T Nation

Human Chorionic Gonadotropin

Been thinking about HCG mono therapy and the length of time one can use this as a method to ‘naturally’ increase test levels along with low dose Letro (0.15 mg)

I was wondering, with regard to LH, I assume like testosterone this signal is naturally created in a pulsed fashion. So when using HCG in small daily doses (ie mono-therapy - 200iu) this obviously is a constant signal. How long do you think it takes for receptors in the testes and pituitary to become down-regulated while using HCG mono-therapy? Of course, there is a chain effect here I assume, where a HCG dose causes the tested to release non-pulsed testosterone.

As a start, people take it 3X wk or E3D while on cycle for 6-10 weeks fairly regularly. At 200-250iu doses pretty regularly. Is that not enough?

He’s talking about using ONLY using hCG to raise T levels. Much different than it’s use to maintain testicular size during a steroid cycle.

OP any dose of hCG worth using to boost T will eventually cause suppression. Doesnt seem worth it to me.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
He’s talking about using ONLY using hCG to raise T levels. Much different than it’s use to maintain testicular size during a steroid cycle.

OP any dose of hCG worth using to boost T will eventually cause suppression. Doesnt seem worth it to me. [/quote]

Sure. I was just asking if his envisaged ‘stand-alone’ dosage was greater than what many people were already taking. If it wasn’t then he would have been on well trod ground.

In any case, I think your right Bonez. Letro+HCG without AAS might actually be harder on you than with AAS. People sometimes have issues with killing their estrogen with Letro even while on, I imagine it would only be easier while off.

[quote]Karl Marx wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

OP any dose of hCG worth using to boost T will eventually cause suppression. Doesnt seem worth it to me. [/quote]

Sure. I was just asking if his envisaged ‘stand-alone’ dosage was greater than what many people were already taking. If it wasn’t then he would have been on well trod ground.
.[/quote]

Oh ok I didnt catch that from your post.

Interesting input.

I failed to mention that 0.15mg Letro E3D.

With my experience using HCG mono-therapy, I can confirm that I’ve never felt shut down; I used it for 28 days at 200iu ED, at the end I use 5 mg nolva ED and LDN ED for 2 weeks to insure that my body had an active LH signal.

Honestly have not spent serious time studying the HPSA axis (I’ll get around to it soon especially now that I’m typing about it!), but I must humbly admit that I’ve always thought that when the body detects an excess of E2, this causes the shutdown.

Still, it would interesting to note what the board thinks regarding down regulation of LH and T from HCG mono-therapy.

Hi Board,

I have another slightly related question that may help me with my previous question.

Why does deca shut you down so hard? Is it because of the undecanoate ester? I think deca has a extremely low aromatisation rate, so you’d think estrogen does not cause the shut down.

correction decanoate …
got it I think… I guess it is because deca is a progesterone, not because of the ester… But still, I don’t think eq is a a progesterone, and eq does not aromatise at high doses, so how does it cause shut down?

Its not the ester or the aromatization (well that’s part of it, but jsut a part).

Please do not use these drugs until you understand this.

Natural hormone production gets shut down because of a negative feedback loop created by the exogenous androgens. The body thinks stops producing its own androgens in the presence of exogenous ones.

Nandrolone accomplishes this quickly and at relatively low doses. If someone took 50mg/wk of nandrolone for 2 weeks there wouldnt be much suppression. Dosage and duration is a key aspect of this stuff.