T Nation

Hurricane Sandy

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Why people have tree’s above 30 foot in their gardens is beyond me.

Not only do they increase your insurance costs, some more so than others but they can come down in winds around the 40-50MPH mark. Anyone taking a chance on 60-90MPH winds is going to end up with a very big problem.

My parents’ house have 70-footers not 8 meters from the nearest wall and should one of them come down its going to do some damage but my dad had the council cut them down to size or had them removed. He still wants them to remove 4 more.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SANDY! BRING IT ON BITCH!

SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT BABY!

[quote]harrypotter wrote:

Not only do they increase your insurance costs, some more so than others but they can come down in winds around the 40-50MPH mark. Anyone taking a chance on 60-90MPH winds is going to end up with a very big problem.

My parents’ house have 70-footers not 8 meters from the nearest wall and should one of them come down its going to do some damage but my dad had the council cut them down to size or had them removed. He still wants them to remove 4 more.[/quote]

Try telling that to my stubborn neighbor. All our trees are under 30 ft.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:

[/quote]

That film was unwatchable.

[/quote]

To keep people like me employed! When I used to cut trees, a good tornado and tropical storm or two would make the difference between an average year and an awesome year.

I still do a couple now and then. Here’s some of the last one-

Van, DAMN!

I hate when they do this- worst situation ever. About 40 feet up.

Are you a tree surgeon Skyz? It is an interesting job, never the same on any day.

Whats the biggest tree you have seen brought down? Did it do a lot of damage?

Are you a tree surgeon Skyz? It is an interesting job, never the same on any day.

Whats the biggest tree you have seen brought down? Did it do a lot of damage?[/quote]

I wasn’t really a surgeon, more like trimmer/removal. No formal training or anything. Biggest one I’ve ever seen come down was a very old pin oak. Probably 90 some odd feet, and about 6 ft. dia. trunk. No damage, as it fell parallel to the house instead of perpendicular.

My sister is stuck in Lower Manhatten she attends Pace University and they evacuated most of Lower New York already; They locked down the campus and told them they can’t leave the dorms but apparently now even they are being told to evacuate, I am just hoping she is okay I have a TON of family and my girlfriend all living back East, frustrating when you’re all the way across the country and can’t do anything for them… Sure they will be safe though, just will have alot of property damage if anything.

Motherfucker took out my electricity

shitty thing when we lose power it must kill the cell tower too. so far so good, but I’m not expecting that to last much longer.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Van, DAMN![/quote]

yeah this thing is for real. Building collapsed in downtown manhattan, we are even getting 60mph winds and 25 foot waves on the lakefront of Chicago. They shut down the bike path there.

Shit is rough here in Ohio too.

Cant imagine what its like in the thick of it all.

Hope all is well east coasters

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
yeah this thing is for real. Building collapsed in downtown manhattan, we are even getting 60mph winds and 25 foot waves on the lakefront of Chicago. They shut down the bike path there.[/quote]

Lake Erie is all pissed off as well, and they were closing down some lanes on the highway next to it. Local schools are closed as well, who woulda thought NE ohio would have a hurricane day.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:

[/quote]

That film was unwatchable. [/quote]

I lost my virginity while ‘watching’ that movie.

[quote]DSSG wrote:
Hey, what is everyone’s thoughts on the so called ‘super storm’ that is coming? Personally I think there is a high chance it is going to be a joke compared to what they are claiming, but still be pretty damn rough. [/quote]

I think it’s proven to be no joke.

Thanks for the updates nor’easterners… I hope you all are ok and if you can keep us posted on how things are and post pics if you got them. I am praying for you guys…