3x5 Medicine ball slams
3x6 ball throws lying on a bench
3x3 heavy medicine ball throws
3x Max effort weighted sled rope pulls

3x Flat db press suppersetted with seated low cable rows
3x Neutral grip incline db press supersetted with kettlebell rows

5x rows
3x MR pull ups

I caught myself slipping into bad habits and actually planned on fasting the whole day to make up for the large surplus which i’m most likely in because of skipped MMA sessions… But had a moment of clarity where I realised the goal is to get bigger and stronger and not eating… is the worst thing I can do so… yeah

Also thinking of adding an extra workout tomorrow just of stretching and arms/ lagging small parts I dont really train during the week

1 Like

Nice job of catching your old tendencies and fighting it for progress.

1 Like

So had a light little technical / recovery workout this AM to get the blood flowing and do sport specific things.

4x3 minute rounds on the bag ( 45 seconds rest between rounds)
6 minute burner round (6 times 30 seconds fast light punching, 30 second hard shots trying to kill the bag )
20 low kicks each leg, 20 body kicks each leg and 20 head kicks each leg ( great way to open up the hips)
6x curls
6x tricep extensions

Cant wait till tomorrow’s deadlift session!!

Doesn’t hurt that it’s bank Holiday tomorow so I may actually get to nap post workout and relax before MMA

2 Likes

Deadlifts 5 waves Intensification week

The prescribed warm up sets + 3x5 and 1x8 with 112.5kg/248lbs

Deficit Deadlifts

3x 82.5kg/ 182lb
3x 92.5kg/ 204lb
3x 105kg/ 310lb

Pause squats

3x4 ( 5 second pause) with 82.5kg/ 182lb

So the above took a tad longer then usual and I was worried I would have that issue Wednesday on Squat day so with not having work today and not having a time constraint I decided to do Sumo deadlifts

Sumo Deads: 92.5kg/ 204lb, 105kg/231lb, 117.5kg/259lb all for 3s

Superset: 3x Romanian deadlifts and kettlebell swings

Also did 10x Rows + 3x seated rows to get some added back volume

Overall good day, Deadlifts felt like SHIT warming up and during the first few sets but the MR set felt good from the first pull. Managed to get 2 reps less then I did on my 8s Realization session despite leaving reps in the tank. I honestly can say I feel stronger then a few weeks ago!

2 Likes

Ok so little update.

I woke up at 4am
Meal prepped for the day
Leave to go for the gym… and the road I need to walk through is completely blocked off by police because of a murder yesterday. The other way to get to the gym would take 20ish mins which would mean I only have 25 mins to train so I went back home.

Unsure if I will go MMA training today or take this as a rest day.

Also unsure about how to continue with the weak might just move everything by a day and get rid of the technical light workout on Sunday OR do both Bench and Incline on the same day with less accessory work. Any thoughts?

1 Like

I’d opt for skipping the lighter workout if your bench and Incline days are tougher. If you have to cut something during a week then go for the biggest bang for your training buck.

1 Like

Bench 5 Waves intensification week

​​​​​​​The prescribed warm up sets + 3x5 and 1x8 with 57.5kg/ 127lbs

3x5 Close Grip Bench Press

5x Weighted pull ups
4x6 Incline DB Press supersetted with facepulls
3x seated shoulder press
Arms ( Curls, extensions etc)

Surprisingly happy with the bench session I woke up feeling like crap (been having left sided chest pains and weakness in my left hand since last evening) but managed to get 8 on the MR set.

Also I have been looking at my weight gain over the last weeks and think I may have overdone it and should have cut back on Kcals due to all the MMA sessions missed. I’m considering doing a quick diet clean up and cut 3-5 weeks and restart the bulk properly and more controlled.

1 Like

Don’t. Just make the proper adjustments and keep going.

2 Likes

Yeah definitely going to make sure I wont miss out any more sessions which will either cut down the surplus or even actually result in me not being in a surplus. I’ve still yet actually to confirm how much of a surplus my current nutrition puts me on while fully training like I plan too

1 Like

Squat 5 waves Intensification week

The working warms up and 3x5 and 1x9 with 105kg/ 231lb
Pin squats 7 x 1 with 92.5kg/ 203lb
10 Rows

And that’s todays workout done… Thank god I did the deadlifts on Monday because I had time for nothing more than the above. The squats took long to warm up and get done. Just didn’t feel it today BUT i did manage 9 reps which is more than Bench and Deadlifts this week so maybe not that bad

1 Like

Incline Bench (instead of Military Press) 5 waves Intensification week

Warm up sets and 3x5 + 1x8 with 45 kg/94lb (supersetted with Kettlebell Rows)

Paused Bench: 50kg/110lbs, 55kg/ 121lb and 60kg/132lb all for 3 reps
5x Weighted pull ups
4x DB Bench Press super supersetted with low cable rows with the pulldown attachment
4x seated cable rows
Arms

Today was kind of a weird day. My neck is kinda jacked up from Jiu Jitsu so avoided over head pressing because it just felt weird. Did more back work instead and actually found a rowing movement I actually feel a ‘mind muscle’ connection with.

Main lift wise happy to get 8 for the MR set.

Also very weird thing post workout… My hunger was never ending 1700+ Kcal was consumed but my stomach felt empty. Weird

1 Like

Ok well today’s Plyo lower body session was very… VERY short. Only managed 1 set of hex bar jumps before all hell broke out.

Long story short
(This I was not aware of but heard afterwards)

• Small guy was kicked of the benching bench by a bigger dude who wanted to bench…
  • While big guy was benching small guy dropped a DB on his face
  • The guy who was benching also dropped the Barbell on his upper chest
    (This is what I was aware of)
  • Loud bang and screams while I’m deadlifting
  • A mini brawl happening with people restraining the small guy
    -Someone on the bench with blood everywhere
  • Gym worker calls police and locks the door
  • Police come questions us and the gym is shut…

Some people are idiots!!

More on a my training note… Tomorrow if the gym is open I may do my deadlift session instead of Monday (I felt good this AM waking up), if the gym isnt open then I will go MMA gym and do a technical session and some Arms.

1 Like

sorry your training session was interrupted.

I love consequences.

the internet makes some people forget that what you say or do to someone irl may have immediate ramifications.

Thanks my dude… But more recovery before the important week in the programme is never bad!!

100% true. Big guy probably deserved it but it takes a certain type of savage to drop a dumbell on a mans face while he’s benching. That’s some cold killer shit

1 Like

It’s also cowardly. It’s not hard to attack someone who can’t defend themselves.

1 Like

Deadlifts 5 waves Realisation week

The prescribed warm up sets + 1x9 with 122.5kg/270lbs

Deficit Deadlifts

5x 90kg/ 198b
3x 100kg/ 220lb
1x 110kg/ 242lb

Pause squats

3x3 ( second pause) with 95kg/ 209lb

Did my 10 sets of bent over rows in between deficit deadlifts and the pause squats

Did 3 sets of low seated cable rows

3x super set with Good mornings, KB swings and low seated rows with lat pull down attachment.

My back is FRIED!!! But getting 4 more reps on the MR was good start to the training week and a nice 20lb increase for the next cycle.

2 Likes

Bench 5 Waves Realisation week

The required warm up sets and 1x7 with 65kg/ 143lbs

3x5 Close Grip Bench Press supersetted with bent over Kettlebell rows

5x Weighted pull ups
4x6 Incline DB Press supersetted with seated low cable pulls
3x seated shoulder press
Arms ( Curls, extensions etc)

Really happy with my MR set because if I am being honest reading the number I needed to hit today I felt quite unconfident. Also I was suppose to hit 63kg (which I dont have due to lack of mini olympic plates) so I had to either round up or down. I decided to round up.

Anyways on also relevant is that my GF is sick so I took the day of work to spend time with her, legit spent the last 3 hours since my workout ending eating and napping with her so recovery is in motion for Squats tomorow!

2 Likes

Squat 8 Waves Realisation Week

The required warm up sets and 1x8 with 115kg/254lb
Pin squats: 4 singles with 102.5kg/226lbs
Sumo: 5x100kg/220lbs, 3x110kg/243lbs and 125kg/276lb for a single

3 sets of RDLs
and also did 10x rows and 3x low cable rows

Really happy with getting the 8 reps on squats. Im kinda intimated for where that puts my 1RM for the next cycle but thats a good worry to have I guess!

2 Likes

Incline Bench (instead of Military Press) 5 waves Realisation week

Warm up sets and 1x7 with 50 kg/110lb (supersetted with Kettlebell Rows)

Paused Bench: 50kg/110lbs x5 60kg/132lb x3 65kg/143lb x 1 also did 70kg/154lb extra.

5x Weighted pull ups
4x DB Bench Press super supersetted with Bent over dumbbell rows
3x DB shoulder press supersetted with seated cable rows
Arms

Surprising good day today. Adding 2.5kg/5 lbs to the incline press. Also happy with being able to get the last single for the pause bench. I’ve used 90% of my bench to programme the 5/3/1 on that and I guess that is pretty accurate.

Also on another note. Looking at the numbers for the next cycle I’ve realised that except for Bench I may actually be stronger than I was pre 2nd lockdown.

I’m already in 2 minds about deloading before the 3s cycle. I felt very good this week and the MR sets show that but I do have a few niggles.

2 Likes

So this morning the section I do my box jumps etc was booked out ( it is every Thursday and I usually do Plyo Day Fridays) so I decided to do a light workout and then continue the Plyo days tomorow and Saturday.

3x3 minute (45 second rest in between) rounds on the boxing bag

A 6 minute round of six times 30 seconds fast striaght shots and 30 seconds hard power shots

75 kicks each leg

6 sets of triceps and biceps

I’m thinking of how I can improve my programme for the next cycle or for when I start it again in a month. What I have at the moment is :

• I’m going to use 5/3/1 percentages on Close grin bench like I do with Sumo deads and pause Bench instead of 3 sets based on feel
  • Maybe get rid of pin squats and replace with another exercise. ( I’m unsure about if it is actually having any positive carry over to main lift)
  • possibly only do Plyo days on the 5 and 3s cycle and on the 10s and 8s replace those days with more hypertrophy based ones.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

1 Like