T Nation

HYOOGE or HIGH?

If you had to choose one (in America), what would you choose to have legalized: steroids or weed?

I would vote for weed. I’d personally rather have the roids, but the greater majority would use weed, and therefore generate greater tax income to hopefully dig out of the hole we’re in.

K

Legalizing gear would be a disaster.

The general public is too stupid to have access to something so complex.

I would like to see less strict regulations for possession though, saying a middle class family man with a couple vials of test is intending to distribute, while letting rapist meth heads and shit off the hook is ridiculous.

Marijuana. If steroids were legal, we’d have too many kids with fucked up endocrine systems.

Like you said, there’s also way more demand for pot, so it’d bring in more tax income.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
Marijuana. If steroids were legal, we’d have too many kids with fucked up endocrine systems.

Like you said, there’s also way more demand for pot, so it’d bring in more tax income.[/quote]

Agreed, pot.

I’d rather see gear legalized, but I would settle for less ridiculous charges and less regulation. People are too stupid to understand it, but gear would actually have some constructive benefits. Weed is just a waste of time and money. And motivation.

Yes but with the legalization of steroids then one would figure that doctors would prescibe and administer doses in a safe manner. Just because something is legal does not mean it wont be controlled, tested, and approved by some type of government agency (FDA). If it were legal i dont condone/expect anyone to be able to go over to the local cvs and buy some AAS.

[quote]phishfood1128 wrote:
Yes but with the legalization of steroids then one would figure that doctors would prescibe and administer doses in a safe manner. Just because something is legal does not mean it wont be controlled, tested, and approved by some type of government agency (FDA). If it were legal i dont condone/expect anyone to be able to go over to the local cvs and buy some AAS. [/quote]

Docs can already prescribe and administer it. It is perfectly legal medication approved by the FDA, and plenty of guys have scripts.

All the steroids we use, besides tren, are ACTUAL pharmaceutical compounds, designed, tested, and at some time produced by huge drug companies.

The actual drugs we use arent made by that company most of the time, but the compound was designed by them.

Its not like were cooking up meth or something, these are simply perscription drugs.

Yeah, I don’t think the argument for kids with messed up endocrine systems works. Presumably there’d be an age requirement.

[quote]chimera182 wrote:
Yeah, I don’t think the argument for kids with messed up endocrine systems works. Presumably there’d be an age requirement.[/quote]

There is an age requirement for alcohol and tobacco, but that doesn’t work too well.

Marijuana.

Like Westclock said, people are way too fucking stupid to use aas responsibly.

Even an idiot can smoke pot.

i agree that pot would bring in more money but i have no interest in pot so i would vote for gear. But i do think there would have to be an age limit and also agree phishfood that it wouldnt be something you could just go get at the corner store. more regulated thus not letting idiots use it and completely ruin themselves. I personally have no experience with AAS so this is merely an opinion with no backing to it what so ever.

[quote]ukrainian wrote:
chimera182 wrote:
Yeah, I don’t think the argument for kids with messed up endocrine systems works. Presumably there’d be an age requirement.

There is an age requirement for alcohol and tobacco, but that doesn’t work too well.[/quote]

Good point. But it’s not like we’d be selling AAS in stores. Plus, I figure if someone wants to mess up their body, it’s their prerogative.

For everyone saying there’d be an age requirement for steroids… If you think that it will keep it out of the hands of kids, you’re retarded.

They are both legal.

You just need to jump through the proper hoops to get them.

[quote]chimera182 wrote:
ukrainian wrote:
chimera182 wrote:

There is an age requirement for alcohol and tobacco, but that doesn’t work too well.

Good point. But it’s not like we’d be selling AAS in stores. Plus, I figure if someone wants to mess up their body, it’s their prerogative. [/quote]

I don’t care what other teens do with their bodies. If they want to drink, smoke, or take steroids before they know anything about them, let them, but it’s all the legislature that will have the problem with it.

I personally don’t need anymore stoned retards in my life

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
For everyone saying there’d be an age requirement for steroids… If you think that it will keep it out of the hands of kids, you’re retarded.[/quote]

Really? Retarded? That’s not at all an overstatement and misuse of the word.

[quote]ukrainian wrote:
chimera182 wrote:
ukrainian wrote:
chimera182 wrote:

Good point. But it’s not like we’d be selling AAS in stores. Plus, I figure if someone wants to mess up their body, it’s their prerogative.

I don’t care what other teens do with their bodies. If they want to drink, smoke, or take steroids before they know anything about them, let them, but it’s all the legislature that will have the problem with it.[/quote]

You’re right, it’s asking a bit much for politicians to be overly logical about the topic. But we were talking hypotheticals, so I was being hopeful.

[quote]chimera182 wrote:
rrjc5488 wrote:
For everyone saying there’d be an age requirement for steroids… If you think that it will keep it out of the hands of kids, you’re retarded.

Really? Retarded? That’s not at all an overstatement and misuse of the word.[/quote]

Definition of “retarded” according to m-w.com

If you honestly believe that putting a minimum age law on purchasing steroids will keep steroids out of the hands of people who are too young to be safely using them, then yes, I think you’re “slow or limited in intellectual development.”

But, hey, if you want to split hairs like that, then switch “retarded” out for “ignorant” or “naive.”

i dont believe that it would stop people who are too young from using them but it would set the principle. Uderage kids die from alcohol poisoning and smoke cigarettes which can kill them, so do you think alcohol and tobacco should be banned as well because “ignorant” people make bad decisions with those as well?