Hungry As Hell

I’m constantly hungry every hour. I weigh 165 lbs. I eat when I’m hungry but am never satisfied. I feel like I’m eating too much, and that I should not be eating so that I don’t gain fat/weight.

I think to myself about how I wish I could just go on a wild bulking phase, but I know it would be selfish and foolish; I’m trying to become a Marine and I leave for OCS in 4 months. My body is telling me to eat and I am sometimes giving in, sometimes not. It’s like a tug of war and I’m stagnating at the same weight, just so I can maintain my 3 mile run time (18:40).

How I wish I could bulk.

I seriously feel like I could pound about 10 scoops of Metabolic Drive with no problem, all in one sitting. I could eat a loaf of bread or 5 cans of tuna. I want to do that, but I know that I can’t and I’d feel bad if I did.

This sucks.

I think your problem is not enough vegetables. Eat tons of broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, lettuce, and spinach. Believe me, 1 bag of Steamfresh Vegetables or about 2-4 cups of spinach will do the trick in filling you up.

[quote]dhuge67 wrote:
I’m constantly hungry every hour. I weigh 165 lbs. I eat when I’m hungry but am never satisfied. I feel like I’m eating too much, and that I should not be eating so that I don’t gain fat/weight.

I think to myself about how I wish I could just go on a wild bulking phase, but I know it would be selfish and foolish; I’m trying to become a Marine and I leave for OCS in 4 months. My body is telling me to eat and I am sometimes giving in, sometimes not. It’s like a tug of war and I’m stagnating at the same weight, just so I can maintain my 3 mile run time (18:40).

How I wish I could bulk.

I seriously feel like I could pound about 10 scoops of Metabolic Drive with no problem, all in one sitting. I could eat a loaf of bread or 5 cans of tuna. I want to do that, but I know that I can’t and I’d feel bad if I did.

This sucks. [/quote]

Your body is trying to tell you something… Eat more, eat right and you will not have to worry about anything but getting stronger.

[quote]dhuge67 wrote:

How I wish I could bulk.

This sucks. [/quote]

lower carbs and add more meat

I can eat all the meat eggs sausage bacon I want and still lose weight if I lower my carbs but my strength gains suck

[quote]n3wb wrote:
dhuge67 wrote:

How I wish I could bulk.

This sucks.

I can eat all the meat eggs sausage bacon I want and still lose weight if I lower my carbs but my strength gains suck

[/quote]i hardly eat anything but protein from all of the good sources: chicken, tuna, eggs, low-fat cottage cheese, protein bars, protein powder, oatmeal, veggetables

that’s pretty much my diet

i only drink water and the once in a blue moon cup of coffee or tea, or maybe an energy drink.

I have 2 instead of 3 scoops of Surge, post workout.

My carbs are pretty low. I don’t eat shit.

I work out like a mad man.

I’m not even that lean.

What the hell.

Eat more calorie dense stuff during the day like natural almonds and peanuts, cottage cheese and yoghurt, milk, natty pb etc. Supplment with healthy fats from flax and fish oils.

Eat more fats, they will make you feel more sated.

Instead of water with your meals, drink whole milk.

[quote]dhuge67 wrote:
n3wb wrote:
dhuge67 wrote:

How I wish I could bulk.

This sucks.

i hardly eat anything but protein from all of the good sources: chicken, tuna, eggs, low-fat cottage cheese, protein bars, protein powder, oatmeal, veggetables

that’s pretty much my diet

i only drink water and the once in a blue moon cup of coffee or tea, or maybe an energy drink.

I have 2 instead of 3 scoops of Surge, post workout.

My carbs are pretty low. I don’t eat shit.

I work out like a mad man.

I’m not even that lean.

What the hell.

[/quote]

What, you’re not allowed to be 185lbs. in the Marines anymore?

I guess you’re looking for advice, so what I’d say is eat alot of good food, keep running your ass off, and keep up with your workouts.

So what if you gain 10-20 pounds? If you’re eating right and continue to push yourself it’s not gonna be fat? How is 10 pounds of muscle going to negatively affect you in the Marines?

[quote]dhuge67 wrote:

I think to myself about how I wish I could just go on a wild bulking phase, but I know it would be selfish and foolish; I’m trying to become a Marine and I leave for OCS in 4 months.

My body is telling me to eat and I am sometimes giving in, sometimes not. It’s like a tug of war and I’m stagnating at the same weight, just so I can maintain my 3 mile run time (18:40).

How I wish I could bulk.

This sucks. [/quote]

It sounds like your metabolism is soaring right now, so trying to prevent your body from being in a catabolic state during certain times will probably help you out. A good time to load up on calories is before an extended activity period where you won’t be able to eat for a while.

Also, it would help to have a source of slow-digesting protein before bed.
I’m a baseball player, and its definitely hard jnot to waste away when you’re out on the field all afternoon without a good meal.
It sounds like it would take some effort to put on weight with your level of activity and metabolism, but I’d say go for it! The beautiful part is, you can harness that metabolism and burn off weight if you aren’t satisfied with your bulking results. Stay hungry!

[quote]scottie86 wrote:
dhuge67 wrote:

I think to myself about how I wish I could just go on a wild bulking phase, but I know it would be selfish and foolish; I’m trying to become a Marine and I leave for OCS in 4 months.

My body is telling me to eat and I am sometimes giving in, sometimes not. It’s like a tug of war and I’m stagnating at the same weight, just so I can maintain my 3 mile run time (18:40).

How I wish I could bulk.

This sucks.

It sounds like your metabolism is soaring right now, so trying to prevent your body from being in a catabolic state during certain times will probably help you out. A good time to load up on calories is before an extended activity period where you won’t be able to eat for a while.

Also, it would help to have a source of slow-digesting protein before bed.
I’m a baseball player, and its definitely hard jnot to waste away when you’re out on the field all afternoon without a good meal.
It sounds like it would take some effort to put on weight with your level of activity and metabolism, but I’d say go for it! The beautiful part is, you can harness that metabolism and burn off weight if you aren’t satisfied with your bulking results. Stay hungry!
[/quote]

Thanks for the advice and support man, I appreciate it.

I think you may have hit the nail on the head, because I’ve never eaten this much food in my life without getting fat, since I’m working out so much and so hard.

My metabolism must be at an all-time high or something? It feels good to satisfy the hunger, but mentally, I’m just not used to being able to “get away” with eating like I am.

[quote]dhuge67 wrote:
It feels good to satisfy the hunger, but mentally, I’m just not used to being able to “get away” with eating like I am. [/quote]

If you are eating calorie dense, healthy low in fat foods, why would your brain ever think about getting fat.

You want to join the marines - eat up big boy you are going to need it for basic.

Im with the guy who suggested whole milk, drink a few glasses of whole milk a day if not a gallon, throw in some extra spinach, keep running, keep lifting and eat when you are hungry.

You say you only drink water, well make sure its enough water so that you are thirsty and just reading the signals as actually being hungry.

Just do what your body feels, not what your brain thinks. If your stomach says steak and your brain THINKS egg whites, grab a porterhouse.