Hydrolyzed vs. Free Form

Can anyone tell me the difference between hydrolyzed protein and free form amino acids?
I understand that hydrolysis is the process that digestion uses - adding a water molecule to the protein to ‘break’ the peptide bonds into smaller amino acids (hence, the term “pre-digested” protein). But if a protein is 100% hydrolyzed, then isn’t it entirely free form amino acids? And what is the difference between “free form” vs. “branch chain”?

Free form is simple individual aminos while hydrolyzed is not simple individual aminos but chains of simple aminos of the same type called “peptides”. An example would be glutamine peptides vs free form glutamine - glutamine peptides are chains of glutamine aminos that need to be further broke down in the liver. In hydrolyzed protein, the complex proteins (combinations of various aminos) have been broken down into chains or peptides of individual aminos so that each individual type of amino is joined in peptide chains, further broken down in the liver. Free form doesn’t require any further breakdown. (the peptide bonds have already been broken). Branched chain refers to the essential aminos luecine, isoluecine, and valine only. My understanding is the peptides are better aborbed by the body as the liver plays a part in metabolizing the peptides where they enter the body via the liver.