Hunter Shoots a Grizzly Bear

"These two gents were calling elk in the Saddle Hills south of Woking in Northwest Alberta when this big guy slipped in on the caller. The Shooter spotted the Grizzly Bear 8 yards from the caller and dropped him with 5 shots out of his 338 Rem Mag… Farmers in The area knew about the Bear but weren’t able to track it after it had killed 3 horses, 5 cows, 13 sheep and a pen full of chickens on several different homesteads in the area.

Fish and wildlife had bear traps set up in the area but notice on video that when ever he would enter his hump would hit The top of the culvert trap slowing him enough that the trap door would wack him on the head before he was all the way in. Check out the scar tissue on his face. The Bear weighed in just under 1300 pounds and would have stood 11 feet tall on its hind legs¦…"

This bear knows how to bulk…

I hope the pics are showing up or this is a fail.

dont know anything about hunting but wow thats big. What would you do with it other than make a cool rug out of it? Do people eat bear meat?

[quote]relentless2120 wrote:
dont know anything about hunting but wow thats big. What would you do with it other than make a cool rug out of it? Do people eat bear meat?[/quote]

I looked up big bears on googles and nothing really came close to this grizzly besides a polar bear (biggest species of bear) but doesn’t count. I heard of people eating bear but sometimes its very game (wild) tasting. A lot of hunters won’t eat bear because of it being to gamey. If you ever have had deer or even elk you’ll know what I mean by gamey taste.

[quote]Fuzzyapple wrote:
If you ever have had deer or even elk you’ll know what I mean by gamey taste.[/quote]

Dog breath. Only cure is ketchup or BBQ sauce.

so insane! That bear is effing huge. I would have shit my pants if I saw that thing 8 yards away in real life. 11 feet tall? That is nuts! A foot taller than a basketball rim… crazy

He must have gotten a hella lucky shot on some vital organ. I can’t see 5 bullets from a 338 dropping that monster otherwise.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
Makes one wonder how would 100 men do against a bear? Ever thought about how that would turn out? I mean 100 men barehanded, no weapons.[/quote]

Well I imagine a handful would get away when the bear got bored.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]Eli B wrote:

[quote]pushharder wrote:
Makes one wonder how would 100 men do against a bear? Ever thought about how that would turn out? I mean 100 men barehanded, no weapons.[/quote]

Well I imagine a handful would get away when the bear got bored.[/quote]

Come a little closer, my friend…better yet, start a thread about it…go ahead…do it…I dare you…[/quote]

or Google it and get in on that one.

Stuff of nightmares right there.
Although it was a beautiful animal, and it’s a shame they had no choice but to shoot it.

Holy crap! That is one big-ass animal. I can’t get over the size of those paws. I’m not buying 100 unarmed men doing anything to that beast.

DB

[quote]Fuzzyapple wrote:

[quote]relentless2120 wrote:
dont know anything about hunting but wow thats big. What would you do with it other than make a cool rug out of it? Do people eat bear meat?[/quote]

I looked up big bears on googles and nothing really came close to this grizzly besides a polar bear (biggest species of bear) but doesn’t count. I heard of people eating bear but sometimes its very game (wild) tasting. A lot of hunters won’t eat bear because of it being to gamey. If you ever have had deer or even elk you’ll know what I mean by gamey taste.[/quote]

I’ve read that the gamey taste of wild meat is due to testosterone. That’s why all commercially-raised animals for food are castrated early on, because once puberty hits, the meat gets gamey. It made sense to me.

I read it on the internet, so it has to be true.

DB

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]Eli B wrote:

[quote]pushharder wrote:

Well I imagine a handful would get away when the bear got bored.[/quote]

Come a little closer, my friend…better yet, start a thread about it…go ahead…do it…I dare you…[/quote]

or Google it and get in on that one.[/quote]

wut?