T Nation

Hungry and Horny?

Currently I am 285 at 20%. I am trying to lose weight and I lift a lot! I also have low Test and am 30.

Now that the back ground is out of the way, I am currently hitting each body part twice a week, 3 days on 1 day off. I would 1 body part in the morning and another about 5 hours later. Each body part is 3 lifts at 4 sets of 25.

I am eating 2900 calories a day. 218g of pro, 75 g of fat and 338g of carbs.

I have been doing this for 3 weeks and the last 2 weeks I have been Hungry as hell and horny as hell.

Am I not eating enough? I am losing about 3 lbs a week. I also eat pickles and Tofu noodles (a ton) as fillers to help stay full, but I am hungry all the time. What does the horny have to do with any of this? is their a correlation?

just whack one out, eat something low carb and hit the gym. Nothing to worry about.

Eat more protein. If you don’t want to increase total cals, then replace some carbs. I found my progress stalling so I started tracking my food and found out I wasn’t eating as much protein as I thought. Now I make sure to get 250g a day and progress has resumed. At your bodyweight, you could even go higher with protein.

As far as sex drive, I have heard that extra fat can inhibit sex drive, so logically losing weight would increase it.

[quote]csquaredosu66 wrote:
Each body part is 3 lifts at 4 sets of 25.[/quote]
Interesting setup. So each body part is getting 300 total reps twice per week?

Are you doing this for calorie burning effects?

I would increase your fat and decrease your carbs.

Somthing closer to this:
LBM = Lean Body Mass

LBM * 1.5 = Grams of protein/day
LBM * 1 = Grams of Carbs/day
LBM * 0.5 = Grams of Fat/day

^This^ is a good starting point for BMR. Adjust it based on your goals.

[quote]Silyak wrote:
Eat more protein. If you don’t want to increase total cals, then replace some carbs. I found my progress stalling so I started tracking my food and found out I wasn’t eating as much protein as I thought. Now I make sure to get 250g a day and progress has resumed. At your bodyweight, you could even go higher with protein.

As far as sex drive, I have heard that extra fat can inhibit sex drive, so logically losing weight would increase it. [/quote]

Thanks a lot. I have always lived by the 1.5g per body wight…But I was advised a nutritionist that while losing weight, I would want to do 1 g per LBM.

This combo would indicate you are doing something right, as far as training goes.

If you have more sex you’ll have higher testosterone…or is it if you have higher test you’ll have more sex?

[quote]chobbs wrote:
If you have more sex you’ll have higher testosterone…or is it if you have higher test you’ll have more sex?[/quote]
Hmm… This sound familiar, but I can’t put my finger on where I’ve heard it before…

[quote]Andrewdwatters1 wrote:

[quote]chobbs wrote:
If you have more sex you’ll have higher testosterone…or is it if you have higher test you’ll have more sex?[/quote]
Hmm… This sound familiar, but I can’t put my finger on where I’ve heard it before… [/quote]

Keep your fingers away from me…

[quote]1 Man Island wrote:

[quote]Andrewdwatters1 wrote:

[quote]chobbs wrote:
If you have more sex you’ll have higher testosterone…or is it if you have higher test you’ll have more sex?[/quote]
Hmm… This sound familiar, but I can’t put my finger on where I’ve heard it before… [/quote]

Keep your fingers away from me…[/quote]
Kinda like the chicken and egg scenario lol

How tall are you?

[quote]Field wrote:
This combo would indicate you are doing something right, as far as training goes.[/quote]

x2 keep it up?

[quote]csquaredosu66 wrote:

Thanks a lot. I have always lived by the 1.5g per body wight…But I was advised a nutritionist that while losing weight, I would want to do 1 g per LBM. [/quote]

Did I read that right? A nutritionist told you to eat LESS protein while trying to lose weight? That seems outrageous to me. Am I alone in thinking that?

Isn’t this a good thing?

You’re hungry because you’re using more energy than you body would like to, and so it wants you to eat more.

You’re horny because you got lots of test.

That’s an awful lot of reps for each exercise though.