T Nation

Hugo Chavez

[quote]Ryan P. McCarter wrote:

sobs He takes it PERSONALLY! cries He comes from a Socialist country so he KNOWS!!!
[/quote]

You are free to move to Cuba any time you want.

Interestingly enough, Cubans are not free to move to the US any time they want.

Cuba must keep people in, US must try to keep them out.

No matter how nice the theory, an occasional look at the reality has never hurt anyone.

Aaaaand…

… people living in those shitholes actually do know better than you.

Imagine that!

Actually, if you knew what you were talking about, you’d know that I am not. I wouldn’t mind, though!

And whose fault do you think that is?

Again, this is not true. See what I mean about attempting from reason from bad premises? Cuba does not try to keep people in, and a low percentage leave. Again on the contrary, the US grants asylum to any Cuban who makes it to shore. They love Cuban refugees, because they can make them up as “fleeing Castro’s despotic regime.” People from other southern countries are not so lucky, and for many of them it’s virtually impossible to get citizenship.

If Cuba was half as bad as our government said it was, they’d pay us to go there and see it.

Interesting; I was about to say the same thing to you, as you frequently gloss over the entire 19th (and much of the twentieth) century, and you’ve already entirely forgotten this current recession.

[quote]… people living in those shitholes actually do know better than you.

Imagine that![/quote]

Not quite sure where you’re talking about. Cubans love Castro and support their government. It’s a pretty nice place to live.

I’d tell you to have an objective look at the facts, but I know you well enough to know that would be asking a little much.

[quote]Ryan P. McCarter wrote:

sobs He takes it PERSONALLY! cries He comes from a Socialist country so he KNOWS!!!
[/quote]

As opposed to your infinite wisdom accumulated through reading in books and watching TV and movies. Yes Ryan, you are the epitome of credibility. Have you even left the US in your pathetic existence?

And yes Ryan, I do take it personally, because I have personally known alot of people who have struggled their asses off to get virtually nowhere. Yes, it is the proverbial running on a treadmill syndrome. Aren’t you supposed to have a bleeding heart as a Socialist, you rodent vermin?

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
The worst part of all this is not Hugo’s rhetoric. The big shame is that Obama did NOTHING about the fact the UN is calling for communism and socialism while cheering for war on Capitalism.[/quote]

They pulled his bitch card Rock, flat out. That was the time for him to stand up, but he laid down and took it like a bitch.

I take this kinda personally, because I came from a Socialist country, and for those who think that that is the answer, they have really no clue. I see many people here, who stand up for Socialism, yet have never stepped foot in a Socialist country to REALLY see what it’s like. How the people bitch and moan about not being able to get ahead no matter how hard they work. How no one has any motivation to work hard, since it’s not worth breaking your back over. [/quote]

Where are you from?

I am old enough to have seen several oft those countries and God those were shitholes.

The houses, the clothes, the peoples faces, everything was so depressing as if someone would suck the live out of everything.

Which was kind of true I guess.

[/quote]

What you mention is what many people who don’t visit Socialist countries don’t see. That whether you work hard or not, no matter how talented you are, there is little hope for you. But yet, you and Ryan McFapper think Socialism is the shit.

[/quote]

Yes, its true, my undying love for the proletarian revolution is well known.

Venceremos!
[/quote]

To start with, wrong language dude. Second, you took what I said completely out of context. I am not advocating a lower class uprising, I am saying that people should follow a system that allows you to get out of the lower class. This is what Capitalism offers that other systems don’t. We do not need more poor people, this is a main factor in the demise of California. Many rich people and business owners left because of crazy taxes and stupid state government spending. So when they left, who replaced them? The poor and illegal alien population. So you have virtually no change in population numbers, but a MUCH less revenue stream coming in. California went from being the most economically productive state (or one of the most productive states) to a bankrupt mess.

Do not associate me with that Socialist bullshit. If you are not born into money, Socialist pretty much keeps you poor. Remember, people left Socialist Europe to come here in the early 1900’s because they didn’t like it. They were tired of it. Within a century, the New World became the wealthiest in the world, how can you argue with results like that?

[quote]ggusmc wrote:
I am so tired of this anti American bullshit.

http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/andrewbolt/index.php/heraldsun/comments/putting_our_economy_in_the_hands_of_chavez_fans [/quote]

I’ve been anti-Chavez here for years; said he should meet up with a bullet.

The fact that he got the loudest applause, with a standing o, should tell us all about the rest of the world. They’re all corrupt devils.

General Washington was right – stay away from the rest of the world. They’re all evil.

Maximus, it seems to me orion is not so much a fan of teh Socializmsz…as illustrated by his use of the term “shitholes” twice in describing socialist countries, and also his criticizing of Moon-unit McCarter.

[quote]Ryan P. McCarter wrote:
Who wouldn’t like a system where more resources go to medical care than to tanks and bombs?
[/quote]

Like the Russians didn’t have tanks and bombs?

Who wouldn’t like a system where the people have to stand in food lines and the grocery stores are bare?

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
Maximus, it seems to me orion is not so much a fan of teh Socializmsz…as illustrated by his use of the term “shitholes” twice in describing socialist countries, and also his criticizing of Moon-unit McCarter.[/quote]

How dare you question my committment to La Revolucion!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1GDRTcnut4&feature=related

Oh well, this was the clip that was supposed to show but if my edit wont work…

I don’t give a shit how you feel about it. Everyone knows people who have struggled to get nowhere. It happens all the time under capitalism. I don’t even know what your point is, as it’s hard to pick out an intelligible thought between all the infantile insults and general bloviating. So finish crying, get it out of your system, and try again later.

You really have no idea what we’re even talking about, do you?

[quote]Headhunter wrote:I’ve been anti-Chavez here for years; said he should meet up with a bullet.

The fact that he got the loudest applause, with a standing o, should tell us all about the rest of the world. They’re all corrupt devils.[/quote]

Ah, yes, it couldn’t be you! It’s EVERYONE ELSE IN THE WORLD. If that’s not the definition of schizophrenic, then I don’t know what is.

The other explanation, that you’re just a raving lunatic, is far more credible.

[quote]Gkhan wrote:

[quote]Ryan P. McCarter wrote:
Who wouldn’t like a system where more resources go to medical care than to tanks and bombs?
[/quote]

Like the Russians didn’t have tanks and bombs?

Who wouldn’t like a system where the people have to stand in food lines and the grocery stores are bare?[/quote]

Russia was not socialist, however, to the extent they were, of course they had a military. If you take away one thing from reading history, it’s that the rich and powerful will not tolerate anything that threatens their privilege if there’s anything they can do about it. So of course they had a military. You should be glad, too, as you’d most likely be speaking German right now had they not.

1984 !

Literally !!!

Hey orion, I’m sure nobody will notice your mistakes if you post a funny vi—

Nevermind.

[quote]Ryan P. McCarter wrote:
Hey orion, I’m sure nobody will notice your mistakes if you post a funny vi—

Nevermind.[/quote]

What?

I am right, always!

Oh, you’re being jocular now.

Go ahead and get that 10,000th post in, too.

Ryan, since you purport your knowledge of math and physics as being proof that you are grounded in some sort of logic. Please, tell me, what books on economics you have read?

[quote]Ryan P. McCarter wrote:
Go ahead and get that 10,000th post in, too.[/quote]

And you needed two posts for that?

Post whore!

Ah, delicious irony…