Hygiene for the Obese

http://lessismorph.blogspot.ca/2009/03/morbid-obesity-and-toilet-hygiene.html?m=1

Morbid Obesity and Toilet Hygiene
This post is not for the squeamish and/or faint-hearted. You have been warned.

I’m going to share one of the worst, if not the worst, thing about being this obese - dealing with toilet hygiene. Or rather, the common lack thereof. The mechanics are that I just can’t reach to wipe myself. Either fore or aft.

I have a sponge on a stick that I use for wiping aft. Or rather, that my husband uses to wipe me. He is very laid back about it all, but it hurts and embarrasses me to have to have him take care of something so intimate and frankly, disgusting. When he is not at home, I can contort myself just enough to use it. One hand on the tub rim, the other holding the stick. I dig under my huge apron, brace my arm on the toilet rim and squirm a bit. It’s not nearly as neat and hygienic as when hubby does it as I have to bring the dirty sponge forward past my fore and belly. There is no “front to back” wiping except when hubby does it.

When I am out of the house, I simply have to do without wiping. We call it having “poopy butt.” I can’t use the sponge myself since there isn’t a tub rim to brace myself on. And family unisex bathrooms are rare. Even if I could use the sponge alone while out, where would I rinse it? At home, I use the tub. I couldn’t bear to rinse my sponge at a common bathroom sink and I’m not about to put the sponge in a Ziploc to rinse hours later. Ugh.

I simply do without fore wipes. I don’t want to use the sponge that wipes my aft to wipe my fore. So, I wear absorbent cotton underwear when I’m out and sit on a sheet on the couch at home. Only after a shower do I ever feel clean and my underwear is too awful to discuss. I’ve have a few urinary tract infections in the last couple of years and I get painfully raw at times.

Why am I sharing something so intimate and private? Because sometimes I get the impression that people think that we morbidly obese people are unmotivated to lose weight. That we LIKE being this heavy and eating “all we want.” This is the ugly side of living with super morbid obesity. It’s not pretty and it’s not fun and it’s no way to live.

Anyone else hungry?

GODDAMN LMFAO

There was a huge fat guy who used to work in the office building I once had a space in. I could always tell that he had just used the toilet in the bathroom, because there was evidence on the back part of the toilet seat.

The skidmark looked like it was made by a hairy crack.

In other words, his ass was so huge, when he took a dump, some of his ass went over the back of the seat, and left a skidmark there.

One of the comments -

" hello I am over 600lbs and know all to well what your talking about. I only crap at home and have to take a shower to rinse off. I use a auto car wheel brush with liquid body soap and a hand shower sprayer with turbo spray and this combo works great for me. takes time but I can’t just let it ride."

Not sure if trolling …

I just read some of the online responses to this post. I didn’t know if I should laugh or cry:

"Anonymous June 9, 2009 8:58 PM

hello I am over 600lbs and know all to well what your talking about. I only crap at home and have to take a shower to rinse off. I use a auto car wheel brush with liquid body soap and a hand shower sprayer with turbo spray and this combo works great for me. takes time but I can’t just let it ride. ewwwwwwww

Anonymous June 13, 2009 9:19 PM
I have a friend in this situation and I have a very hard time talking to her about it. However the odor issue from her not whiping her “fore” appropriately has really caused her living conditions to be sad, and she also has a roommate living with her that is having to living in the odor as well. I’m wondering if there’s anything I can recommend to help with the odor issues while she works to getting herself into better shape where she can more easily handle the cleaning and hygiene issues herself. And info would be much appreciated.

Morph June 14, 2009 4:46 PM
I’d suggest the website amplestuff.com. They have a nice selection of hygiene products for us big people.

Anonymous June 17, 2009 6:56 AM
It’s kind of like being a T-Rex - it’s awful!

Morph June 22, 2009 7:44 AM
That made both my husband and I laugh SO hard. Now my new thing is to make a T-Rex noise when I need his help. LOL!

Anonymous August 21, 2009 3:16 PM
GO ONLINE AND SEARCH FOR AN ITEM CALLED BOTTOM BUDDY."

“It’s too bad that calories don’t matter and fat people create fat from nothing. I feel your pain.” I will continue on, huh I wonder if those cookies, cake, or whatever is available to cram down their throat tastes so good with their poor hygiene ;)…?

LOL

irondwarf I see some avatar inspiration

[quote]browndisaster wrote:
LOL

irondwarf I see some avatar inspiration[/quote]

LMFAO!!

pics or GTFO

[quote]therajraj wrote:
Anyone else hungry?[/quote]

You’re lucky I opened T-Nation AFTER eating eggs. I lost whatever appetite I had remaining :frowning:

[quote]therajraj wrote:
We call it having “poopy butt.”
[/quote]

I wonder if she has some horrible disease that makes her this fat, because this alone would be enough to make me drop some seriouse fucking weight. holy shit.

[quote]paulieserafini wrote:
I wonder if she has some horrible disease that makes her this fat, because this alone would be enough to make me drop some seriouse fucking weight. holy shit.[/quote]

far fewer than 1% of severely obese people actually have WilliePraeder, hell if you combined willie praeder incidences with the worst polygenic diabetes it would still be lower than 0.1 %.

This means out of every 1000 people you see one will have a more understandable excuse (but still not valid) and one will have a valid excuse

I can relate to these people every Monday, which is back day. For the rest of the day I can’t wipe without my lats severely cramping up. I’m going to check out that Bottom Buddy.

[quote]super saiyan wrote:
I can relate to these people every Monday, which is back day. For the rest of the day I can’t wipe without my lats severely cramping up. I’m going to check out that Bottom Buddy.[/quote]

At least you can still wipe the front

Ive never heard it called a fore

Im not aroused by that.

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
Ive never heard it called a fore

Im not aroused by that.[/quote]

I always wondered what that meant when people yell it on the golf course.

[quote]super saiyan wrote:
I always wondered what that meant when people yell it on the golf course.
[/quote]

LOL! Well played sir, well played.