Huge, Swole, Need to Get Sharp

All these things you describe as problems are simply an issue of prioritizing eating/drinking over being lean.

These are simply poor choices.

Poor choices depends on context.

If you have a big social life itā€™s hard to not drink, or not eat out. But yes in terms of prioritizing looking good, working out, absolutely poor choices.

whatā€™s your late dinner usually look like? What type of complex carbs?

Yeah iā€™m no longer seeing the value in drinking since recovering is literally 1.5 days for me now. It is absolutely brutal.

I still enjoy a nice Malbec with dinner though once in a while.

This is the context of wanting to be lean.

1 Like

I usually go weeks where I get stuck on a couple things. For instance recently iv been crushing turkey burgers and burritos. So one night is 2 turkey burgers on low carb buns i keep a fairly low carb diet when trimming nothing extreme but usually under 200g a day American cheese and maybe a fried egg on one of em depending on what my fat intake is looking like that day. If I make burritos it will be a big ass wrap stuffed with chicken and black beans with a nice amount of shredded cheese. I usually wake up middle of the night and punish a pre made protien shake around 2am.

Honestly my diet is probably garbage in the eyes of some of the guys on here who weigh out 200grams of this and 300grams of that and eat every 3 hours with tons of vegetables and shit. I just canā€™t do it I hate most vegetables and I donā€™t like cooking lol so I keep shit simple man high protein medium/low carb and medium fat. I keep sodium low and donā€™t eat junk food or ridiculously processed shit. I also gain and lose easy so I can gain major muscle on a 300 caloric surplus and I can lose fat on a maintenance or barely in a deficit.

One major thing I notice is if I keep my carbs below 200g a day after a week or so my appetite takes a nose dive which makes cutting much easier and I get fuller faster off small meals.

black bread=whole wheat bread

1 Like

You can choose not to drink. This sounds like peer pressure.

1 Like

Yup. Going 34 years strong sober, haha.

I could never.

My dad was a big fan of the phrase ā€œwhether you think you can or you think you canā€™t, youā€™re right.ā€ I feel itā€™s a good motto.

3 Likes

yeah but there may be no better relaxing pleasure in life than having a cold beer in the sun at the beach or in the backyard for a bbq.

I just simply could not but to each their own.

I believe you.

1 Like

do you have some other type of vice?

I donā€™t trust anyone that doesnā€™t have something

I like caffeine. My resting heart rate is 44, so I claim that itā€™s medicinal.

1 Like

last time I knew someone that had a low resting heart rate and required caffeine to function normally ended up needing a pacemaker in their mid 30s

Man, sounds like it really sucks for that guy.

1 Like

I agree. Even priest haveā€¦ Well let me not go there.

I had to give most of my vices up they started to cause problems in my personal life. If you can drink or do whatever it is that makes you happy in moderation and itā€™s not causing you issues then I see no problem.

I liked to gamble high stakes poker and blow coke for days on end. Unfortunately I had to stop both completely because I canā€™t seem to do them in moderation like I can alcohol or weed.

2 Likes

haha thatā€™s a bit excessive but yeah fun times.

agree with zeek, itā€™s absolutely relative.

As far as this conversation is concerned, perhaps I would have been better off saying he ā€˜gained fatā€™ rather than ā€˜got fatā€™. Heā€™s saying heā€™s soft now, and wants to be harder. You lose fat to do that. Which you accomplish through better eating habits. Drugs donā€™t help much. Water retention also has almost nothing to do with it, as some people seem to think.

As a side note, I also suspect that this guy is over 20% bodyfat. Just a hunch. And thatā€™s fat for anyone.

Iā€™m not suggesting everyone should be as lean as I am year-round. I know thatā€™s not realistic. Iā€™m exceptional in that regard.

well, a big social life is a choice in the first place. Iā€™ll also agree that people with a big social life tend to drink and eat out often. I do both of these. But I manage it well. If you eat out, make good menu selections. Itā€™s rare for me to go to restaurant where there isnā€™t SOMETHING with reasonable nutritional value. And as for drinking, I usually have 1-3 drinks when I go out socially. Most often, itā€™s 1 with dinner. Itā€™s just about moderation. Itā€™s very, very rare for me to have more than 3 drinks in a night. But 1-3 is super common. You can drink often, and socially, without drinking to excess, and still manage your physique just fine.

I always keep a few Malbecs at home, always a favorite with food.

too much carbs in your dietā€¦ Why do you eat 50g of dextrose? its processed just like sugar in fact its made from sugarā€¦ And so much bread? I do eat some granola with yogurt everyday but its a small servingā€¦ Get your carbs from fruit and limit your intake. mostly everything that you eat should be protein or veggies.

Im writing this while eating lolā€¦
Half a chicken breast
1 can of whole tuna
Salad with broccoli, carrots cucumber with olive oil and vinegar
1 apple
1 liter of water

hahahaha love the ā€œunfortunatelyā€ in thereā€¦ I feel you on that one bro

1 Like