Hunger on Bulking Diet

I’m 6’3, 245 lbs, 26% BF. I’ve been following Berardi’s Massive Eating article and it’s working. I’m gaining about a pound of muscle and fat (each) every week. I’m consuming close to 4200 calories and about 250-300g of protein each day.

Sometimes I’m just not hungry enough to finish the rest of the meal. I do it anyways, and I feel absolutely stuffed and uncomfortable. Especially breakfast. I used to be HUNGRY when I woke up. No longer.

I’m making good gains (which I’m happy with, BTW), but a (50%:50%) ratio (LBM:Fat) gain is a little higher than what Mike Boyle (at least I think it was Boyle) said is possible (70%/30%).

If I follow my hunger, and stop eating when I’m good and damn full, will I store less fat?

What has your experience been?

Dude your 26% bf and doing massive eating, are you crazy? Keep that up and you’ll be obese in no time! Eat a higher protein diet, lift heavy and do cardio, try t-dawg 2.0 or something similar.

[quote]Otep wrote:

If I follow my hunger, and stop eating when I’m good and damn full, will I store less fat?
[/quote]

If this means eating less over all of course it will mean you gainless

Phill

Ok, I have an issue myself with bulking. I’m 5’7 150 pounds and only 7.5% bodyfat.

I need to get some meat on me to gain any actual size, or as my father says, “What good is all that muscle with no weight to put behind a hit Mike?” and was wondering if any of you could toss me a diet that would work without having to spend money on training supplements and the like. I’ll eat just about anything.

[quote]lil_diesel90 wrote:
I’ll eat just about anything.[/quote]

i think you just answered your own question

heres some good calorie dense foods though

beef/dark chicken
milk
nuts
beans
pasta
salmon
whole eggs(for the dollar)

Adding a couple of servings of natural peanut butter to my diet everyday seems to be doing the trick for me. Olive oil in a protein shake seems to add a good bump in cals as well.

In six months, what would you like to weigh and what would you like your bodyfat percentage to be?

I’ve found that eating when I’m hungry works out pretty well, but I still end up forcing a few meals a day to make sure I’m taking in enough food.

My vote is that if you’re putting on muscle along with the fat that you keep doing that, and increase your activity levels, just do some extra walking or something.

You are not eating that much. Certainly not for your height. The only expalaination I see is your training. How and how often do you train?

[quote]lil_diesel90 wrote:
Ok, I have an issue myself with bulking. I’m 5’7 150 pounds and only 7.5% bodyfat.

I need to get some meat on me to gain any actual size, or as my father says, “What good is all that muscle with no weight to put behind a hit Mike?” and was wondering if any of you could toss me a diet that would work without having to spend money on training supplements and the like. I’ll eat just about anything.[/quote]

buy 1 gallon whole milk add that to what you do / eat all ready everyday. that’ll help. Check out the Massive eating articles etc

find out how much your eating now evidently ts not near enough, make damn sure to eat more than that everyday if ya arent or stop gaining eat more, jars of PB, oats, rice, taters, etc etc

Phill

Since I’ve been trying to bulk, I’ve been following Staley’s EDT, which has worked well for me in the past.
Briefly:
PR1: ATG Back-Squats/Dumbbell-Rows
PR2: Wide-grip Deadlifts/ Dumbbell bench press
PR3: Dumbbell Military Press/Lying Leg Raises.

I train 3x/week.
(I sip half a dose of Surge during workout, the other half at end. I stretch, shower, and about an hour after I finish my work out, I eat a meal with about 50g protein and 75-120g carbs).
I’m fucking VORACIOUS after I work out. But after that meal, and maybe the next one, my appetite back to baseline.

I’ll admit, I don’t do cardio. Haven’t had time. I used to take ‘park days’, as Shugart calls them, on days when I wasn’t in the gym. Head down to the park, do a totally unplanned workout with whatever equipment is available (GPP). Really enjoyed those, but haven’t had the time. Tests.

I understand there are varying views as to what I SHOULD be doing (eat more, eat specific foods, do cardio, etc). What I’m asking specifically is

Has using your hunger as a guide as to when to stop eating served you in gaining less comparative fat while still making gains in LBM?

6 months would be… October.

If I continue making the gains I have been (1lb/muscle, 1lb/fat each week), I intend on bulking until I’m about 200 LBM (I’m 180 now, so finish mid-September) and then cutting until I’m down to 10% BF (which should take some time. Probably close to 5 months, or a little bit more).

I’d also like to Squat and Deadlift 400 in about 6 months. I’m currently around 350.