Hungry, Hungry T-Dawg

I have been on the T-Dawg 2.0 diet for a few days now and it’s going pretty good so far. One problem, however, is that an hour after my workout I have an insatiable hunger. I’m hungry every hour after my PWO meal. Usually I have a handful of mixed nuts (walnuts and cashews) in between meals if I’m really hungry, but it’s not helping anymore. Now, before I started this diet, I was eating like shit and maybe my metabolism is out of whack? I’m not sure.

I used the calorie calculations provided in the T-dawg 2.0 article, and I havn’t subtracted the 500 calories yet! I don’t think I would make it to the end of the day if I had subtracted them. So, should I increase my calories? Will it impede my fat loss?

Drink some warm caffeinated tead.

I drink about 3 cups of green tea a day.
I stop drinking green tea around 4pm because I don’t want to be up all night.
Thanks for the suggestion though.

Like said above Tea and or water, LOTS of it.

A couple otherv things that will help is LOAD up on your veggies, broccili, cauli, zucchini, etc. Making meals large without a huge K/cal or carb content.

Sunflower seeds can be a god send. The type with the shell on. I little bag can take some time to shell and munch on. Keeping you busy, a steady slow flow of good fats, etc…

Hope these help,
Phill

Thanks guys. I’m going to add some more veggies and see what happens.

Also keep in mind that this is a fat loss diet and you may indeed be hungry on it. Most experience less hunger on the T-Dawg 2.0 compared to less satiating diets, but it’s still a diet after all.

I take this really cool supp called slim styles from Natural Factors. Its basically glucomannan, a fiber that really fills you up. I mix it with Grow! and am full for the next 4 hours. It really helps control eating, and causes Grow! to thicken up even more.

I second the sunflower seeds comment, when I can’t hold off the hunger it take quite a while to de-shell and consume a small bag… not to mention they are great for keeping ya awake on long road trips.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Also keep in mind that this is a fat loss diet and you may indeed be hungry on it. Most experience less hunger on the T-Dawg 2.0 compared to less satiating diets, but it’s still a diet after all. [/quote]

As much as I respect you Chris, I have to disagree with this statement. Unless you are an intermediate/advanced bodybuilder doing your final 4 weeks of cutting pre-show, you should not be insatiably hungry PWO. His body is trying to tell him something, he should listen. He is probably not eating enough cals and probably not enough healthy fats to turn off that signal.

I think he should try and make his PWO meal (45 min after his PWO shake) 150-250 cals larger, with more protein, but still P+C. Then two hours later or so, hit a good size P+F meal. I think it helps to eat 30-40% of your day’s calories in the couple hours PWO for some people. I don’t think FFG should do this, but the the meso/ectomorph I think could try it.

Respectfully,
TopSirloin

C’mon Chris… no comments!!! :wink: Merry Christmas then.