I am a 30 year old male, living in Belgium, who has had a long workout history (around 10 years), including the occasional anabolic cycle. What exactly caused it is not clear, but I have been dealing with burn out syndrom (adrenal fatigue) and lowish test/thyroid related problems for about a small year now.
I had passed several endocrinologists, none of which were up to any good (surprise!!).
As I have been at home, unable to work for 6 months already now, I wanted to take matters into my own hands and I decided to visit Dr. Hertoghe, an insanely expensive but wellknown hormone doctor in Brussels.
Currently my main symptoms are:
- Severe fatigue, unable to work, unable to workout, hardly able to manage household.
- Very little libido
- Brain Fog/ Trouble concentrating
- Ringing Ears
- Memory problems
- Poor selfesteem
- Mild depression, no joy of life
- No energy to work out
I would be glad if some of you experts would like to comment on the treatment I have only just started.
I will post the major blood work (and urine testing), especially the exceeding values (Exclamation marks), from my first visit (two days ago) to Dr. Hertoghe:
- Insulin: 6 mg/dl (3 -22)
- Glucose: 90 mg/dl (60 - 110)
- IGF Binding Protein 3: 5,85 mg/L (2,96 - 4,96) !!
- Somatomedine-C (IGF1): 262 ng/ml (190 - 490)
- Creatinine: 0,85 mg/dl (0.70 - 1.30)
- Vit. D: 34,7 ng/ml (30 - 60)
- Cholesterol LDL: 134 mg/dl (0 - 114) !!!
- Cholesterol HDL: 44 mg/dl (40 - 109) !
- CRP: High sensitive (inflammation): 0,84 mg/L (0 - 0,55) !!
- Ratio AA/EPA fats: 17,31 (5.0 - 10)
- Free T3: 4,09 pg/ml (2.1 - 4.2)
- Free T4: 1,67 ng/dl (0,7 - 1,8)
- TSH: 0,49 (0,3 - 4,5)
- Pregnenolone: 3.51 ng/ml (3,90 - 13,50) !!
- Progesterone: 0,54 Âµg/L (0 - 1)
- Transcortine: 57mg/L (20 - 50) !!
- SHBG: 19 pmol/ml (20 - 55) !!! (Worried about this value and TRT)
- Oestron 59 pg/ml (10 - 60) !
- Oestradiol: 47 ng/L (<30) !!!
- FSH: 4,9 IE/L (2 - 15)
- Free Cortisol: 4,3 ng/ml (10-30) !!!
- Cortisol 11,6 Âµg/dl (7 - 25)
- DHEA-S: 199Âµg/dl (200 - 610) !!
- Testosterone: 5071 pg/ml (3000 - 10000)
- Free Testosterone: 225 pg/ml (50 - 280)
- Percentage of bound Testosterone 95,6 (4,4 % free) !!!
- Creatinine 3,05g/24u (1,0 - 2,2) !!!
- Jodium 50 Âµg/L (??)
- Jodium per 24h: 140 Âµg/24h (170 - 280)
- Natrium per 24h: 352,8 mmol/24h (100 - 220) !!!
- Calcium per 24h: 11,48 mmol/24h (3,50 - 7) !!!
- Magnesium per 24h: 5,88 mmol/24h (2,46 - 4,92) !!
- Fosfor per 24h: 51,24 mmol/24h (12,9 - 25,8) !!!
- T3: 0,37Âµg/L
- T3 per 24h: 1590 pmol/24h (800 - 2500)
- Cortisol 24h: 16,8 Âµg/24h (10 - 100) !!
- T4: 0,52 Âµg/L
- T4 per 24h: 1870 pmol/24h (550 - 3160)
- Melatonine (6-sulfatoxy) per 24h: 10,30 Âµg/24h (15,60 - 58,1) !!!
- Aldosterone per 24h 6,7 Âµg/24h (5.0 - 20)
- Nickel: 2,7 Âµg/g creat (<2) !!
- IgE 11,4 kE/L (20 - 100) !!!
- Candida Albicans 116,3 mg/L (<80 = negative)
- PSA 1,01 Âµg/L (0.1 - 1.8)
That’s about it! Dr. Hertoghe got me started (only just now) on the following therapy:
- ERFA Thyroid (T4/T3): Increasing from 15mg/day to 90mg/day
- Hydrocortisone 20mg : 1,5 pill/day
- DHEA 35mg: 1 cap/day
- Pregnenolone 50mg: 2 caps/day
- Testogel 10% (100mg/g): 1,5g = 150mg/day (Alternatively 250mg Test E/10days)
- A’Dex 1mg : 2 x 0,5 pill/week
- Melatonine 0,2mg: 0,25 to 0,50 pill/day
- Omnitrope Growth Hormone (pen with clics): 1 click/day for 10 days, 2 click/day for 10 days, then 3 clicks/day permanently
- Vit. B Stress Complex
- Folic Acid 10mg: 1 capsule/day
- Vit. B12: 1 pill/day
- Vit. D: 2 x 1 ampoule weekly
- Borage Oil 1000mg: 5 caps/day
- Omega 3: 1cap/day
- Anti Oxidant (Selenium + Zink): 1 cap/day
- Copper 2mg: 1 cap/day
- Vitamine A: 2 teaspoons/day
- Zinc Citrate 22,5mg: 2 caps/day
- Glutamine 500mg: 4 caps/day
- off course dietary measures
Well now, that’s about it, now some questions:
- What’s your general opinion on the therapy he is giving me?
- I have been (slowly) recovering from (very) low shbg (9!). It has now gotten to 19 in half a year. According to Dr. Hertoghe the Erfa T3 will significantly increase SHBG to maintain Testosterone positive effects, yet still I remain afraid that the low shbg values will diminish the TRT efficacy.
- I have only started on Erfa and Melatonine yesterday and already experienced some sides:
- Very nervous feeling, unable to relax
- Restless Legs at night, unable to sleep
What’s your opinion on this? Is my body adapting to the medicin or is this abnormal?
- Dr. Hertoghe prescribed A’Dex, but I still have some Aroxifen around (Tamoxifen 20mg + Aromasin 20mg). Will this do the trick or should I really stick to the A’dex? If it does do the trick, at what dosage?
That’s it for now. I would be majorly greatful if anyone would be willing to spend a few minutes to look at my situation as I no longer trust one doctor’s opinion and like to selfhandle my health issues. I will later on share my experiences with other users also.