x5 workout. Lesson learned for good. It seems to be one of my body rules just like I can’t do dips without having elbow tendinitis.

The pain is nothing compared to when I pulled a muscle in my upper and I couldn’t move at all basically. I can move normally which is good

3 Likes

Deep squat is good. Take a look at McGill Big 3

1 Like