Humans: We're Out of This World!!

"A group of researchers working at the Human Genome Project indicate that they made an astonishing scientific discovery: They believe so-called 97% non-coding sequences in human DNA is no less than genetic code of extraterrestrial life forms.

The non-coding sequences are common to all living organisms on Earth, from moulds to fish to humans. In human DNA, they constitute larger part of the total genome, says Prof. Sam Chang, the group leader.

Non-coding sequences, originally known as “junk DNA”, were discovered years ago, and their function remained a mystery. The overwhelming majority of Human DNA is “Off-world” in origin. The apparent “extraterrestrial junk genes” merely “enjoy the ride” with hard working active genes, passed from generation to generation.

After comprehensive analysis with the assistance of other scientists, computer programmers, mathematicians, and other learned scholars, Professor Chang had wondered if the apparently “junk Human DNA” was created by some kind of “extraterrestrial programmer”. The alien chunks within Human DNA, Professor Chang further observes, “have its own veins, arteries, and its own immune system that vigorously resists all our anti-cancer drugs.”

Those wild Canadians…

I think we have found that living objects all share certain elements and similarities, regardless of location. I don’t see why Space would be any different. The earth may be the most progressed planet we know of when discussing life, but the elements, proteins, compounds etc on earth are not exclusive only to earth.

The news is interesting however.

Heck, I learned this in the final season of X-Files. Or was it the pilot for Heroes?

How DNA can have veins, arteries, and an immune system is beyond me.

Well, not really, my protein shake told me to fuck off yesterday.

I’ve read this about this before. Google Elohim. Not a new theory.

How then do they explain adaptation to environment? What they are proposing is that the preexisting life forms here on earth would have never evolved beyond protein structures floating in water. Still doesn’t explain where the protein structures came from or what purpose they served or how they could be considered living if they didn’t have one of the two defining characteristics of a living creature; reproduction. Or hell, it doesn’t even prove which came first (DNA, RNA or protein).

No RNA, no DNA, no protein synthesis, no ribosomes. Evolution/adaptation started when the three things (protein, RNA and DNA) made a cell. Not when a fucking alien sent some shit here and said “Grow like this.” What I’m saying is that evolution is inevitable, it is one of the principles of the living universe.

This is nothing but a detour for that particular molecular biologist. Rather dogmatic as well. Pseudoscience.

[quote]Irish Muscle wrote:
i read this before hand. the idea is that the aliens fired out particles throughout the entire universe in the hope that they would reach a planet with some life form. They didnt particularly choose earth because they didnt know which planet has life out of the billions that exist.

over time, these particles are mingled with life forms and they stay there.

maybe they are a code, so when we get advanced enough, we will be able to understand it and view it like a map to locate them.

they also deleted these genes in lab rats and found that the deleted junk genes had no effect on the rat’s life or its offspring. so they’re definatly junk genes, like levis[/quote]

That last line was awful. LMFAO.