T Nation

HSS-100

I’ve been doing total body workouts for several years and decided to try something differant. Looked through Thib’s stuff and found this plan. Just started today, and good God, it is something. It is a 4 month plan and after today I definitlely plan on doing the whole program. Feel like the old Monty Python, “And Now For Something Completely Differant”.

Anybody who has actually followed this ball buster for 4 months got any insights or suggestions, or just want to share your experience on the program?

4 months? I’m doing the shoulder one now and its only four weeks. Are you doing 4 body part specializations back to back or did you misread? Or did I?

Anyway, I am really enjoying the program. CT put a lot of thought into picking moves that isolate each muscle. Some of the exercises are exactly what I was needed to finally end rehabing my shoulder.

Good luck with your training.

The original program was a full body program and was a 4 month to complete deal. At least the way I read it.

[quote]texass wrote:
4 months? I’m doing the shoulder one now and its only four weeks. Are you doing 4 body part specializations back to back or did you misread? Or did I?

Anyway, I am really enjoying the program. CT put a lot of thought into picking moves that isolate each muscle. Some of the exercises are exactly what I was needed to finally end rehabing my shoulder.

Good luck with your training.[/quote]

there are HSS-100 specialization programs, which are 4 weeks, and then there is the basic HSS-100 plan. Both by CT

I did the 4 month program and 1 specialization program so far and it definitely worked for me. I’m a big fan of alot of volume and I’ll prolly return to one of the other specialization programs in the future. Just make sure your taking all the steps to optimal recovery and growth.

Cuttin’ my ass. For whatever reason this gd program is hitting on all cylinders for me. But gd, at nite I am sleepy and at mealtime I am hungry. For me, the advice was right, get ready to eat and sleep.

I did his shoulder specialization program for one monthe and then followed it with the 4 month full body program. I kept the sets and reps like he advised, but switched the days around a little.

I thought it was a great change of pace, and will probably use some of the ideas again in the future.

If you are consistent with it, and you eat enough and get enough recovery, you should see some pretty good gains.

If I were to do it again, I would deload for one week after each 4 week cycle, as I was pretty beat up by the end, but keep in mind I did move the days around a bit, so that could have been my own fault.

Overall, I thought it was a very good program, especially if you haven’t done anything like it before. Just don’t push too hard on the 100 rep sets. They are there for recovery, not to break records. They shouldn’t kill you (said from experience).