HRT: Prescriptions for What?

I just got blood tests done today for: total test, free test, estradiol, HDL and LDL levels. They said it would be like a week for the total t and free t results to come back.

Anyway, I’ve been reading several posts about HRT. Some say use androgel while others suggest HCG. Here are my symptoms: lethargy, shrunken testicles, low libido, thinning hair, bodyfat gain and low t levels( don’t know for sure yet but I’ll bet money on it). I want to restore everything back to normal or as close to normal as before. What should I aim to get prescribed to me?

Also, my doctor is just a general doctor and has not recommended me to a endocrinologist yet. He said that once he sees my results, he will determine whether or not to refer me to an endo. Is there anything I can say to him to just get him to prescribe me the HRT supps?

let me know and thanks in advance guys!!

You could try saying “Write the prescriptions or I’ll blow your head off.” I’m sure that would work.

In all honesty, I don’t know much about HRT but I would say that you shouldn’t conclude that it’s low Testosterone just because of those above symptoms. It could be a number of things, such as with the body fat gain and thinning hair. Those are diet and genetic issues, respectively.

The thinning hair was experienced from taking DHEA. Slowly over the course of the last two years or so, my hair has thinned out a bit and everything has dropped substantially. I feel like I’m 34 and I’m only 24.

Will a regular doctor be able to prescribe HRT or will it have to be done by an endocrinologist?