T Nation

Human Dignity Can't Survive Overpopulation

It all makes sense.

This man could talk a meth addict to sleep.

Cliff’s Notes:
Basically, in about 10-30 years we’re going to run out of oil and the population is going to be way above what it is now.

Because of this, there’s going be be much more competition for resources and the division between the poor and the rich is going to grow. the importance of human life is going to decrease and democracy is going to cease to exist (that last one is because the more people there are, the less your vote does.)

Love conquers all, Oleena.

The overpopulation thing always makes me laugh.

They’ve been saying that for so long it just doesn’t scare anyone any more.

[quote]Oleena wrote:
Cliff’s Notes:
Basically, in about 10-30 years we’re going to run out of oil and the population is going to be way above what it is now.

Because of this, there’s going be be much more competition for resources and the division between the poor and the rich is going to grow. the importance of human life is going to decrease and democracy is going to cease to exist (that last one is because the more people there are, the less your vote does.)[/quote]

Hmmmm Sounds Like ol Rome…wonder what happend with them?

IF we were truly intelligent and rational, we would gather about 200 000 people of diverse backgrounds, set them up with all that would be needed to keep shit running on a smaller scale, then kill the rest of us.

Seriously, if we were truly worried about the survival of the human race and wanted to reverse the negative effects we have caused to this planet, that’s what needs to be done.

Oh no, but human life if too precious. Bullshit, buncha selfish fucks flying around space on this rock with a nugget centre.

Dude…I’m from Canada and your idea makes no sense.

We could put 200,000 people into northern Alberta and no one would know for 200 years.

I thought global warming was supposed to kill everybody except people who love the earth and buy green labeled products.

You mean that plan has changed?

(actually, this reminds me of the “peak oil” arguments from a few years ago. Same premise.)

[quote]Nards wrote:
Dude…I’m from Canada and your idea makes no sense.

We could put 200,000 people into northern Alberta and no one would know for 200 years.[/quote]

That’s the point. It shouldn’t be known we are here. If we as an “intelligent” animal were seriously worried about the state of the earth and our species, the quickest way to deal with it would be kill off 99.5% of the population. The earth would thrive and I’m guessing so would humans.

No way…that’s just not necessary at all.

And that’s coming from me…one of the very very very necessary ones.

[quote]kothreat wrote:
IF we were truly intelligent and rational, we would gather about 200 000 people of diverse backgrounds, set them up with all that would be needed to keep shit running on a smaller scale, then kill the rest of us.

[/quote]

Great idea. Unless you’re not one of the 200,000.

[quote]sam_sneed wrote:

[quote]kothreat wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Exactly.

That’s why I was saying ‘if’ we were truly rational animals we would be able to see this.

I’m pretty fucking useless, I’d volunteer to be blasted into the sun.

[quote]Oleena wrote:
Cliff’s Notes:

Because of this, there’s going be be much more competition for resources and the division between the poor and the rich is going to grow. the importance of human life is going to decrease and democracy is going to cease to exist (that last one is because the more people there are, the less your vote does.)[/quote]

I didn’t watch the video because it exceeds my 2 minute attention span and I’m at work. But I have been hearing “We’re going run out of oil in 30 years” for as long as I can remember. I’m 34 and 1/2 now.

Reserves spot in 200,000.

I am one of the 200,000 ( one of the 350 to be exact but I don’t want to look like I’m bragging) and the top 500 know that overpopulation is not even a threat in any way whatsoever anyway.

[quote]kothreat wrote:

[quote]sam_sneed wrote:

[quote]kothreat wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Exactly.

That’s why I was saying ‘if’ we were truly rational animals we would be able to see this.

I’m pretty fucking useless, I’d volunteer to be blasted into the sun.
[/quote]

Yeah but I don’t think 200,000 would be even close to enough. You’d need a few million since you would want to spread it out geographically in case of a natural disaster or disease. Also you need people to maintain some of the useful infrastructure we’ve built. A couple million on each continent would do (except Antarctica).

[quote]sam_sneed wrote:

[quote]Oleena wrote:
Cliff’s Notes:

I didn’t watch the video because it exceeds my 2 minute attention span and I’m at work. But I have been hearing “We’re going run out of oil in 30 years” for as long as I can remember. I’m 34 and 1/2 now.[/quote]

Yeah, it is garbage. The oilsands projects have at lest another 40 years of full production left in them. And, those are only the ones that are up and running. Add in all the new SAGD shit that has to be constructed, and there is more than 40 years left, for sure.

All you holier than thou pricks that are too good to use “dirty oil”, have fun running your lives when we’re still producing that shit after all the other oil runs out in 10 years. Right.

[quote]sam_sneed wrote:

[quote]Oleena wrote:
Cliff’s Notes:

I didn’t watch the video because it exceeds my 2 minute attention span and I’m at work. But I have been hearing “We’re going run out of oil in 30 years” for as long as I can remember. I’m 34 and 1/2 now.[/quote]

Yeah, it is garbage. The oilsands projects have at lest another 40 years of full production left in them. And, those are only the ones that are up and running. Add in all the new SAGD shit that has to be constructed, and there is more than 40 years left, for sure.

All you holier than thou pricks that are too good to use “dirty oil”, have fun running your lives when we’re still producing that shit after all the other oil runs out in 10 years. Right.

Yes, it’s nonsense isn’t it, oil is clearly not a finite resource, and the fact that it hasn’t run out in our lifetimes is conclusive proof of that.