Humerus Pain from Shoulder Issues?

Pretty much getting dull, mild upper arm pain when performing pressing (any pressing) motions. Also pain when retrieving my hand after reaching out for something. The dull pain is right in the middle of the lateral part of the humerus. No pain with pulling motions. I’m almost 100% it’s something with the shoulder, but can’t dig up any info about my symptoms (humerus pain) online.

Please help, bc pressing weights are too much fun!!!

My suggestion would be after some rest try using only neutral grip for about 3 weeks, plus make sure your RC are healthy. Off course it is a guess. Maybe a visit will be needed.
Any trigger point?

deltoid attachment?

So, hb50p I’m trying to take it easy this week and focus on my rehab exercises (External Rotation, Scaption raises, etc. etc.). Trying to focus on the basic shoulder movements where I am lacking strength and mobility. I hear you about the RC being that it was a past injury of mine.

To boldar, can you explain more about your deltoid attachment comment. I am really interested in your explanation.

[quote]pasteee wrote:
So, hb50p I’m trying to take it easy this week and focus on my rehab exercises (External Rotation, Scaption raises, etc. etc.). Trying to focus on the basic shoulder movements where I am lacking strength and mobility. I hear you about the RC being that it was a past injury of mine.

To boldar, can you explain more about your deltoid attachment comment. I am really interested in your explanation. [/quote]

Last year i had a problem more or less similar on my dominant side.
What finally helped was real rest(not only gym rest) for 5 weeks fallowed by daily broomstick stretches set of 50 searh it( i used a scarf allmost as long as i am tall) and pullaparts 3 sets of 20 usings bands sold by 3 for pilates/rehab.
Now i use neutral grip and i am problem free since Nov. 5.
Insert at least 1 hour between any set( i think we should regularly bring blood to the area for healing).

hb50p, I agree with your approach. I saw this site ROUND EARTH PUBLISHING: INTRODUCTION TO SHOULDER PAIN and seems like the trigger points are from my rotator cuff. I am going to use a golf ball for massaging the RC muscles. Then, band pullaparts, sidelying ER, “sleeper stretch” and shoulder raises (with shoulder blades pinched down and back). Let’s see if it’s solved.

Well if your pain is where you describe it really the only muscle you could have hurt is the deltoid. the rotator cuff muscles attach high in the upper arm. just because its a pain associated with the shoulder doesn’t mean its the rotator cuff. the deltoid would hurt with prehension rotator cuff most likely wouldn’t.

True. Honestly, who knows 100% what it is. just gunna do these rehab exercises along with some neck stretches. Then, introduce weights gradually and see where this experiment takes me.