Hunger on Low-Carb Days

Forgot to mention, I am also going to amino load between my meals. I’ve heard from quite a few people that it really helps curb the appetite and it spares the muscle. I have bcaas and 100MR, if anyone has ever heard of that. It has no carbs or sugar sources but is kind of sweet tasting.

[quote]Dre Cappa wrote:
Thanks, fellas. It’ll be a struggle but well worth it in the end. For breakfast I might do eggs, and some bacon or sausage. I’m not a big fan of almonds, but I can bite the bullet on those if I have to. I just have to drink plenty of water with them.

I can also do hamburgers with no bun, or steaks. I also eat alot of tuna. Hopefully once I get into a groove it will get easier. My problem is avoiding the damn vending machines at work, those things are the devil.[/quote]

If I were you I wouldn’t bring any money with me to work, or if you have to, leave it out in your car. I used to spend money on all sorts of junk food at work so I just stopped carrying money with me.

[quote]Phill wrote:
Dre Cappa wrote:
Phill, what are some good fat sources? I know about olive oil, nuts, natural PB. What are some good saturated ones to have?

Phill wrote:
greekdawg wrote:
Shoebolt wrote:
Increase your saturated fat intake.

Agreed. If the carbs go down, the fats must go up. They are inversely related.

Most people that get all crazy and irritable on low carbs, probably are skimping on the fats. Fat is your friend, keeps you satisfied and it tastes good.

AS well not only do fats go down but many short them selves on sats first when cutting to Much so. You aint gotta go crazy with them but keep them up with others

Phill

Yes like below said Red meat, eggs, pork, fattier poultry. One thing to remember that many by pass or ignore, red meat, eggs etc are actually usually higher in the PUFA’s and MUFA"s then Sats but they are a good source.

Full fat dairy, whip cream. I personally like coconut the shredded non sweetened kind Or coconut milk. Man mix Coconut milk with a Metabolic Drive shake PURE gold. and coconut has many health benefits and will give you just peachy skin and hair LOL

Hope that helps,

Phill[/quote]

I like coconut milk as well, but it usually has a lot of preservatives, and some Guar, or Xantham gum. I get coconut oil. Tastes good in shakes, and has a nice flavor when you fry eggs in it, almost as good as bacon grease, in my opinion.