HSS-100 Questions....

I recently started up the HSS-100 split routine and its only been a few days, but ive been loving it…definitely challenging, but fun at the same time, its great…but i have a few questions…any answers would be greatly appreciated, thanks…

1…This is a 16 week workout, every 4 weeks changing the rep and set schemes, should I take a week off after 8 weeks, than start up the final 8 weeks?? or should all 16 weeks be done consecutively without any break??

2…Being in college and stuff, and than having a full time job over the summer, its hard to do quads one day, and than hammies another day, would it be ok if i did both one day?? I did that the other day and felt great, but would this screw up the leg portion of this workout??

3…Anyone have some 100 rep excercices? On leg day since i am doing both hammies and quads, i finished with 100 leg exts and 100 leg curls, felt great, good idea? bad idea??

well thats all i really have, hopefully some of these can be answered…im doing back and traps today, so far i have done chest and legs…well any information would be great, thanks guys…btw i am not a beginner, have been training for about five years now, but this particular routine is completely new to me…thanks

[quote]IronWarrior34 wrote:
I recently started up the HSS-100 split routine and its only been a few days, but ive been loving it…definitely challenging, but fun at the same time, its great…but i have a few questions…any answers would be greatly appreciated, thanks…

1…This is a 16 week workout, every 4 weeks changing the rep and set schemes, should I take a week off after 8 weeks, than start up the final 8 weeks?? or should all 16 weeks be done consecutively without any break??[/quote]

see how you feel. a deload wouldnt hurt and may be very useful

[quote]
2…Being in college and stuff, and than having a full time job over the summer, its hard to do quads one day, and than hammies another day, would it be ok if i did both one day?? I did that the other day and felt great, but would this screw up the leg portion of this workout?? [/quote]

i think it would work prob i see is doesnt the program have a squat and a DL?? and intense, lots of overlap there ones goingt to suffer as well lower body will be getting a lot less attention

[quote]
3…Anyone have some 100 rep excercices? On leg day since i am doing both hammies and quads, i finished with 100 leg exts and 100 leg curls, felt great, good idea? bad idea?? [/quote]

looks good, do 100 body weight squats and stiff dl’s lol

[quote]
well thats all i really have, hopefully some of these can be answered…im doing back and traps today, so far i have done chest and legs…well any information would be great, thanks guys…btw i am not a beginner, have been training for about five years now, but this particular routine is completely new to me…thanks[/quote]

good luck,

Phill

haha thanks alot for the info phil, the 100 body weight squats and dls sound crazy, but ill definitely do it haha…i threw some DLs and Squats into the back and leg day cuz they are too great of an excercise not to do…and like you said, ill just see how my body feels and take it from there, i think a deload would be beneficial as well after those 8 weeks so ill see when i get there…but all your info was appreciated thanks alot…any other useful info about the HSS-100 program would be appreciated as well, anything!!

I believe CT never meant for the CHEST 100 to be used longer then 4 weeks, and the shoulder 100 was 4-6 weeks. But I don’t think your using either? Little vague with the HSS 100. Sounds like legs tho?

[quote]kinein wrote:
I believe CT never meant for the CHEST 100 to be used longer then 4 weeks, and the shoulder 100 was 4-6 weeks. But I don’t think your using either? Little vague with the HSS 100. Sounds like legs tho?

[/quote]

I am using both…im incorporating shoulders in with chest and back day only an excercise or two…i do 100 reps on chest day with incline dumbbell press…and i do not do 100 reps with shoulders, since there is no direct shoulder day in the routine…rather i do lateral raises in my chest day, and barbell press on my back day…my leg day is pretty torturous but amazing, i love the workout…Leg day is as follows…

Squats 4 x 6

RDLs 3 x 10-12
s.s
Isolation Bulgarian Squats 3 x 30seconds

Sissy Hack Squats 3 x 8-10
s.s
Loaded Back Extensions 3 x 8-10

100 Leg ext and 100 Leg Curls

any thoughts??

[quote]kinein wrote:

[/quote]

and thanks for the 100 on chest no longer than 4 weeks…i wasnt aware of that…are you 100% sure about that?? im not trying to say your wrong at all, im just askin, i wanna make sure im doin this right, so any info you can give me would be great…its way to hard of a workout to do wrong ya konw? and im bustin my ass 110% full throttle, and doin this wrong would be a waste of time and energy…thanks bro

[quote]kinein wrote:

[/quote]

I think he’s talking the original HSS-100 which is total package not specialization

Phill

Oh… perhaps there is some confusion?

If your doing the HSS-100 Chest it was stated as 4 weeks? That is if your using the specialization. The key thing about specific specializations that CT made clear was that the real growth happens when you shift back into a regular routine instead of pounding the shit out of your muscles indefinately. I really like the HSS specializations by CT. Very good stuff.

But maybe I’m talking about something different? What I’m referring to is the HSS-100 Chest and HSS-100 Shoulder routines.

This is the routine im talking about…

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1031781

HSS-100 - The Most Powerful Program Ever?

Stick to the BASIC routine.

If you need to bring up a lagging bodypart, do an intensive like Chest HSS100, but decrease the level or the volume that is, of the other rmuscle groups in the session.

Don’t do 2 emphasizing ones, like doing at the same time Chest HSS100 with Back HSS100, and just try to stick CLOSE to the tempos, not quite strictly but use the tempos as a ration rather than a number of seconds per phase I see it that way.

One last thing. You might to switch to a program such as Superman Sets for 2 weeks as a change of pace. It works as a deload and it changes the parameters completely, so your body will never guess what’s coming to him next and you will continue to grow.

[quote]TenaciousMe wrote:

If you need to bring up a lagging bodypart, do an intensive like Chest HSS100, but decrease the level or the volume that is, of the other rmuscle groups in the session.

Don’t do 2 emphasizing ones, like doing at the same time Chest HSS100 with Back HSS100, and just try to stick CLOSE to the tempos, not quite strictly but use the tempos as a ration rather than a number of seconds per phase I see it that way.

One last thing. You might to switch to a program such as Superman Sets for 2 weeks as a change of pace. It works as a deload and it changes the parameters completely, so your body will never guess what’s coming to him next and you will continue to grow.[/quote]

Ah thanks alot for that bit of info, definitely veryyyy useful…ill search for superman sets since i dont know what that is?? can you explain??

can anyone verify all this information ive been given?? is the HSS-100 split for all body parts not supposed to be used?? im gettin pretty confused about this haha so HELP!! please!!

can anyone verify all this information ive been given?? is the HSS-100 split for all body parts not supposed to be used?? im gettin pretty confused about this haha so HELP!! please!![/quote]

Yes, the HSS-100 gives 1 day per body part (do accessory stuff as you wish). I completed the 4 month program and there is no specialization involved. Just follow the program as shown in his article and search for his responses and other people’s combinations for exercise selections.

Don’t listen to people who are telling you not to use the split, they are confusing it with the HSS-100 specialization programs. The HSS-100 program that you are using, which I just started last week, is for all body parts.

In the spec programs you hit the specialized bodypart 3x a week and all other 1x a week, and in the normal program you hit each bodypart 1x a week.

The normal program is supposed to be used as he put it in the article, for 16 weeks, and he even posted somewhere that you could do normal HSS-100 training and then do spec for a month and then go back to HSS-100 and basically use it as a year round training program.

ah! I see, thanks for the clarification, there’s nothing wrong with using the split even with specialization. oh and don’t listen to me :slight_smile:

thanks alot guys! all that information was great…yea i was gettin a little confused with all this specialization stuff!! but thanks alot for all the information given, definitely helped me out alot…anyone who has done this workout, how did you like it??

Im lookin to do all 16 weeks of it, what were the results from people who have done it?? strength? size?? body composition?? so far its only been a week but im loving it…also, any particular supersets or sets of 100 that you particularly liked alot let me know, i love trying new things and kickin my ass in the weight room haha and im sure anyone who does this workout feels the same way…

thanks again guys

TenaciousMe wrote:

One last thing. You might to switch to a program such as Superman Sets for 2 weeks as a change of pace. It works as a deload and it changes the parameters completely, so your body will never guess what’s coming to him next and you will continue to grow.

Ah thanks alot for that bit of info, definitely veryyyy useful…ill search for superman sets since i dont know what that is?? can you explain??
[/quote]

Well, i hope there wasn’t any sarcasm. As for Superman Sets, they are a way to use Timed sets for functional hypertrophy, but I have found that it helps a lot as a change of pace program and it helps to strengten the tendons and leave a good effect on the CNS…try looking it up, it’s an article by Christian Thibaudeau, the same one who wrote HSS100, in case you can’t find it, look up issue #284 of T-Nation, or the search option

nice, thanks for the tip ill definitely look into and hopefully find it…here is what my workout looks like…

Day 1 Chest/Shoulders

-DB Flat Bench - 4 x 6-8

-Decline OR Incline Flyes 3x 10-12
s.s
-Decline OR Incline Bench 3 x 8-10
s.s
Lateral Raises - 3 x 8-10

• Wide to Close DB Press 3 x 10-12

-100 Reps Incline or Decline Bench

Day 2 LEGS

Squats - 4 x 6-8

-Romanian Deadlifts - 3 x 10-12
s.s
-One Legged Iso Holds - 30-60seconds each leg

-Sissy Hack Squat - 3 x 8-10
s.s
-Loaded Back Extension 3 x 8-10

-100 Leg Ext and Leg Curls or 50/50 depending on how im feeling…or just 100 Leg Ext all depends on how i feel

here are my last 2 days of the program…

Day 4 Back/Traps/Shoulders

-DB or BB Rows - 4 x 6-8 im thinking of changing that to deadlifts but i am not sure yet, what are your thoughts on that??? thanks…

-Wide Grip Pullups - 3 x 10-12
s.s
-One Arm DB Rows - 3 x 8-10

-One Arm Shrugs - 3 x 10-12
s.s
-DB Shoulder Press - 3 x 8-10
s.s
-Haney Shrug - 3 x 8-10

-Rack Pulls (Above Knee) 3 x 8-10

-100 Reps __________ whatever i feel like at the time

Day 5 Tris/Bis

-Close Grip Bench - 4 x 6-8

-Skull Crushers - 3 x 8-10
s.s
-EZ Bar Curls - 3 x 8-10

-Jettison Curls - 3sets

• Rotating Tricep Ext. 3 x 10-12

-100 Reps some form of Curls

any criticism on the workout would be great…or things i may doing wrong or questions that could be brough up about it, please ask, cuz it is my first time doing this HSS-100 workout so i may be doing something wrong…any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks for everything so far guys

anymore input anyone???