Hugh Jackman vs Thomas Jane

ill take both actors at there peak phyical state. in this case for thomas jane that would be when he played frank castle in the punisher. and for hugh jackman when he played wolverine in x men. now ill leave it to the people at T-Nation to decided who was more well built overall.

the voting lasts 1 week next wednesday ill make a post saying “voting poll closed”. after that ill read all the votes and post the winner. and votes after that don’t count. every week ill post 2 new ppl that will go head to head. i also may not be able to find good shirtless pics of the actors in the chosen film.

so if youhave a good pic of someone that i could’nt find plz post it thanks.

They’re just actors. They know they can’t actually kick ass (Except for Michael Clarke Duncan, who is a purple belt in Gracie Jiu Jitsu).

This sounds like a great idea!

Kind of like the time I bet my friends that I could scoop my own eye out with a spork.

not a bad comparison. Thomas Jane would def. be the better built, but how about Thomas Jane and Ryan Reynolds circa blade 3?

[quote]HardcoreHorn wrote:
They’re just actors. They know they can’t actually kick ass (Except for Michael Clarke Duncan, who is a purple belt in Gracie Jiu Jitsu).[/quote]

FOR REAL???

[quote]The punisher kid wrote:
ill take both actors at there peak phyical state. in this case for thomas jane that would be when he played frank castle in the punisher. and for hugh jackman when he played wolverine in x men. now ill leave it to the people at T-Nation to decided who was more well built overall.

the voting lasts 1 week next wednesday ill make a post saying “voting poll closed”. after that ill read all the votes and post the winner. and votes after that don’t count. every week ill post 2 new ppl that will go head to head. i also may not be able to find good shirtless pics of the actors in the chosen film.

so if youhave a good pic of someone that i could’nt find plz post it thanks.[/quote]

i bet i know who you’ll vote for

[quote]DON D1ESEL wrote:
HardcoreHorn wrote:
They’re just actors. They know they can’t actually kick ass (Except for Michael Clarke Duncan, who is a purple belt in Gracie Jiu Jitsu).

FOR REAL???[/quote]

He’s also one of the few who worked for years as a grave digger. My guess is, he could whip most people’s asses if it came down to it…even though he is supposedly MUCH lighter lately.

[quote]DON D1ESEL wrote:
HardcoreHorn wrote:

FOR REAL???[/quote]

Indeed.

[quote]casslerock wrote:
not a bad comparison. Thomas Jane would def. be the better built, but how about Thomas Jane and Ryan Reynolds circa blade 3?[/quote]

ya im going to do one with reynolds but i gotta a beter more close match up in store for him somebody more his age and body type. anyhow got a ok shot of jane.

[quote]HardcoreHorn wrote:
They’re just actors. They know they can’t actually kick ass (Except for Michael Clarke Duncan, who is a purple belt in Gracie Jiu Jitsu).[/quote]

this has absolutley nothing to do with who could kick ass. did you even read what i wrote?

[quote]altimus wrote:
The punisher kid wrote:

so if youhave a good pic of someone that i could’nt find plz post it thanks.

i bet i know who you’ll vote for[/quote]

lol well i think jane was more ripped cause he has abs, and im not sure if jackman did or not. however jackman looked like he had more mass. it just seems to me like jane doesnt have wide shoulders.

i am actually dressing up as wolverine for a halloween party, i started growing my sideburns last week but i think ill need a barber to style my hair i just can’t get that wolverine look.

aint even gonna fake the funk (i’m not going to lie), i thought jane did a damn good job of preparing himself for the punisher role. the punisher 2 is slated to release in early 2007, so i’m anxious to see how much he gained for it. i read he gained a little over 20 lbs in 6 months for the first one.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
DON D1ESEL wrote:
HardcoreHorn wrote:

FOR REAL???

He’s also one of the few who worked for years as a grave digger. My guess is, he could whip most people’s asses if it came down to it…even though he is supposedly MUCH lighter lately.[/quote]

Yeah, I saw him on TV about a week ago. He was on Entertainment Tonight, I think (or one of those Hollywood shows that comes on right around 7). I couldn’t believe it was him.

They asked him how he did it and I can’t remember all of the details. The only thing I remember in particular was that he said he gave up red meat. That one caught me off-guard.

Not really adding anything to the conversation in particular, but I do have to say the change in Jackman’s size from the first two movies to the third was quite noticeable.

Last Stand

[quote]CC wrote:
Professor X wrote:
DON D1ESEL wrote:
HardcoreHorn wrote:

FOR REAL???

He’s also one of the few who worked for years as a grave digger. My guess is, he could whip most people’s asses if it came down to it…even though he is supposedly MUCH lighter lately.

Yeah, I saw him on TV about a week ago. He was on Entertainment Tonight, I think (or one of those Hollywood shows that comes on right around 7). I couldn’t believe it was him.

They asked him how he did it and I can’t remember all of the details. The only thing I remember in particular was that he said he gave up red meat. That one caught me off-guard.

[/quote]

He said something about draging a big tire around his yard, then beating on it with a big sledge hammer.
I thought it was really cool for an actor to use strongman and gpp type stuff to lose weight.

Being ripped does not make you a good fighter. It might give you endurance, but It doesn’t neccessarily mean that you will win because you have a six-pack. Therefor, Jackman gets my vote. he looks like he has more overall mass and strength. And a cool haircut. cool haircuts are what make you a good fighter anyways right?

[quote]CC wrote:
Professor X wrote:

[/quote]

Well that just sucks. I haven’t seen him recently, but I really don’t think Hollywood needs any more ‘average’ looking guys.

My favorite thing about Duncan was that his size was unique and rare.

I hope his weight loss was for health reasons, and not for the ability to fit into more roles.

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:
CC wrote:
Professor X wrote:

Well that just sucks. I haven’t seen him recently, but I really don’t think Hollywood needs any more ‘average’ looking guys.

My favorite thing about Duncan was that his size was unique and rare.

I hope his weight loss was for health reasons, and not for the ability to fit into more roles.[/quote]

He dropped weight for The Island initially. He still had some size on him (obviously bigger than everyone else), but he was down to about 260lbs for that one (from a high of over 340lbs for DareDevil which was the heaviest he had been in a movie role).

I haven’t seen him since that movie so I have no idea if he’s lost even more. I hope he isn’t going that route either. The Rock has shrunk to the point that he looks like everyone else lately. It sure hasn’t related directly with ‘better movies’.

This picture was taken 7/11/2006 at the premiere of that movie. He may be even smaller now.