T Nation

HS Lacrosse Player Training Log

Hello everyone. I’m making this log for a few reasons:

1. To track my progress.
  2. To be a guinea pig for any lacrosse player looking for guidance/an example of what or what not to do.
  3. Because it’s fun!

First off some stats, I’m a sophomore, 15 years old, I play close defense and sometimes LSM. I play in the fall and summer. Fall is lighter in terms of practices and games, and summer is the “heaviest” season.

Currently I will be running the “WS4SB Strength and Speed Template” with a few tweaks. I will also be taking some of the speed training principles from Joe DeFranco’s “Speed Manual” and using them on the speed day. Here is my “template”:

Sunday: Individual Practice/Team Practice/Prospect Camp
Monday: OFF
Tuesday: Max Effort Upper EDIT: Speed&Conditioning/Speed
Wednesday: Speed&Conditioning/Speed EDIT: Max Effort Upper
Thursday: Very Light Individual Practice/Team Practice
Friday: Max Effort Lower&Conditioning/Rep Upper&Max Effort Lower
Saturday: Rep Upper/OFF

Some days have more than one option because depending on where I am in the year, things change.

I’ve chose the Low Handle Trap Bar Deadlift, Front Squat, and Below The Knee Rack Pull for my max lower lifts, and the Bench Press, Floor Press, and Overhead Press(Strict) for my max upper lifts.

Thanks to anyone who cares to follow along!

9/13/18, Thursday: Max Effort Lower&Conditioning (Supposed to do this on Friday but moved it up because the hurricane will prevent me from training tomorrow):

Low Handle Trap Bar DL, Worked up to 3rm: 370lbs (Assuming my trap bar is 45lbs, will weight it one day)
Back Raises, 4x15: 60lbs
Trap bar shrugs, 3x15: 145lbs
S/S
Plate Pinch Holds, 3x40-60s: 35lbs(each hand)
Sled Sprints, 1x6 30yd sprints: 75lbs

Good training session today. Didn’t do too much for conditioning today because I’m just starting off, will do more next time.

Pretty nice deadlift for 15! I’m 19 and haven’t hit that yet.

Looks interesting though - gonna be following.

Another teen :open_mouth:
In

Thanks guys glad to have you following!

UPDATE: I will be replacing the Rack Pull with the Sumo Deadlift.

Oh and I forgot to give my height and body weight: Height: 5’10”, Weight: 170lbs

I’m just go over my main lift again cause I’ve made more changes.
Max Upper Lifts: Bench Press, Incline Bench Press, Push Press
Max Lower Lifts: Low Handle Trap Bar DL, Front Squat, Sumo DL

Sorry for the confusion lol

In for your log. Lacrosse is one of my favourite sports!!

Thanks Man! Happy to have you following!

9/15/18, Saturday: Repetition Upper:

DB Shoulder Press, 3x20,17,12: 25lbs (each hand)
Chin Ups, 4x10,7,4,4: Bodyweight (170lbs)
S/S
Lateral Raises, 4x15,15,12,12: 15lbs (each hand)
Overhead BB Extensions, 3x10,8,11: 50lbs
S/S
DB Preacher Curls, 3x12,6,6: 25lbs (each hand)
BB Hold, 3x40s: 135lbs
S/S
Neck Curls, 3x25: 10lbs

Good training session today. Was supposed to do chest flyes before chin ups, but I totally forgot lol. Went light on the neck curls cause this is my first time doing them.

UPDATE: I will be switching the max effort upper and speed days around. So the Speed&Conditioning is on Tuesday, Max effort Upper on Wednesday.

I have decided that it is in my best interest to finish out my newbie gains before moving on to a conjugate/concurrent system. So instead I’m going to run the alpha destiny novice program 2x a week (Alex says it’s ok to run it twice a week if you can’t do 3 times). I will run this until my newb gains stop, which will probably be soon because I’ve run some of Starting strength before(did not milk it out though). I’d consider myself a late/advanced novice. Anyways, here’s the new template:

Sunday: Practice/Prospect Camp
Monday: Novice Program Day A
Tuesday: OFF
Wednesday: Speed&Conditioning
Thursday: Practice
Friday: Novice Program Day B
Saturday: OFF

9/18/18, Tuesday: Novice Program Day A(This is supposed to be done on Monday, but I did not make he decision to do this program until today, so I just did it today):

Parallel Box Squat, 3x5: 275lbs
Floor Press, 3x6: 155lbs
Pendlay Row, 3x6: 135lbs
Overhead BB extensions, 3x10: 55lbs
S/S
DB Preacher Curls, 3x10,10,7: 25lbs (each hand)
Stiff Leg Deadlifts, 3x10: 225lbs