T Nation

Hunter Poole's Quest for 2000 Raw Total

My name is Hunter Poole i am new to this site, and have turned to this site for motivation, increasing my chance of sponsorship via youtube views to help pay for competition/food/supplements to help push my training to the next level , as well as just a way to get myself out there, and get some postive feedback.

I have been lifting for 8 years since i was 13, now 21 i have many state, american, and world records under my belt in many federations in powerlifting. I have competed in SPF,USPF,USAPL, and WABDL over nearly the past decade setting records in every age group since. I want to continue my journey to the top and be the best i can be, and potentially the best in the world if i keep progressing at my current rate. This is my passion this is my life dream, ive sacrificed alot for it, and am going to keep on pushing.

stats 6’5
currently 285 i hover around 285-305 depending on carb content and which weightclass i am trying to compete in 275, or 308
height is 6’5
most would say this is a huge disadvatage especially being my frame could hold alot more but from an early age i have learned that height has helped me naturally be good at deadlift, and having wide hips helps my squat, barrel chest helping my bench press those things i am lucky to have

NOW TO THE GOOD STUFF
RAW NUMBERS (competition no knee wraps walked out squats)
606 squat
452 bench press
733 deadlift

^^^^these numbers are nowhere near my current numbers for squat as this competition was nearly a year ago and squat has progressed very nicely hitting 672 fairly easy in a GYM PR. Deadlift and Bench press are close to same as weight has gone down over 30 pounds since that meet being 320 when those lifts were done. I have had a serious of back tweaks and injuries with my s-1,l-5 vertabrae and has given me alot of problems training

I have around 100 videos on my page feel free to check them out anytime or subscribe to my page as i put videos up very periodically

here is a link to my newest video of my home gym, and all the equipment i have accumulated over the past decade

also subscribe to my youtube channel as well if you want to check out my other videos i have

http://www.youtube.com/user/GSUBarbell?feature=mhee

10-4-12 weight 285
floor press
440x2
463x1

Yo, it’s Quincy

whats up man got the log going from todays lifting, really like this site so far

GOING hard today on deadlift for sure
idk about squat, may go alittle on the litter side deload maybe
going to hit the carbs hard two meals prior to the gym

2cups of oatmeal, 2 pieces of whole grain toast, a banana, and 8 eggs
for breakfast
2-3 potatoes and at least 8oz sirloin steak for lunch

I’m just a little dude hoping to reach 1300 someday…lol You’re young, so as long as you can keep that back healthy you’ll be good to go! I’ve only posted video a few times, but I’m sure someone here will tell you how to get that fixed.

Done any geared meets or plan to in the future?

Hey hunter, thatnks for referring me to this site. I will follow your blog and logs. That sounds nasty!

Awesome possum. Looking forward to some big things.

[quote]MightyMouse17 wrote:
I’m just a little dude hoping to reach 1300 someday…lol You’re young, so as long as you can keep that back healthy you’ll be good to go! I’ve only posted video a few times, but I’m sure someone here will tell you how to get that fixed.

Done any geared meets or plan to in the future?[/quote]

Im going to stick to raw for now, being gear seems to increase faster than human potential in lifting hence (red bench shirts)
im in no way anti gear, this is just the style i like, both are good
i have done one meet in WABDL when i was 15 first time wearing a shirt
VERY WEIRD, took me from 330 to 402 in that day in double ply
simply had to use that much weight to even get the weight to touch
very interesting experience

Keep it up MightMouse and you will hit it soon, Consistent hard work, and logging of training, dieting, motivational stuff on my wall, reading has been the best things i have ever done for my training.

[quote]cac1 wrote:
Hey hunter, thatnks for referring me to this site. I will follow your blog and logs. That sounds nasty![/quote]

no problem bro, thanks for staying tune

[quote]mmatt wrote:
Awesome possum. Looking forward to some big things.[/quote]

Yes me to brother!

Got calculus, then picking up spar4tee for some squatting and deadlift action

This log looks sick.

You should definitely compete in the 308’s man. Do you feel pretty good when you’re up around 300lbs? I figure as tall as you it’s probably still a relatively comfortable weight for you, but I wouldn’t really know.

[quote]csulli wrote:
This log looks sick.

You should definitely compete in the 308’s man. Do you feel pretty good when you’re up around 300lbs? I figure as tall as you it’s probably still a relatively comfortable weight for you, but I wouldn’t really know.[/quote]

yes i am comfortable at that weight, i have been trying to go down to 275 comfortably without losing much strength, but its tough, im sitting at 285 with carbs low for a couple of days, my squat and dead lift are still going good at this weight, but my bench press strength seems to drop exponential at a point around 275-285 bodyweight do to some kind of leverage

regardless i got room to play with if i decide to go full bloated, and carb loaded into next meet it will just blast my numbers through the roof

seems inevitable to me with my heigh and bone structure i will be 308 and SHW for life due to expotential strength increase due to leverage around certain weight classes just makes it optimal.

heres my pre workout meal
poatoes last a meal or two
steak should last 2-3 meals depending on how hungry i am post workout ect

http://www.youtube.com/v/IKxO8VzaLs4?version=3&hl=en_US

http://www.youtube.com/v/MMkahP9f7U4?version=3&hl=en_US

http://www.youtube.com/v/TWkU7_hudbA?version=3&hl=en_US

http://www.youtube.com/v/iZewjN5G8S8?version=3&hl=en_US

You’re welcome.

Trying to get my squat to look like Dan Green’s.

10-5-12
squat 584x3
deadlift 617x1
sandbag carry 200 pounds x150 feet, 2nd set 300 feet
famers walk 270 pounds per hand 75ftx2sets

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
You’re welcome.[/quote]

thanks for youtubing it up bro

Oh man I meant to ask this earlier. Your farmers walks and stuff reminded me. Are you interested in competing in strongman at all, or just powerlifting for now?