T Nation

Humans vs Animals

[quote]TheBodyGuard wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]roguevampire wrote:
The mere fact that you say we as humans hold a humans life over an animals life just shows how ignorant we are. I would save my cats without a second thought before any human. unless they were my close family. but, my cats are my close family. why are humans considered more valuable or better than animals. That is simply something i dont suscribe to.[/quote]

The value of something depends on its importance to us.
I love animals, and aside from the loonies at PETA, I do support basic rights against misuse and abuse of animals.

We shouldn’t even be having this thread topic discussion. We’re talking about HUMAN LIFE!

Have a child, then tell me where your priorities lie.

[/quote]

the fact of the matter is that this troll does allegedly have a daughter. [/quote]

Troll = Incredibly jacked, strong man. Only thing i have figured out, by what it means to be called a troll is, people don’t like what i say or they wish they had the balls to not care what negative feedback I might recieve. People can not claim i am a troll, cause my pics aren’t real.

I’ve posted pics the same way anyone else has. Just cause im the best built guy here, my pic is hard to beleive. if I was ordinary looking, nobody would say anything. lol.

[quote]clip11 wrote:
People are mostly indifferent towards other people. People die everyday in horrible conditions. But what do you do if you hear about it besides say “man thats too bad”? You shake your head and in a few moments forget all about it. I really don’t hate anyone or wish anyone any evil, but on the other hand, I really dont have any great love for most people either. Whereas, my dog I had an actual love for.[/quote]

Amen brother. amen. When my cat died, the first cat my family had ever owned. up till that point, i had never seen my mother really cry. It took her 10 years before you could get another cat. People to me, suck. even the vet cried, when she saw how upset my mom was. it was a heart breaking experience when you love an animal so much.

Show me one animal that can invent the combustion engine and my opinion will be changed.

[quote]gregron wrote:

Mans best friend.[/quote]

Until someone else comes along to feed him. Trust me.

[quote]roguevampire wrote:

[quote]TheBodyGuard wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]roguevampire wrote:
The mere fact that you say we as humans hold a humans life over an animals life just shows how ignorant we are. I would save my cats without a second thought before any human. unless they were my close family. but, my cats are my close family. why are humans considered more valuable or better than animals. That is simply something i dont suscribe to.[/quote]

The value of something depends on its importance to us.
I love animals, and aside from the loonies at PETA, I do support basic rights against misuse and abuse of animals.

We shouldn’t even be having this thread topic discussion. We’re talking about HUMAN LIFE!

Have a child, then tell me where your priorities lie.

[/quote]

the fact of the matter is that this troll does allegedly have a daughter. [/quote]

Troll = Incredibly jacked, strong man. Only thing i have figured out, by what it means to be called a troll is, people don’t like what i say or they wish they had the balls to not care what negative feedback I might recieve. People can not claim i am a troll, cause my pics aren’t real.

I’ve posted pics the same way anyone else has. Just cause im the best built guy here, my pic is hard to beleive. if I was ordinary looking, nobody would say anything. lol.[/quote]

you’re hilarious. intentional or not, this is good stuff.

I don’t know if I look at it as this black and white. I am generally more sad when I hear about animals being abused/mistreated/killed than I am when people die. That scene from I Am Legend where he has to kill his dog? That was way more sad, for me, than the earlier scene where his family is in the helicopter flying away and they end up dying or whatever (it’s been a while since I saw it lol).

The great thing about dogs, for me, is that they are innocent. Some dogs may be aggressive or dangerous, but that is really a result of human error, and not conscious choice. There are plenty of good people in the world, but there are plenty of shitty people too. I don’t know what choice I’d make with some random unknown person, but I can definitely say that there are a LOT of people in the world who I’d choose my dog over.

[quote]byukid wrote:
Show me one animal that can invent the combustion engine and my opinion will be changed.[/quote]

Show me a dog that can fly a plane into a building and so will mine.

Jesus people. Clip has been doing this for years and you fuckers still don’t pick up on it.

Controversial Topic - Check
Implausible “Either Or” Situation - Check
No matter what answer you provide and reason for giving that answer there will be pissed off people - Check

Grow up, and accept that people have different opinions, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU before this turns into the 300 reply thread I know it’s going to.

In fact, fuck it. Let it play out. Not like I’ll be coming back.

I can’t believe some of the answers in here. I’ve had dogs since I was a wee little boy. I’ve had four of them die on me. I think I cried each time. I was over it in a few days and moved on. We always got another dog to replace the one that died. Dogs are great pets and all, but I would much rather spend my time in the company of another human being. They are just dogs, they are loyal. They follow you around and always want you to rub their belly.

I’m going to save a human being every freaking day even if they aren’t the most pleasant individual.

Human.

[quote]roguevampire wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]roguevampire wrote:
The mere fact that you say we as humans hold a humans life over an animals life just shows how ignorant we are. I would save my cats without a second thought before any human. unless they were my close family. but, my cats are my close family. why are humans considered more valuable or better than animals. That is simply something i dont suscribe to.[/quote]

The value of something depends on its importance to us.
I love animals, and aside from the loonies at PETA, I do support basic rights against misuse and abuse of animals.

We shouldn’t even be having this thread topic discussion. We’re talking about HUMAN LIFE!

Have a child, then tell me where your priorities lie.

[/quote]

I once saw an episode of Crocodile hunter, with steve irwin. he was crying over a very old croc, hes had for years. that croc was a part of his family. I feel sad for people who feel as you do. to think "human life’ is more valuable than animal life. according to whom. us, humans? lol. a life is a life. you can’t say one is better or more valuable than another. Luckily, people who think the way you do are a dying breed. you call peta nuts. i call them heros. they are willing to risk their lives to save animals. Those are true heros. [/quote]

How would you feel if someone saved their dog over your daughter when put in this situation?

My dog over random person… not close

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:

[quote]byukid wrote:
Show me one animal that can invent the combustion engine and my opinion will be changed.[/quote]

Show me a dog that can fly a plane into a building and so will mine.
[/quote]
These are stupid arguments. Because dogs never do anything bad like bite people.

[quote]Davinci.v2 wrote:

[quote]roguevampire wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]roguevampire wrote:
The mere fact that you say we as humans hold a humans life over an animals life just shows how ignorant we are. I would save my cats without a second thought before any human. unless they were my close family. but, my cats are my close family. why are humans considered more valuable or better than animals. That is simply something i dont suscribe to.[/quote]

The value of something depends on its importance to us.
I love animals, and aside from the loonies at PETA, I do support basic rights against misuse and abuse of animals.

We shouldn’t even be having this thread topic discussion. We’re talking about HUMAN LIFE!

Have a child, then tell me where your priorities lie.

[/quote]

I once saw an episode of Crocodile hunter, with steve irwin. he was crying over a very old croc, hes had for years. that croc was a part of his family. I feel sad for people who feel as you do. to think "human life’ is more valuable than animal life. according to whom. us, humans? lol. a life is a life. you can’t say one is better or more valuable than another. Luckily, people who think the way you do are a dying breed. you call peta nuts. i call them heros. they are willing to risk their lives to save animals. Those are true heros. [/quote]

How would you feel if someone saved their dog over your daughter when put in this situation?[/quote]
How would he feel, or even I feel, if someone saved their dog over me. I think in the last seconds of my life I would have thought, “really? a dog is more important than me? I think my family would beg to differ.”

[quote]strungoutboy21 wrote:

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:

[quote]byukid wrote:
Show me one animal that can invent the combustion engine and my opinion will be changed.[/quote]

Show me a dog that can fly a plane into a building and so will mine.
[/quote]
These are stupid arguments. Because dogs never do anything bad like bite people.[/quote]

i lol’ed hard.

[quote]eeu743 wrote:
Some dogs may be aggressive or dangerous, but that is really a result of human error, and not conscious choice. [/quote]

if you’re including poor breeding into the above “human error”…that would be mostly accurate. dogs are not innocent though. they are predators, act as predators and are quite “animal” in spite of people’s desire to see them as “human” or “part of the family”. the blurring of that line is the cause of more problems between dog and family than you may be aware.

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:

[quote]byukid wrote:
Show me one animal that can invent the combustion engine and my opinion will be changed.[/quote]

Show me a dog that can fly a plane into a building and so will mine.
[/quote]

how about I just show you a dog that will kill an innocent child or adult? :wink:

To lighten up the mood.

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:

[quote]byukid wrote:
Show me one animal that can invent the combustion engine and my opinion will be changed.[/quote]

Show me a dog that can fly a plane into a building and so will mine.
[/quote]

If Clip and Rougevamp got into a fight, who would win?