T Nation

Hugh Jackman Adding Serious Muscle

Wow, this guy is getting better with age and should be a literal mutant in time for his Wolverine role.

http://www.tmz.com/category/paparazzi-photo/

Doesn’t look much different than in the first X-Men.

IMO he actually looks smaller than in X-3.

Tiny legs.

I don’t see anything special.

Probably he is a hardgainer.

Decent biceps. Whoopee. Not all that impressed.

Let’s me fair, if you really wanted an actor to accurately portray Wolverine’s physique as he’s represented in the comics, he’d have to be a 5’ 9", 230 lb ball of solid mass.

I think Jackman does well capturing the personality, but he could use about 15 lbs on the frame to really to Logan justice.

/comicbook guy rant

he’s got no abzzz :wink:

I thought wolverine in the comic was like 5’4

all the guys in the comics are f’in huge though, whenever i read them i used to wonder if they just took AAS in order to be better superheros.

like wolverine on cycle with his recover ability could do 1rm efforts every day and get unbelievably strong. even the smaller guys looked incredibly jacked.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
he’s got no abzzz ;)[/quote]

Or much of anything else really. Is his trainer curl in the squat rack? The pic doesn’t even look real! His chest(which might be due to some strategic chest hair shaving) and bis look good but he has no forearms and my 9 year old niece has bigger legs. I normally don’t like to dis physiques, but holy shit, he just looks goofy.

Have you ever noticed how you never see superheroes working out? What’s with that?
:frowning:

[quote]Otep wrote:
Have you ever noticed how you never see superheroes working out? What’s with that?
:([/quote]

HGH!!11!1! :wink:

LOL

Antonio Banderas checking out Cameron Diaz’s ass. I don’t blame the guy.

I know Logan was supposed to be short, so I was ballparking the 5’9", after all it’s Hollywood, can we really have a 5’4" ass-kicker?

cue the Tom Cruise jokes…

For a Hollywood actor, he’s a got a good physique. Better than most legitimate actors. He’ll look a lot bigger in the movie than he does in that picture anyway. The way they shoot and light them can add a lot of size.

[quote]Otep wrote:
:([/quote]

batman does in at least one of the books.

[quote]zephead4747 wrote:
Otep wrote:
:frowning:

batman does in at least one of the books.[/quote]

Yep, I’ve seen a lot workout. The X Men had the danger room for instance.

He looks softer in the midsection. in the movies he was hotter

On a similar note my parents actually had dinner with hugh jackman probably about 10 years ago now with him and his wife, they said he was a real nice genuine guy.