T Nation

Hulk Hogan Leg-Dropped by Divorce Court


#1

http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/yahoo-tv/hulk-hogan-divorce-details-public-210908388.html

Now, while Hogan brought this on himself by shagging about - fuck me - is that bad. One can only assume the Hulkster had a resurrected Andre the Giant ruling the court.


#2

Take home point, don't get married - or get a pre-nup.


#3

'Mo money, 'Mo problems.


#4

I really question the ways the courts handle divorces. How in the world can the courts think that it is right and just to award 70% of a couple's assets to one person, leaving the other person 30%? How in the hell is that fair?! Especially when you consider that the vast majority of the assets were obtained by Hulk, either through his wrestling carear or because of the namesake he made for himself through wrestling. Why the fuck does she deserve a 40% stake in companies that make money selling HIS merchandise? The only reason those companies exist is because of HIS wrestling carear.


#5

Whatcha gonna do, brother when the alimony payments and court fees run wild over youuuuuuuu!!!!!


#6

Never ever marry

Glad I woke up lol


#7

She took 70% of his liquid assets, not 70% of all of his assets. Loads of people keep the majority of their wealth in illiquid form - real estate, companies, etc. And yeah, the split sucks, but that's why there's something called a prenup. If people don't like the way things go in divorce, they're perfectly capable of contracting around it.


#8

My bad, and yes I agree, everyone should have a pre-nup. But I still don't see how a judge would think it's right to give her 70% of anything. She sure as hell didn't contribute that much financially to the marriage.


#9

got damn


#10

Maybe the law requires 50/50 split in that state. It's not necessarily the case that the judge has a huge amount of discretion in what percentage of the estate to award her. Anyway, and I think you can agree, the major takeaway here is: if you aint no punk, holla we want prenups.


#11

To any sensible-minded person she obviously does not deserve anything close to this. But law courts are neither sensible or impartial. They are built on a foundation of misandry in which no man can escape an arse-raping. We can all laugh at Hogan as he is a cartoon character, a bit of a tit, raised a twat of a son and shagged around; but there are a lot of men out there who have been buggered by divorce courts, lost their children and are now watching another man live in their home due to a wife getting bored and filing a no-fault.

To any of the knowledgeable legal minds on here; any sensible and intelligent man these days (that has no interest in raising children) has to accept that marriage is too high risk to worth entering. However, if a man persists what can he do to limit potential damage? Seeking the legal angle here (advice on prenup, hiding assets etc), rather than the social (for example, don't marry a girl from a broken home or don't marry a slag.*)


#12

damn right


#13

I hope he gets up, and hits her with a fucking steal chair.


#14


#15

lol... this is all a work.


#16

never get maried.

once a chick gets that wedding ring its like lord of the rings, they become evil.


#17

You'd think logically since there were two people in the marriage the highest she could get ( if anything!) would be 50%.


#18

More Hogan news:

http://www.celebitchy.com/46676/hulk_hogan_i_totally_understand_oj_killing_his_wife/

"HULK Hogan is sounding homicidal over the way his wife Linda dumped him, forced him out of his $18 million mansion, allegedly started spending his money at the rate of $40,000 a month and dating "some shaggy-haired pool boy 30 years her junior," Rolling Stone reports. "I could have turned everything into a crime scene, like OJ, cutting everybody's throat," he told the magazine.

[b]"You live half a mile from the 20,000-square-foot home you can't go to anymore, you're driving through downtown Clearwater and see a 19-year-old boy driving your Escalade, and you know that a 19-year-old boy is sleeping in your bed, with your wife . . . I totally understand OJ. I get it."[/b]

He and Linda are battling it out in a Florida divorce court, where Linda's attorney claims she's entitled to use the car and that Hogan's claims against her are merely an attempt to control her love life."

#19

Wow, just wow.

I would understand if he did something stupid, too.


#20

I'm not sure a prenup would have saved him if he cheated, also I was reading that the prenup doesn't apply after the kids are born. Also sometimes they have a time limit too.

She was involved in some of the reality stuff he did. Not sure if she was involved in his companies though. But if it was a team effort with her helping out with the business, instead of working for herself, then I say half makes sense.

Although I don't think she deserves more than half.